PDA

View Full Version : Recipes + Workout

GotRice?
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Needed some more meal ideas and did a quick search but couldn't find much. I'll start off.

Smoothie

1 banana
1 cup apple juice
1 tbsp honey (optional)
2-3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1 scoop protein
handful of frozen mixed berries
handful of ice

Throw it all in a blender and done. If you prefer you can also add a little tofu in there. If its too thick then you need some more apple juice.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
come at me bro, drink this errrday

6tbsp hemp seeds
5tbsp chia seeds
2tbsp flax seeds
4 raw eggs
60g whey protein isolate
1tbsp spirulina
1tbsp chlorella
2tbsp raw honey
2cups spinach
2 cups mixed berries
3 bananas
1tbsp udo's oil
1tbsp maca root powder
1tsp tumeric
1tbsp glutamine
dropper of fulvic minerals/acid
30 oxy-e drops
add water

throw it in a blendtec and done, cause regular blenders just can't handle this level of nutrition.

KRyn
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

6tbsp hemp seeds
5tbsp chia seeds
2tbsp flax seeds
4 raw eggs
60g whey protein isolate
1tbsp spirulina
1tbsp chlorella
2tbsp raw honey
2cups spinach
2 cups mixed berries
3 bananas
1tbsp udo's oil
1tbsp maca root powder
1tsp tumeric
1tbsp glutamine
30 oxy-e drops
add water

throw it in a blendtec and done, cause regular blenders just can't handle this level of nutrition.

Can you bench over 9000 yet?

What is the flavour profile of this drink? Post a picture of the next one you make.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Can you bench over 9000 yet?

What is the flavour profile of this drink? Post a picture of the next one you make.

fairly sure my colon is cleaner than a microsoft bathroom.

flavour = sweet and berrylicious with a hint of earthiness. it works out to be around 2.5 Litres, I drink half in the morning half post workout.

diet:

ONLY fluids I drink are green tea and water (minimum 4L/day). No alcohol/juice/coffee/pop.

shake + 1 cup steel cut oats in the morning
meal 2: chicken breast/quinoa/brussel sprouts
meal 3: salmon/spinach/wholewheat pasta
meal 4: stir fry beef/mixed veg/sprouted brown rice
meal 5:lean ground beef/baby bok choy/wholewheat pasta
post workout drink other 1/2 of shake
meal 6: scrambled egg whites
meal 7: 1 cup cottage cheese 10min before bed

I cook and fill 30 1.2L tupperwares every 2 weeks. I'd estimate I'm around 3500-4500 cals a day, depending if I miss I meal or not.

workout is either a 4 or 5 day split depending on how much time I have in the week. Cardio = dog walks. Haven't started HIIT but planning on incorporating in the future.

monday - chest/bis
tuesday - legs come at me bro
wednesday - back
thursday - shoulders/tris
fri - rest
saturday - full body
sun - rest

throw a few rides to work on my bike, some yoga and voila, get the shred brahs.

6'7 245lbs approx 12% bf

supplements = xpand non-caffienated, going to formulate my own homebrew PWO after I'm done this tub.

BCAA's when I can afford it
Multi when I can afford it (although I think my shake provides all the nutrients I need)

Also considering adding another cup of steel cut oats 30min PreWO

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558170_10151075348320874_1669662352_n.jpg

KRyn
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I am interested in this shake / oatmeal looking drink... You should deliver me one hahaha.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
I am interested in this shake / oatmeal looking drink... You should deliver me one hahaha.

teach me how to clean and jerk/clean and press/power clean and i'll make you a 1L worth.

GotRice?
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM

fairly sure my colon is cleaner than a microsoft bathroom.

flavour = sweet and berrylicious with a hint of earthiness. it works out to be around 2.5 Litres, I drink half in the morning half post workout.

diet:

ONLY fluids I drink are green tea and water (minimum 4L/day). No alcohol/juice/coffee/pop.

shake + 1 cup steel cut oats in the morning
meal 3: salmon/spinach/wholewheat pasta
meal 4: stir fry beef/mixed veg/sprouted brown rice
meal 5:lean ground beef/baby bok choy/wholewheat pasta
post workout drink other 1/2 of shake
meal 6: scrambled egg whites
meal 7: 1 cup cottage cheese 10min before bed

I cook and fill 30 1.2L tupperwares every 2 weeks. I'd estimate I'm around 3500-4500 cals a day, depending if I miss I meal or not.

workout is either a 4 or 5 day split depending on how much time I have in the week. Cardio = dog walks. Haven't started HIIT but planning on incorporating in the future.

monday - chest/bis
tuesday - legs come at me bro
wednesday - back
thursday - shoulders/tris
fri - rest
saturday - full body
sun - rest

throw a few rides to work on my bike, some yoga and voila, get the shred brahs.

