PDA

View Full Version : Mucho Burrito Special 'Ghost Pepper' Burrito

Benny
10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
So they've got this special burrito going on for the month at Mucho Burrito. It's made with the Bhut Jolokia - aka Ghost Pepper. Now for the unaware, the ghost pepper is a fiery maw'fucka. Apparently it's 3 times hotter than the habanero, and 125 times hotter than the jalapeño. They give you ghost pepper bacon, ghost pepper fig marmalade, and top er with pure ghost pepper sauce in the 'Hotter Than Hell'. Or you can get the toned down 'Wimpy' one, if you're a p...p...p...pussy.

So clearly, I had to get the the spicy one and take a crack at it.

http://i.imgur.com/qStj5l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zVjzs.jpg

So presentation wise, it uh... looks like a burrito. I should have taken a picture before I cut it open and ate it like a salad.

http://i.imgur.com/uhqvol.jpg

The verdict? Fiery as all fuck. I ate all the inside then polished off the tortilla. It's that sauce. I finished the whole thing off after about 45 minutes and maybe 4 glasses of water. But yeah, she brings it.

Anyone else given this burrito a try?

dj_patm
10-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I got this yesterday and they must have screwed something up because the regular hot wings I had later in the day were hotter.

It had that ghost pepper flavor, but it was definitely not that spicy. I ate it no problem, like a regular burrito. The Ghost Pepper wings at Studio 82 on the other hand (NOT the same ones I had later that day that I mentioned earlier) murdered my mouth and made me tear up.

I was livid as I walked all the way from Centennial Place to Suncor to try one.

Benny
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Bummer. The heat is sort of the whole draw with it. I got mine from Crowfoot and she was pretty spicy. I'm fairly good with hot foods and I found it to be a killer. It drives me nuts when places advertise a dish as 'hot' and it's mild, so I was pleased. I've had hotter foods before, but the burrito was definitely up there. Maybe they gave you a dud :dunno:

theken
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Had o e in red deer today. Was pretty hot.

Vagabond142
10-06-2012, 01:22 AM
I had one tonight just to see what the fuss was all about.

Now, I am known to my roomies as being pretty into the spicy stuff. This is the Mucho at South Pointe, and I had the "hotter than hell" works version. As the OP stated, that is one damned fiery maw'fucka.

It's a good heat, though, if you're into spicy. It's a real nut-grabbing, slap-your-sister-and-call-her-sally, heart piercing heat. A really big up front rush of "OH FUCK!" followed by a "damned that tastes good!" I had a great flop sweat going by the end, had to dab it off the forehead with a napkin, and I don't think my sinuses have ever been clearer.

What impressed most was that despite the napalm-bombing of my taste buds, the mellow flavor of the rice, the sweet of the peppers and the meatiness of the, well... meat, all shone through. There is also great ghost pepper flavor that doesn't overpower, but I honestly would to have liked to have a little more of.

Overall... 8.5/10 and a recommended try, if you think your asshole can handle the aftermath (glorious throne visits to the ring of fire are kind of expected with Ghost Naga peppers, by the way, so don't go into this one blind)

PS: Also, about 30 minutes after consumption, I finally wimped out and had a glass of milk. I can now taste things... a little... :thumbsup:

01RedDX
10-06-2012, 06:30 PM

Zero102
10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
At my work our whole team went over and ordered these about a week ago because apparently we are all retarded. I like spicy food but generally don't handle it well. Unfortuntely, since I was with my workmates I decided to show off a bit and when they asked if I wanted the ghost pepper sauce on there I told her to give me lots, and she did, about 2-3x what she gave the other guys. I am a fucking retard :banghead:

It took me about 40 minutes to get through this thing and about 4 cans of pop / iced tea / whatever.

Overall I am really impressed. They advertise it as hotter than hell, and in my opinion it is, but as mentioned above, the best part is that even among the eye-tearing blinding fury it still tastes good, I am really impressed and I wish it was a regular menu item :hitit:

I learned a couple things from this though, if you eat it like a regular burrito all the sauce will settle to the bottom, giving you a false sense of security until you get down to the final inch of burrito that is now super saturated with the sauce. Also, if you don't like figs, don't get the fucking fig marmalade. About halfway through I couldn't take any more of the overpowering fig flavour and I had to dig all that shit out before I could finish eating the burrito.

dj_patm
10-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Aw man, I must have gotten screwed.

