PDA

View Full Version : Review: Josh Bernhard, Cam Clark Ford (Recent Focus Purchase)

Cos
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM

EM1FTW
10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Its always nice reading positive reviews on here compared to what is usually in a review thread haha
:thumbsup:

btimbit
10-05-2012, 12:18 AM
So nice to hear a positive review about a car salesman.

The last time I gave my number to a salesman he was calling me once a week for a month. That's not too bad, except 4 MONTHS LATER I started getting calls from another guy saying the salesman I gave my number too was no longer with the company. This new guy proceeded to call me 4 times a week for a month and a half.

If I want a Ford, I know where I'll be going!

Alak
10-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I had my truck fixed there and it was a no BS best price in alberta.

I'll have to pay this guy a visit when I pay off my truck next spring. I've been considering adding a GT500 to my collection once the truck is paid off. :clap:

black300
10-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Indeed, Josh is a great guy. I purchased my 2012 F150 about a month ago from him, very honest and doesn't bug you like most sales guys.

He found me the options and colors I wanted and we narrowed it down from there. Got him to throw in some stuff and knock down the price. Calls me a week later after pickup to see how things are going with the vehicle.

Shlade
10-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Josh Is awesome glad you had a good experience man. When I bought my bullitt threw him he was actually working up at Cross iron mills, and decided to leave the dealership there to come back with me late at night (around 930) to show me the bullitt, and even take a test drive with me while the dealership was closed.

Needless to say I bought the car then and everything was awesome. Ill be buying another car from him in the future no questions asked.

codetrap
08-27-2013, 10:32 AM
So, as a few of you know I just bought a truck from Josh Bernhard, Cam Clark out of Olds, and I just wanted to comment on my experience.

I started out this process using CarCostCanada, to get an idea of what I should expect for pricing, and of course I got the automated response from the website, then the inevitable calls from whatever dealership they're tied to. Then on a whim, I went up to Cam Clark in Airdrie to actually see the trucks, and go for a test drive. I dealt with a lady there and she was ok, and she got me a price on what I was sort of looking for, but was pretty expensive and higher than I wanted it to be. Then I remember Josh, and was talking with Cos who told me he was in Olds now. So I contacted Josh via email, and he after a few emails we narrowed it down to a truck he had on the lot. Great! Josh sent me a price, and specifically said that nobody would be able to touch it in th email.

At this point, I found out one of my neighbors down the way also sold Fold trucks at Universal, so I figured I'd give him a go as well. Basically to make sure that I'm getting the best deal, and so I had a counterpoint to compare against. So, the wife and I head down there on my day off and talk with them for awhile, and they can't come close. They're easily a couple thousand more expensive for exactly the price of truck. So I point out they're still to high, and then the song and dance starts. After about 40 minutes of the back and forth crap, I finally decide enough is enough, and the wife and I walk and go get lunch. While this is going on, I called Josh to confirm he still had the truck in stock, and his price and fee's.

So, Universal just let's us walk, and I'm fine with that. The wife and I talk it over, and decide that we're going to go with Josh in Olds, sight unseen. After lunch, Universal calls me back and says that they can do this deal but it's getting waaay to complicated and they're shuffling stuff around and in the end I'm still paying 2G's more for the same truck, but somehow I'm not supposed to notice that.. (rolls eyes).

Meanwhile, keep in mind, my entire interaction with Josh has been about 25 minutes and a few emails. So, to say it's been easy to deal with him has been an understatement. It was too easy. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.

On the way home, I call Josh and tell him that I'm ready to put down a deposit, but I have to complete the sale of my Outlander first. He puts me in touch with his finance guy, and we put down a deposit, and he sends me the offer to purchase. There's no surprises on it at all. No extra fee's, or taxes, or anything added on to the end. I'm still suspicious, but ok, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. A couple of days pass, and the Outlander is sold, and we arrange to go to Olds to pick it up. We get there, and the truck is ready to go. They had the bedliner sprayed in, at a phenomenal price too, beating everyone in Calgary hands down. We went through the "here's your new truck and how to operate it" with the salesman that was assigned to us, and then signed all the paperwork with Robin, the Finance guy. It was that easy. We were in and out of there in about an hour. There were no surprises. The entire transaction was WAY too easy. I still honestly have troubles believing it was that simple. There was NO stress, no battle, nothing. Josh gave me his best price right out of the gate, and it was the best price. He was right, nobody could touch it.

So, the long and the short of this is that I'm more than happy to recommend anyone that's looking for a Ford contact Josh Bernhard of Cam Clark Olds. He's the rarest of the rare, an honest car salesman. :D

If you want to get in touch with him, his email is [email protected]. Tell him that Jim sent you. :)

btimbit
08-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Two reviews on a salesman that are that positive, wow. I know where I'm going if I decide to get a newer Truck

Dalking
08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
This thread makes me want to go buy a new fusion!

corsvette
08-27-2013, 11:21 PM
I really wish more dealerships would understand how consumers like the no B.S sales process. Salesmen have to play the runround smoke and mirrors crap mostly because the managers play it that way. Give me the best price with no added crap- simple and easy/

There are ~ 10 Ford dealers in the Calgary and surrounding area, the competition is stiff and consumers are well informed. Dealerships have to realize this is not 1983 anymore.

Shlade
08-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Glad Josh did you well man.

He's a straight up honest guy and comes highly recommended in my books

Stealth22
08-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Dalking
This thread makes me want to go buy a new fusion!
No kidding. I had the pleasure (yes, I just said that) of driving a 2013 Fusion as a rental in Toronto a few months ago. I couldn't believe it, but I loved that car.

If my car wasn't only 2 years old, then I would be STRONGLY considering buying a Fusion right now. And based on what I've just read, Josh Bernhard would probably be my first call.

bigboom
08-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Wow that seems to good to be true. Went looking at a new family vehicle at Renfrew this weekend and had a salesman try to tell me wife on a phone call Monday morning that I said to go ahead with a vehicle and to schedule an appointment to go back in.

That's the sleaziest sell job I've ever seen. Might have to give Josh a call and take a look at the Flex.

lilmira
08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
yfI3vB3InHs

Cos
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM

GoChris
11-17-2013, 01:24 PM
^^ LOL that made laugh. That's awesome and hilarious. Good for you though on the new truck.

btimbit
11-17-2013, 04:51 PM
:rofl: Well congrats on the truck, what'd you get?

Cos
11-17-2013, 05:27 PM

btimbit
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Jealous, great purchase

Cos
11-17-2013, 05:38 PM

btimbit
11-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Thanks! Dont go see josh, you'll end up with one too if you have even the slightest idea that you want a new truck. Just so hard to beat his prices and sales experience.

Yeah I couldn't take the pressure. If I decide to get one I'll definitely go to him. Probably going to go the GM route this time around though.

What truck did you have before? Let us know what you think of the ecoboost, I know there's been a few users here with them now, but I like reading user reviews on it. What made you go Lariat vs FX4?

Cos
11-17-2013, 06:39 PM

TomcoPDR
08-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Is Josh Bernhard on here? Or can any of you past customers of his be kind enough to PM me his direct number? Please

Cos
09-23-2014, 05:11 PM