6'7 245lbs approx 12% bf

supplements = xpand non-caffienated, going to formulate my own homebrew PWO after I'm done this tub.

BCAA's when I can afford it
Multi when I can afford it (although I think my shake provides all the nutrients I need)

Also considering adding another cup of steel cut oats 30min PreWO

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558170_10151075348320874_1669662352_n.jpg

That sounds intense, do you just set aside one day, make all of that and put it in tupperware? I'm trying to have like a set meal plan where I'll cook everything on a Sunday or Monday and have it ready to go. But I am still not sure as to what meals or exactly how to cook all this.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by GotRice?

That sounds intense, do you just set aside one day, make all of that and put it in tupperware? I'm trying to have like a set meal plan where I'll cook everything on a Sunday or Monday and have it ready to go. But I am still not sure as to what meals or exactly how to cook all this.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/472389_10150989223930874_737138171_o.jpg

scboss
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Like a boss. This looks like my kitchen every sunday

JfuckinC
10-02-2012, 01:21 PM
haha that's like mine every sunday too, except for 3 people..(2 out of my 3 roomies are meatheads one being a PT lol)

Were actually buying another fridge tonight because we only have a full size and a beer fridge for our food..

Zip i would be interested to know your actual work outs from day to day if you'd share? you're stats are of a beast. Holy shit. I'm a big guy but you got me beat by 3 inches/15lbs/8% bf lol.......

Gotrice? sorry for the hi-jack, but you know you can come over anytime and the boys will give you ideas.. you know im boring and only eat chicken/eggs/rice/spinach haha..

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
haha that's like mine every sunday too, except for 3 people..(2 out of my 3 roomies are meatheads one being a PT lol)

Were actually buying another fridge tonight because we only have a full size and a beer fridge for our food..

Zip i would be interested to know your actual work outs from day to day if you'd share? you're stats are of a beast. Holy shit. I'm a big guy but you got me beat by 3 inches/15lbs/8% bf lol.......

Gotrice? sorry for the hi-jack, but you know you can come over anytime and the boys will give you ideas.. you know im boring and only eat chicken/eggs/rice/spinach haha..

The funny thing is, I'm not that strong, but I have decent endurance.

For example, my personal record for incline barbell bench is 185x40 (4x10), but my 1RM is basically 225lbs.

Monday: Chest/Biceps
•4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-10 reps
•3 sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
•3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
•3 sets of Chest Dips until failure
•3 sets of Barbell Curls, 8-10 reps
•3 sets of Preacher Curls, 8-10 reps, then drop the weight to half, and push out another 8

Tuesday: Legs/Calves
• 4 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Lunges 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Leg Press 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Leg Extensions till failure
• 3 sets of Leg Curls 8-10 reps

Calves are self explanatory, just use some of the machines till failure, a lot of reps, feel the burn.

Wednesday: Back
• 3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps
• 4 sets of Deadlifts 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Bent Over Rows 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Dumbell Rows 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Hyperextensions 8-10 reps

Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps
• 4 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of front raises 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Close-Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps
• 4 sets of Pulldowns 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Skullcrushers 8-10 reps

Saturday: Full Body
• 3 sets of Deadlifts 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Clean and Jerk 8-10 reps
• 3 sets of Weighted Pull ups 8-10 reps

I do everything but the clean and jerk (I don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough to safely perform these by myself/northland golds isn't very accomodating to olympic lifts).

I also mix things up, depending on how my body feels. This routine is a good guide, but nothing is stopping you from swapping exercises based on how your body feels for any given day. For example, swapping between barbell and dumbell incline, doing skullcrushers supersetted with closegrip bench. Trying to incorporate a BIT of muscle confusion when I notice my body adapting.