NoMoreG35
10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I bought one with extra jalapeno and hot sauce... Ate half and stomach was hurting for 6 hours. Ate another 1/4 the next day and threw the rest away... Way too spicy. As much as I love spicy food, this was the first time that I couldn't finish some food because it was too spicy :banghead:

KRyn
10-10-2012, 09:57 AM
I watched a buddy eat one of these with extra sauce, it was entertaining. The look on his face as he got a bite soaked in the sauce was priceless! :D
I don't mind some spice... but I had a small bite of this and would have died trying to eat an entire one.

Originally posted by dj_patm
Aw man, I must have gotten screwed.

Why does your butt hurt?

dj_patm
10-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
Why does your butt hurt?

No, thats the problem.
I got the "hotter than hell" and it wasn't spicy at all.

BigDL
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
probably the person who made yours didn't put any hot sauce on top :(

Benny
10-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm

No, thats the problem.
I got the "hotter than hell" and it wasn't spicy at all.

Yeah they must have fucked it up. Give it another shot.

I suckered my buddy into trying one when he had to go climbing the next morning. He only managed to finish half. He sent me a text at 630am saying, "I had horrible horrible dreams about having to shit, and now I'm on the toilet with a burning ass hole. And that was only half."

:rofl: Love the stories from dudes who tried to go all manly and ask for extra on it.

R-Audi
10-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I took the easy route and got the wimpy chicken.. and it was still pretty hot and I had a bit of sweat on my forehead. (Didnt want to spend my afternoon on the can at work)
I was surprised that the sauce actually tasted quite good besides the obvious heat it brought. Unfortunately the lady serving at Suncor didnt really explain the whole setup so I didnt really know why she was offering me bacon.. just got the sauce, jalapeno's and salsa.

dj_patm
10-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I took the easy route and got the wimpy chicken.. and it was still pretty hot and I had a bit of sweat on my forehead. (Didnt want to spend my afternoon on the can at work)
I was surprised that the sauce actually tasted quite good besides the obvious heat it brought. Unfortunately the lady serving at Suncor didnt really explain the whole setup so I didnt really know why she was offering me bacon.. just got the sauce, jalapeno's and salsa.

The Bacon is infused with ghost pepper.

That was basically the only thing that was spicy in mine. Also got it at Suncor.

aaronzaski
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
can't stand their commercials with the "taco tuesday" theme :thumbsdow vincente is annoying.

bulaian
10-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by aaronzaski
can't stand their commercials with the "taco tuesday" theme :thumbsdow vincente is annoying.

That's taco time, not Mucho Burrito

NoMoreG35
10-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bulaian

That's taco time, not Mucho Burrito

:rofl:

aaronzaski
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
sorry i am not taco and mexican food connoisseur like yourselves.

2Legit2Quit
10-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Just had a hotter than hell burrito, not bad. I like spicy foods and this was tasty. Good flavor, the black ghost pepper sauce has a sweet taste to go with it, it accumulated a bunch at the bottom of the burrito so that was the hottest part.

Overall not bad, but not near as hot has habanero wings and ghost chili wings I've had in the past. Finished it at a normal pace.

DGill
10-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I tried it yesterday, that thing is way to spicy

bituerbo
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I conquered one of these for lunch today (suncor foodcourt). Right now I've got some good forehead/neck sweat, and I'm feeling a bit lightheaded. Next time I'd do the mild so I could enjoy it more.

Things I'm not looking forward to: my next shit

carson blocks
10-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I had the wimpy one for lunch today (suncor as well). Not really very hot at all, but I think it's got great flavour. Next time I'll ask for the wimpy again, but with just a little bit of the hot sauce.