If you guys remember my thread last August, I had a severe DH MTB crash that put me out for 6 months (KO'd for 20min, broken elbow broken arm dislocated patellas, fucked up my jaw, lots of roadrash). I just started training again in February, started at 200lbs-ish, easily weigh in at 245lbs, can hit 250 if I eat/drink enough and weigh in before a poop. I don't really care about numbers anymore, I just love the pump and the changes in my body. I can see all of my serratus, striations in quads/chest/shoulders, crazy definition in the back, vascularity in the chest while lifting, etc etc. If you like what you see in the mirror, and the general public is mirin', you're on the right track.

Very last thing is intensity, I can't stress how important short breaks between sets are for a good pump. I aim for 60minutes from the point I enter the locker room to the point I leave.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
I'd post pics... but I'd rather you phaggots just came with me to the gym. I don't wanna be someones Avatar like m.alex :rofl:

GotRice?
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/472389_10150989223930874_737138171_o.jpg

What exactly is in there? Lol

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by GotRice?

What exactly is in there? Lol

+ looks like I added some brocolli too. Never have too much veg.

littledan
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
no offense, but I could never eat the same thing day after day like that. plus that food looks gross as shit. i'd rather be fat or skinny and enjoy eating. i guess everyone has different priorities though.

props to you guys that can stick to a diet that strictly. my old secretary used to do fitness competitions and she was super miserable on her diet eating the same thing every day. boy was i happy the week or two after competition. plus she had bit ol' titties and she'd rub them on my back sometimes to tease me :poosie:

JfuckinC
10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Looks good Zip, my work outs are almost identical. You clearly have much better self control/diet control than i though haha.

I was lucky to have a buddy super into oly lifts that taught me a lot about cleans/deads. Just started back a few weeks ago and feel like i've barely skipped a beat.

What gym you at?

Originally posted by littledan
no offense, but I could never eat the same thing day after day like that. plus that food looks gross as shit. i'd rather be fat or skinny and enjoy eating. i guess everyone has different priorities though.

props to you guys that can stick to a diet that strictly. my old secretary used to do fitness competitions and she was super miserable on her diet eating the same thing every day. boy was i happy the week or two after competition. plus she had bit ol' titties and she'd rub them on my back sometimes to tease me :poosie:

haha, i was fat/unhealthy once. Never again. I could eat the same thing everyday if it means me feeling and looking good.

J.M.
10-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Zip, that's Zyzz' workout routine right? I started it yesterday, not doing as well as I hoped, but holy fawk brah keep at it.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 01:43 PM

Meh, add a condiment and you're good to go. To me, this is fuel - taste is irrelevant unless it's date night/cooking for others. I do get a little tired of eating the same thing every day, but at least it's 6 different meals of every day. Also, when you start to see how rapidly your body changes, the energy/focus you get from eating proper, it really fuels your desire to continue.

I still cook French Onion Soup or tenderloin's/asparagus and enjoy cooking. I'll get creative in the kitchen when I'm preparing food for others.

I eat to live, I don't live to eat. When you start eating healthy (and you know how to cook), you start to become disgusted by fast/processed foods.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried Quinoa, Chicken Breast and Brussel Sprouts? It's actually pretty not bad.

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Looks good Zip, my work outs are almost identical. You clearly have much better self control/diet control than i though haha.

I was lucky to have a buddy super into oly lifts that taught me a lot about cleans/deads. Just started back a few weeks ago and feel like i've barely skipped a beat.

What gym you at?

Northland Golds. Usually there right after work (5PM) or just before bed (9PM).

I don't believe in having an ego in the gym. I don't believe it's a place to prove anything, except to yourself. I don't have any tolerance for people lifting heavy weight with shitty form. I keep to myself and focus 100% on form first, then intensity, then moving up weight.

If you're cool with that, PM me and lets go for a lift! I could use a spot for sure.

Originally posted by J.M.
Zip, that's Zyzz' workout routine right? I started it yesterday, not doing as well as I hoped, but holy fawk brah keep at it.

Yes, as much as zyzz was a narcissistic phaggot, he knew his shit about training/nutrition/dedication and it's inspiring.

I think the following he's generated is ridiculous and people swing off his nuts way too much, but if it gets people lifting heavy and taking a multi, so be it.

scboss
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM

I am by no means a big guy yet 205lbs and 6'2 but if I don't eat like this shit hits the fan. The problem with your way of thinking isn't even about what your eating its how much your eating. In order for me to hit between 3000-3600 calories per day I have to eat around 6 times.
If I wanted variety I would need a personal chef hahaha. Last Friday I had no food and had to eat out.
I ate
Subway
Sushi
Subway
Cultures
Nandos
Booster juice
Cost me $80
When you hit a certain level what you do in the gym barely compares to what you do outside and I'm not even talking about getting ripped. I'm just talking putting on lean size and seeing strength gains

zipdoa
10-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by warcaster

When you hit a certain level what you do in the gym barely compares to what you do outside and I'm not even talking about getting ripped. I'm just talking putting on lean size and seeing strength gains

This.

You'll see people get their noob gains but won't tweak their diet, plateau and fall off the boat. At this point, I'd say it's 75% diet, 15% rest, 10% gym.

And by diet, It's not just what you eat, but WHEN. There's specific times to consume different types of proteins and carbohydrates. It gets fucking ridiculous.

shakalaka
10-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I really need to have some sort of diet in place...

I have no problems hitting the gym and such, it's my diet that doesn't let me get where I want to be. Not knowing how to cook at all/being lazy when it comes to cooking doesn't help at all. :(

JfuckinC
10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I really need to have some sort of diet in place...

I have no problems hitting the gym and such, it's my diet that doesn't let me get where I want to be. Not knowing how to cook at all/being lazy when it comes to cooking doesn't help at all. :(

take a cookie pan, place some tinfoil on it creating edges that wont leak(no dishes!) place chicken on the pan, season chicken. Place on the middle rack of the over for 20-25 minutes at about 375. Go watch some tv.

Cooking is easier than you think haha, i literally just told gotrice? this.. he sits 2 desks away from me lol..

littledan
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
i can see how you would need to cook all those meals in order to hit your daily calories, that makes a lot of sense. i have one guy on my beer league team that is a straight beast when it comes to eating and working out. he is probably down around 8-10% bf right now and literally brings around a duffel bag sized cooler around with him with all of his food.

yeah i've had qinoa but I am not a big fan at all. first experience was from a food truck here in edmonton and I was thinking "wtf is this hipster shit" lol. hook me up with some mac and cheese or arugula salad!

GotRice?
10-02-2012, 03:15 PM

take a cookie pan, place some tinfoil on it creating edges that wont leak(no dishes!) place chicken on the pan, season chicken. Place on the middle rack of the over for 20-25 minutes at about 375. Go watch some tv.

Cooking is easier than you think haha, i literally just told gotrice? this.. he sits 2 desks away from me lol..

Going to try this tonight. I definitely think I need to sit down and actually set up a proper meal plan. I'm pretty much just eating whatever is there every couple hours. It'd be nice to know what I'm actually intaking.

shakalaka
10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Pretty much same thing for me...I really need a set meal plan in place. I've got no problems hitting the gym, I like the size I am at right now, now only if I could shred my fat, I'd be happy. :(

Little Dragon
10-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Wow, good work Mike. I need major help on my diet :(
Teach me! :D

I am at school from 7am to 7pm most days so something easy, quick, healthy and relatively cheap that I could throw in Tupperware to bring to school would be great.

I just don't really have any recipes in mind...

BrknFngrs
10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
How's the quinoa and chicken by friday? I would have thought it would be reaching a pretty sketchy point after that many days.

scboss
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
How's the quinoa and chicken by friday? I would have thought it would be reaching a pretty sketchy point after that many days.

Oh for sure, you can only pack food 3 days in advance maybe 4. I usually do everything up on sunday/wednsday nights.

Yo little dragon do what I did in university. Cook 2 meats, 2 sides, 2 veggies and split it into 3 days.

My favourite was
Chicken (white or dark)
Yam
Asparagus

Lean Ground Beef
Brown Pasta
Broccoli

Then add a Tsp of olive oil into each one to get your fat intake. No sauces but lots of seasoning

bigbadboss101
10-03-2012, 10:19 PM

This.

You'll see people get their noob gains but won't tweak their diet, plateau and fall off the boat. At this point, I'd say it's 75% diet, 15% rest, 10% gym.

And by diet, It's not just what you eat, but WHEN. There's specific times to consume different types of proteins and carbohydrates. It gets fucking ridiculous.