FixedGear
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
have to say that it sounds awesome, except for the FIG MARMALADE!?!?!?!? are you kidding me??? who makes this shit up, that is wrong for so many reasons.

carson blocks
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm trying to gauge how spicy the "hotter than hell" one is before wasting something I can't eat. If anyone has tried both of them, how much hotter is it than say, the "Dan Dan" from Wok Box?

rookie101
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Had the hotter than hell burrito for lunch today and I have to say it was the hottest thing I've ever had from a fast food place.

Over all it really is quite tasty though, which is a bit surprising considering how hot it is. The flavor comes through nicely. If you like spicy food you likely wont have a problem with it, but be warned it will make you sweat. If you're not real big on hot food I wouldn't even consider it.

I don't think I would bother getting another one, but it's certainly a must try if you like heat.

Swank
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I got a wimpy and a hotter than hell cuz I used one of their coupons. When I got to my office I decided to dive right in and go for the HTH, oh it burned but it was just right for me. Bit of sweat and a good nose blow right after, colon cleanse and cauterize to follow. Mighty tasty, I've only eaten there once before and it was so bland despite me loading my burrito with toppings and sauce. I'm taking the wimpy one home for supper but now I'm afraid to hop on the train in case the radioactive lava shits come pounding on my sphincter demanding to vacate the premises immediately :eek:

know1edge
10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Swank
I got a wimpy and a hotter than hell cuz I used one of their coupons. When I got to my office I decided to dive right in and go for the HTH, oh it burned but it was just right for me. Bit of sweat and a good nose blow right after, colon cleanse and cauterize to follow. Mighty tasty, I've only eaten there once before and it was so bland despite me loading my burrito with toppings and sauce. I'm taking the wimpy one home for supper but now I'm afraid to hop on the train in case the radioactive lava shits come pounding on my sphincter demanding to vacate the premises immediately :eek:

Mine didn't come till the morning after so you should be good :)

Vagabond142
10-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by carson blocks
I'm trying to gauge how spicy the "hotter than hell" one is before wasting something I can't eat. If anyone has tried both of them, how much hotter is it than say, the "Dan Dan" from Wok Box?

I've only had the HTH, and I can say as a guy that likes good heat, it was fiery but tasty. I would go for the HTH if you are the kind of guy that likes hot sauce on your pasta, jalapenos on your tacos, etc etc. Go wimpy if you want to "try before you buy" per se... you get all the flavor but a hell of a lot less heat in the wimpy (it is still spicy, but not "ERMAHGERD MAH ANUS IS BLEEDING!" spicy like the HTH is :D)

403Gemini
10-12-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll pass on this one, which is sad cause I love spicey food .... but my stomach sure doesn't. If I had this, sounds like my day would be a write off and I'd be glued to the can.... Johnny Cash style...

dirtsniffer
10-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Agree with pretty much everything, it was tasty and had some heat, I started getting pretty red and sweaty by the end of it. This morning the deuce was a bastard to fire off.

would I do it again? probably not.

EG6boi
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I tried the 'hotter than hell' yesterday and the first couple of bites was pretty spicy but it was okay after. Good stuff though but I'm anticipating the fiery shit I'm going to endure.

bituerbo
10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Hotter-than-hell is definitely 'hot' for fast food. Kind of like eating a dozen 'hot' wings from your average restaurant.

If you're worried, ask for a side of sour cream, so you can mix it in to neutralize the spicy. After I finished I downed a 500ml of milk to mitigate the fire-demon that's still hiding in my colon.

zipdoa
10-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Hotter-than-hell is definitely 'hot' for fast food. Kind of like eating a dozen 'hot' wings from your average restaurant.

If you're worried, ask for a side of sour cream, so you can mix it in to neutralize the spicy. After I finished I downed a 500ml of milk to mitigate the fire-demon that's still hiding in my colon.

this sounds like a recipe for sour gas

bleu
10-12-2012, 10:26 PM
My bf and his friend have a wager going. His friend could only eat three bites, so my bf has to out do him. I don't care much for spicy food so I'll just go for the laughs. :)

max_boost
10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
You guys are locos man. I can't eat spicy stuff at all. Maybe a drop or two of hot sauce an that's it. My gf pours hot sauce over her food and I look at her like she's cray.