Nutrition timing.. can you recommend a good read? My diet is way too loose.

brucebanner
10-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I don't believe in having an ego in the gym. I don't believe it's a place to prove anything, except to yourself. I don't have any tolerance for people lifting heavy weight with shitty form. I keep to myself and focus 100% on form first, then intensity, then moving up weight.

This is absolutely the best attitude to have in the gym. I used to be concerned with moving heavy(to me) weight. It really wasn't until a 1-2 months ago that I realized I wasn't doing myself any favors. I have since began to think this way and everything seems to go much smoother.

Oh and 6'7 245lbs? 6'4-6'5 245-250lbs here but I think we have two largely difference body compositions. I'm comin' at you bro, I want to be the biggest guy on beyond. :rofl: :rofl:

All joking aside, keep up the good work dude!

zipdoa
10-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Nutrition timing.. can you recommend a good read? My diet is way too loose.

Again, not to zyzz nutswing, but here's some compiled information that is decent for a beginner. It's not a professional book by any means, but will get you started in the right direction. Plus, it's free!

http://gobodynow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Zyzzs-Bodybuilding-Bible.pdf

Originally posted by bruceod

This is absolutely the best attitude to have in the gym. I used to be concerned with moving heavy(to me) weight. It really wasn't until a 1-2 months ago that I realized I wasn't doing myself any favors. I have since began to think this way and everything seems to go much smoother.

Oh and 6'7 245lbs? 6'4-6'5 245-250lbs here but I think we have two largely difference body compositions. I'm comin' at you bro, I want to be the biggest guy on beyond. :rofl: :rofl:

All joking aside, keep up the good work dude!

Hahaha I'm sure there's bigger, stronger and faster guys than me on Beyond. I'm just happy to be pushing forwards and getting results. It's awesome when you meet friends that haven't seen you in a couple years and their first question is if you do steroids :rofl: (I'm natty brah's)

Thanks for the encouragement... It's addictive as hell and I don't see myself living life without a pump. When you look in the mirror and you can genuinely say "holy shit", you know you're on the right track.

All I can really say is keep motivation levels up. Whatever it is that drives you, focus on it. Whether it be a girl that dumped you, someone who bullied you, friends who called you skinny, or just the desire to step out of your comfort zone, fucking own it and make every workout count.

It sounds a little fucked up, but I used to think of some phaggot banging my ex or someone holding a gun to my head when I needed the energy to pump out that last rep. It doesn't matter where the motivation comes from, as long as it drives you towards your goals. I think motivation is the single most important factor in reaching your goals. If you have the drive, diet exercise and results will follow.

I also see a lot of threads popping up here that are full of real progress - which is a refreshing change to the ones I followed a few years back, which really went nowhere. I'm talking about guys like Bruce, Shadowz, Flipstah, Little Dragon, Warcaster etc. Seeing your threads keeps me honest and makes me realize that I need to keep at it to stand out.

Also, a big shout out to Darkane, he's a wealth of information. I've learned a lot from him over the past few years. From what I've seen on this forum, he's one of the most intelligent members in terms of nutrition, supplements and exercise and how the human body reacts to changes in those three areas.

bigbadboss101
10-04-2012, 12:11 PM

I also see a lot of threads popping up here that are full of real progress - which is a refreshing change to the ones I followed a few years back, which really went nowhere. I'm talking about guys like Bruce, Shadowz, Flipstah, Little Dragon, Warcaster etc. Seeing your threads keeps me honest and makes me realize that I need to keep at it to stand out.

Hey I don't see my name. Hmm give me until end of year. I will get there :-)

zipdoa
10-04-2012, 01:11 PM

Hey I don't see my name. Hmm give me until end of year. I will get there :-)

hahaha I couldn't remember EVERY one off the top of my head, hence the etc.

bigbadboss101
10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for that link to Zyzz, it's good info.

shadowz
10-04-2012, 02:38 PM
zipdoa is totally right about eating what and WHEN, when has been the most important thing I have learned from my trainer in the past month or so, all in timing and when I need certain sugars and such for a insulin spike.

The more structure your MEAL PLAN has, the more you are setup for success. I don't like the word "diet" as people tend to use that term loosely and associate it to a temporary food plan.

Sticking to a set meal plan for me has also made me less of a lazy individual as if I missing one portion of something for a meal of the day I will go out and buy it, each evening before I have my bedtime meal I will also prep my breakfast for the next day. It really is all about prep and how badly you want it. And right now I want it pretty fucking bad. I've lost the appetite for booze and food that will set me back. Honestly I miss basic things like rice and breads that aren't part of my meal plan at this phase of my progress

zipdoa
10-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
zipdoa is totally right about eating what and WHEN, when has been the most important thing I have learned from my trainer in the past month or so, all in timing and when I need certain sugars and such for a insulin spike.

The more structure your MEAL PLAN has, the more you are setup for success. I don't like the word "diet" as people tend to use that term loosely and associate it to a temporary food plan.

Sticking to a set meal plan for me has also made me less of a lazy individual as if I missing one portion of something for a meal of the day I will go out and buy it, each evening before I have my bedtime meal I will also prep my breakfast for the next day. It really is all about prep and how badly you want it. And right now I want it pretty fucking bad. I've lost the appetite for booze and food that will set me back. Honestly I miss basic things like rice and breads that aren't part of my meal plan at this phase of my progress

You know what they say... lose the bread get the shred :bigpimp:

flipstah
10-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Really? Your statement has piqued my interest. Can you share what types of proteins I should eat at what time?

You know what they say... lose the bread get the shred :bigpimp:

God, I miss rice. :drool: :cry:

shadowz
10-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Really? Your statement has piqued my interest. Can you share what types of proteins I should eat at what time?

God, I miss rice. :drool: :cry:

I typically eat leaner sources earlier in the day, then sources with higher fat content later on in the day, such as steak/salmon/porkchop or cottage cheese. But mind you portion size is also key.

As well before hockey games I'll eat chicken rather than steak as it is more difficult for the body to break down the steak in time for the game opposed to chicken

zipdoa
10-04-2012, 03:41 PM

Read it (http://gobodynow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Zyzzs-Bodybuilding-Bible.pdf)

flipstah
10-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

I typically eat leaner sources earlier in the day, then sources with higher fat content later on in the day, such as steak/salmon/porkchop or cottage cheese. But mind you portion size is also key.

As well before hockey games I'll eat chicken rather than steak as it is more difficult for the body to break down the steak in time for the game opposed to chicken

Ah, that's good to know. Now I'm a little bit more educated with my meats.

I just eat meat because I see it as 'protein'; as long as I minimize/eliminate my grain intake for that day or week, I'm pretty content.

Just offset it with more veggies and meat. :drool:

bigbadboss101
10-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I have been following the Paleo plan the past month. It has been good most of the time except for pot luck day and couple other occasions where I cheated. In general I believe it’s good to cut out sugar and wheat. Dairy is arguable but I will continue to try to reduce/eliminate it. What I am not so sure would be rice, grains, legume, seeds etc. That would include chia, hemp, flax, quinoa.

I have noticed I have more energy. The day when I eat wheat or dough I would feel lethargic. Also less joint pain and bloat when I eat well. I do have to plan the meals better and make meals instead of eating out. It’s so hard to eat out and not find things that are loaded with sugar, preservatives, salt, msg, gluten, wheat, fat etc.

Nice thread, good stuff.

flipstah
10-04-2012, 04:13 PM

Read it (http://gobodynow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Zyzzs-Bodybuilding-Bible.pdf)

Good read so far! :thumbsup: Thanks!

rob the knob
10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
zipdoa,
do you freeze your food you prepare on sunday or fridge only? say, do you keep until friday and saturday what you prepare on previous sunday?

Darkane
10-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the props Zip, I try to pass on tried/tested info whenever I can!

Knowledge bomb time (Something I learned from my current coach John Meadows):

Whenever you eat Red meat (or pork for that matter) Make sure it's damned lean! Reason is, in non organic, non grass fed animals store all their toxins in the fat. Bad stuff.

On the other hand if the animal is grass fed AND grass finished beef you can more of the animal fat. In fact, the animal fat completely changes fatty acid profile to include a lot of Omega 3's, CLA, and other good acids.

Chicken breast, turkey etc - You're wasting time buying organic blah blah.

It's also illegal in Alberta and Canada to use Hormones on Chickens, so don't be fooled by paying more for "Hormone free" shit.

Also Buy WILD fish whenever possible. The farm raised fish is crap.