Mibz
10-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Just had the HtH and it was one of the best burritos I've ever had. Definitely the best fast food burrito. It's exactly like others have mentioned. Hot, but delicious. Great flavour. A little bit of forehead sweat and a lot of mouth breathing, haha. Would definitely eat again.

Will update with poop status.

bleu
10-15-2012, 07:11 PM
My Bf had one for dinner tonight. He is glad he got a large milk. I had a small nibble and it was disgustingly hot. It still feels like the upper layer of my tongue has been burned off as well as the enamel from my teeth. I have never experienced anything like that.

He didn't end up finishing it. A guy behind us asked if his could be made even hotter! LOL

Mibz
10-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Had another one last night, with two lines of sauce and jalapenos. My first one was one line and no jalapenos. This one was too hot, I couldn't finish it. The jalapenos didn't really add any heat, but they made it more difficult to eat.

The deeply concerning thing is that I didn't poop after either of them. Deeply concerning.

aaronck
10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
wrong forum...

urrforce
10-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Went to try this yesterday after school because of this thread.

I thought I was good with being able to handle heat in food. As long as it still tastes great which this one did I'm usually ok. But nope I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. It was like a different sort of heat than I usually enjoy lol. Too bad though cause it was so delicious.

Mibz
10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

GS430
10-16-2012, 10:22 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1474222_o.gif

EK 2.0
10-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Mibz

IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

Just remember to breathe through the pain...like lamaze...:D

Mibz
10-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm exhausted. I could seriously benefit from a nap right now.

JRSC00LUDE
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
You guys are locos man. I can't eat spicy stuff at all. Maybe a drop or two of hot sauce an that's it.

This is messing with the part of my brain that assumes you are Asian. I don't know an Asian person that doesn't eat hot! I used to live in sweaty pain when at my ex in-laws place for meals until ma felt so bad she started making separate dishes! :nut:

Pacman
10-16-2012, 02:13 PM
If you think it's hot going in, wait until it comes out the other end.

All of you will be wishing that a gay snowman breaks into your house and has his way with you.

BigDL
10-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I am sad, the guy must have grabbed the wrong bottle of hot sauce this time as its not as hot as the first time I got it :( and I bought a second one for lunch tomorrow too.

Might have to go back and get them to put the right one on!

carson blocks
10-17-2012, 02:20 PM
I manned up and tried the "hotter than hell" one. It wasn't inedibly hot like some folks make it out to be, but hot enough I felt like a boss for finishing it. The wimpy one tastes better IMO.

Originally posted by Pacman
If you think it's hot going in, wait until it comes out the other end.

All of you will be wishing that a gay snowman breaks into your house and has his way with you.

I won't lie, I'm a little bit concerned about the burrito's exit strategy.

hurrdurr
10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I got a carnitas burrito and got her to put the ghost pepper hot sauce in it. Fuck was it ever hot. But delicious

elite
10-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Just had one of these today and it was damn good. I had the hotter than hell with extra ghost pepper sauce and it was spicy but not burning your mouth spicy more of a making you sweat spicy. I asked the worker if I could purchase a bottle of the ghost pepper sauce and he said he couldn't sell it. Anyone know where I can get a similar sauce?

EG6boi
10-17-2012, 11:52 PM
I manned up and tried the "hotter than hell" one. It wasn't inedibly hot like some folks make it out to be, but hot enough I felt like a boss for finishing it. The wimpy one tastes better IMO.

Definitely bad news when I had to take one lol.

Swank
10-18-2012, 01:51 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed back at Hudsons for this reason. Suits me fine, I was only there to desecrate the shitter and melt it to the ground. GL though!

taemo
10-31-2012, 08:09 AM
so finally go to try the Hotter than Hell yesterday and thought it was ok.
It was definitely spicy but bearable, basically after 30-40min of finishing the burrito, the heat in the mouth is gone.

Now that I've experienced it, will just go with the wimpy from now on to enjoy the taste more

austic
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
It all depends on how much they put in, I tried it 3 times. The first couple of times it wasn’t too bad but last weekend when I went to the one in Aspen I ordered it and the guy started chuckling to himself. I thought nothing of it thinking he doesn’t realize this isn’t my first rodeo buekeroo and I will show you.....
Well I watched the guy empty a quarter of a bottle of the sauce on my once delicious burrito....It was literally dripping in hot sauce.
In this third round battle with the ghost pepper I only got through half...After the first few bites I couldn’t even taste anything and my mouth started feeling numb.
My stomach was wrecked the entire night and the next three movements felt like I was getting raped by Satan....

Vagabond142
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by taemo
so finally go to try the Hotter than Hell yesterday and thought it was ok.
It was definitely spicy but bearable, basically after 30-40min of finishing the burrito, the heat in the mouth is gone.

Now that I've experienced it, will just go with the wimpy from now on to enjoy the taste more

After tonight, the ghost pepper burrito goes the way of the dodo :\ Limited time offer. I'm probably going to get two (one wimpy, one hotter than hell) and double up tonight :D

carson blocks
10-31-2012, 01:52 PM
I wanted a wimpy for lunch today, but got another "hotter than hell" with lots of hot sauce due to a communication issue. A chocolate milk for a beverage takes it from "my mouth is bleeding" to "hot enough".

Disoblige
11-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

After tonight, the ghost pepper burrito goes the way of the dodo :\ Limited time offer. I'm probably going to get two (one wimpy, one hotter than hell) and double up tonight :D
Are you sure? Thought DotD is November 1st?

Edit: Available until November 2nd (Friday).

superflychief
11-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Tried the Hotter then Hell yesterday. The fig jam is awesome. And it wasn't unbearable while eating. When I finished, the burn was getting worse and milk didn't help. It was about 20-30 min. before my mouth went back to normal. But the night wasn't awesome. My stomach did not like being abused in that manner and it decided to abuse me in a worse manner. Definitely would go with the wimpy next time to enjoy the flavor more.

Disoblige
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
The fig jam is the best part of this burrito. Without the sweetness, it's just a spicy burrito.

I'm half way through a "hotter than hell". I'm sweating LOL, but like some have mentioned, it's not unbearable.

Overall, pretty good!

almerick
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I got the wimpy yesterday and it was pretty good as well. Although I cannot handle spicy at all, this one was a bit spicy for me as well :(

carson blocks
11-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I'm half way through a "hotter than hell".

I wasn't sure if they'd be available today, thanks for the heads-up. I know what I'm having again for lunch.

:drool:

CapnCrunch
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I had one last weekend and I ate it and my nacho chips with salsa before I even touched my water. Lol, something is wrong with me.

My wife said it was hot though.

sdevils15
11-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Just had the wimpy burrito and it tasted fantastic. I got a side of the other sauce and it was pretty hot and i would not want that on there. It doesnt taste good and it would just ruin your meal.

I grabbed my lunch at the Suncor location and the guy said that they have extended the promotion another month. Not sure if that is just his location or every location.

2Legit2Quit
11-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I had one for lunch today as well, eaten an entire one before but this one was just beyond saucy, couldn't eat more than half it was so bad. Didn't mind the heat but the fig/sweet taste just rubbed me the wrong way this time.

bourge73
11-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Finally tired one and it was pretty damn hot but finished it all..., the next day wasnt fun though haha. Pretty much like the above posters I thought it tasted great and was spicy but not mind melting like I was expecting. My wife had the wimpy one and couldnt eat past a 1/4 of it as it was too spicy for her. Canada 1 Philipines 0. Paging Flipstah to try to even the score :poosie:

StreetRacerX
11-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Dammit, time is running out, I want one of these things.

EDIT:

Drove to the Crowfoot location just off of Nose Hill, grabbed 2 SoBe green tea and a small carton of 2% milk, then proceeded to order the Ghost pepper burrito, hotter than hell. The first couple bites weren't all that bad and were probably the tastiest, but the accumulation of spice and heat quickly added up and I was finding I was having to drink a bit of tea after every bite, it didn't take long after that and it became somewhat difficult to chew properly. When all was done ans said I had ate most of it but was too full, managed to polish off only one green tea and when I admitted defeat tossed the milk down on top of it. Its a shame this ends today, I was curious to know what wimpy tasted like.