Keep going everyone!

zipdoa
10-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob
zipdoa,
do you freeze your food you prepare on sunday or fridge only? say, do you keep until friday and saturday what you prepare on previous sunday?

I freeze the stir fry and chicken meals, 40 1.2L tupperwares lasts 14days so it wouldn't keep in the fridge. I usually drop 2 in the refridgerator the night before so it takes less time to microwave.

Salmon is canned so I just hit that up with spinach and pasta later in the day.

Also beware that you're not losing nutrients out of your veg when pressure cooking/steaming/frying or whatever. Veggies are sensitive. I make my Quinoa and Rice out of leftover chicken and vegetable stock to help recoup the nutrients and increase flavour.

Originally posted by Darkane
snip

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The sort of information that you wouldn't even think to research, but is actually really important and relevant towards your health.

You get props cause you fucking deserve it. I started consuming BCAA's during workouts when you mentioned it like 3 or 4-years ago, low and behold most of the gymrats are sipping 4L milk jugs full of em nowadays - which is something I wasn't seeing when I first started with them in 09!

Darkane
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM

I

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The sort of information that you wouldn't even think to research, but is actually really important and relevant towards your health.

You get props cause you fucking deserve it. I started consuming BCAA's during workouts when you mentioned it like 3 or 4-years ago, low and behold most of the gymrats are sipping 4L milk jugs full of em nowadays - which is something I wasn't seeing when I first started with them in 09!

BCAA's are excellent during training. Everyone Despite of goals should be consuming them.

The next step seems to be Casein Hydrosylate <sp>. It's the fasted absorbed protein currently available through current technologies.

It's broken down into Di-tripeptides and that makes it partially digested. It's very fast.

Hey Zip, if you wanna see some pretty good results try pulsing 15g BCAA's 30-45 minutes before each meal x3/day.

If budget isn't an issue of course. Bcaa's can get pricey.

Truenutrition.com has the best prices on them

JfuckinC
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
my protein has BCAA's in it but i always add an extra scoop cause you never know how well it's spread out in the protein.. i didn't know about drinking it before meals though? i'll have to try and add that in...

Im back in the full swing of things, 4 gym sessions and 2 ice times already this week haha :D

im with zip though, thanks to everyone on beyond and the RFL thread i love fitness again.

kaput
10-04-2012, 08:21 PM

zipdoa
10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by kaput
What are some good alternatives to broccoli and brussel sprouts? I need half a bottle of beano to eat just a bit of each, and even then it isn't pleasant.

pick anything from this list. the higher the number, the more nutrient dense the vegetable is :

http://cancercompass.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/andi-sample-scores2.jpg

bigbadboss101
10-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Some of the values are surprising. Chard and Collard greens I never had before until recently. Kale and spinach I eat quite a bit. My bearded dragon sometimes eat the same veggies as me.

Now the far right column, what is that about? Potatoes > chicken breast??

flipstah
10-04-2012, 10:21 PM
This thread is full of awesome. Will steal ideas. :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Alright, gonna go grocery shopping with the gf tomorrow and also pick up a bunch of Glad containers. Will keep a plate and a bowl at work and try to eat prepared meals instead of cafe food. Easier to track too on Myfitnesspal.

bigbadboss101
10-06-2012, 09:07 AM

6tbsp hemp seeds
5tbsp chia seeds
2tbsp flax seeds
4 raw eggs
60g whey protein isolate
1tbsp spirulina
1tbsp chlorella
2tbsp raw honey
2cups spinach
2 cups mixed berries
3 bananas
1tbsp udo's oil
1tbsp maca root powder
1tsp tumeric
1tbsp glutamine
30 oxy-e drops
add water

If Booster Juice was to make this drink it would probably cost $29.95. Lot of stuff in there. I don't know if I can afford all that. The spirulina, chlorella, tumeric and maca in there is great too.

kaput
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM

zipdoa
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by kaput
zipdoa are you using tumeric powder or fresh root in your shake? If fresh root, where are you finding it?

Powder, haven't looked for fresh root.

It's probably available in both forms at The Light Cellar in bowness - that place has EVERYTHING.

brucebanner
10-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Alright, gonna go grocery shopping with the gf tomorrow and also pick up a bunch of Glad containers. Will keep a plate and a bowl at work and try to eat prepared meals instead of cafe food. Easier to track too on Myfitnesspal.

Awesome idea. Will definitely help you see more improvements too! And for tupperware, hit up the dollar store. According to the Kai Greene documentary I watched, he says it doesn't matter how much you spend on it, eventually it'll all leak haha. May as well be the cheap stuff.:thumbsup:

zipdoa
10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by bruceod

Awesome idea. Will definitely help you see more improvements too! And for tupperware, hit up the dollar store. According to the Kai Greene documentary I watched, he says it doesn't matter how much you spend on it, eventually it'll all leak haha. May as well be the cheap stuff.:thumbsup:

Be cautious if you're microwaving - don't want plastic leeching into your foods.

flipstah
10-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Be cautious if you're microwaving - don't want plastic leeching into your foods.

Pyrex is where it's at.

zipdoa
10-09-2012, 08:03 AM

Pyrex is where it's at.

Yeah, I was going to go Pyrex, but didn't have $100+ to spend on 50 containers. When I achieve baller status I will.

zipdoa
10-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Reading wiki, found this interesting:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/Biological_clock_human.svg/800px-Biological_clock_human.svg.png

bigbadboss101
10-09-2012, 08:35 AM
$100 for 50 containers? The glass stuff I got from Walmart were like $8 a piece. I got about 6. These would go in freezer and microwave, and oven. For fridge storage I can go plastic probably.

flipstah
10-09-2012, 08:44 AM

Yeah, I was going to go Pyrex, but didn't have $100+ to spend on 50 containers. When I achieve baller status I will.

LOL what? I bought mine at Costco. :nut:

bigbadboss101
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Where do you buy your meat, chicken, fish? I have heard good things about calgary meats, and someone mentioned country land farms.

zipdoa
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Where do you buy your meat, chicken, fish? I have heard good things about calgary meats, and someone mentioned country land farms.

Costco for everything. Once i'm baller status I'll hit up farmers markets, get freerange non-gmo organic fair trade grown in the shade canopy of the rainforest non horomone bullshit. Just too expensive to take that route right now.

LadyLuck
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
The quinoa with the chicken and the greens really isnt that bad, I made some last night (6 quinoa/6 whole wheat pasta) added some broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus and a couple slices of yams to each container.

For my breakfasts I do the steel cut outs with some antioxidant fruit - then wash it down with a shake (banana/berries/1 scoop of protein).

Also, for anyone looking to stock up on containers I got these at Walmart. comes in a 4 pack for $3.54. They are decent IMO if you aren't looking to spend a fortune and come in different shapes and depths.

:thumbsup:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/553456_10151268249571694_1460198193_n.jpg

zipdoa
10-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
snip

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zipdoa
10-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Bump -

Who knows where to get Steel Cut Oats in bulk? Costco in the NW stopped carrying them.

Also, The Light Cellar and Costco are out of Chia Seeds (again, need them in bulk) - anyone have a hookup? Cheers!

lint
10-31-2012, 05:56 PM
you can get chia seeds at winners for cheap

ay fitness
11-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I think that this idea very nicE BECAUSE HE HELPE OTHORS FOR DOMAINE DE WEIGHT LOSS AND FITNESS TO LOSE SOME POUNDS AND GET BODY VERY NICE

Disoblige
07-25-2013, 01:23 PM

Also, The Light Cellar and Costco are out of Chia Seeds (again, need them in bulk) - anyone have a hookup? Cheers!
Is Costco still the go to place for cheap Chia seeds?
I want to incorporate this into my diet but I just want to buy this in bulk and not need to replenish often.

zipdoa
07-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Is Costco still the go to place for cheap Chia seeds?
I want to incorporate this into my diet but I just want to buy this in bulk and not need to replenish often.

Apparently Chia seeds were low on crop out this year. $17/900g @ Costco. Pretty much double the price I was paying last year. That's still the cheapest I could find them.

403ep3
07-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Bump -

Who knows where to get Steel Cut Oats in bulk? Costco in the NW stopped carrying them.

I saw steel cut oats at beacon hill costco yesterday

edit: just saw your post was from 2012 :banghead:

zipdoa
07-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

I saw steel cut oats at beacon hill costco yesterday

edit: just saw your post was from 2012 :banghead:

Haha yeah, bought a dozen boxes when I saw them back in stock!