Disoblige
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Has anyone conquered this @ Mavericks? :P
http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/614/ffeid.jpg

Benny
11-08-2012, 02:35 AM

Sounds rough. I ate a single freshly picked ghost pepper a while back and it was one of the most fucking horrible things I've ever done. The burrito was somewhat dulled down compared to just cranking the pepper itself. So to hear they went and tossed 4 of the bastards on top of the burger... It's daunting...

Manhattan
11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Tried the wimpy for lunch today and regret being a pussy and not getting the real thing. Could hardly taste the spiciness at all although the sweet fig sauce tasted pretty good. Finished it without any water and didn't break a sweat.

Makes me wanna try the hotter than hell version to see what the fuss is all about. :dunno:

flipstah
11-08-2012, 03:59 PM
I got a salad version of this and FML.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS? :cry:

flipstah
11-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Results:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7NftkoCQAAIGU4.jpg

I tapped out and got milk.

The fig sauce keeps you a sense of safety then the Ghost Pepper says, "step aside" and jusst pisses all over your tastebuds.

It hurts to burp, I taste nothing right now, and I'm tempted to lick the snow off of the window.

Mibz
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Tried the wimpy for lunch today and regret being a pussy and not getting the real thing. Could hardly taste the spiciness at all although the sweet fig sauce tasted pretty good. Finished it without any water and didn't break a sweat.

Makes me wanna try the hotter than hell version to see what the fuss is all about. :dunno: Wait, I thought these went away at the end of October? Are they sticking around? You just made my day!

flipstah
11-08-2012, 06:26 PM
It's outlining my digestive system.

It's getting close to the large intestine. :cry:

Disoblige
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
flip stop being a pussy :P
it's worse enough you ate a salad.

:D

flipstah
11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
flip stop being a pussy :P
it's worse enough you ate a salad.

:D

LOL when I said 'salad', I got such a puzzled look when I asked for the ghost pepper sauce. She added the fig sauce (which was good) and then slathered the hot sauce like it was fuckin' dressing.

All with a smile on her face.

I think I made her day when I tapped out and asked for milk.

"Don't cry now." :angel:

dj_patm
11-09-2012, 01:23 PM

I'd give it a shot if I could get it with just one patty.

I'm a slow eater. I doubt I could finish a burger with two real patties (aka not fast food patties) in any time frame regardless of heat.

Manhattan
11-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Finally tried it over the weekend. Pretty damn hot but tasty at the same time. Definitely the hottest thing I've had at a fast food place. The woman at the counter warned me before making it for me. Washed it all down with a bottle of ice cold water. It's something I'd have every few weeks if they kept the promotion going.

JordanEG6
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Had the "Hotter than Hell" twice, one with steak and the other with pork. It's not too bad when you eat it. I love spicy food though. The fig sauce was excellent and provided a nice balance between sweet and heat. Drilled it in less than 15 minutes.

The aftermath sucks though. It gave me the worst stomach aches and the long, burning shits. :rofl:

Atriux
11-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Is the promotion ongoing then? I recall it was supposed to end a few weeks ago. If so I'll have to try one before it's gone.

Benny
11-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Atriux
Is the promotion ongoing then? I recall it was supposed to end a few weeks ago. If so I'll have to try one before it's gone.

Yeah it's still going. Against my better judgement, I grabbed one a couple hours ago. RIP Butthole.

StreetRacerX
11-13-2012, 11:07 PM
The exit was nowhere near as bad as entry for me, would definitely eat again.

Kloubek
11-13-2012, 11:34 PM
I got the wimpy version last weekend, and I found it really quite hot. I could handle it, buy my forehead was pretty wet and that's kinda embarassing in public.

Now, I think it is *possible* I actually had the hotter than hell version. When they first made it, that's what they made for me by accident and told me they would make a new "wimpy" version for me. But they brought it to my table in a very short timeframe so I'm wondering if they just re-wrapped the hotter than hell they originally gave me.

While a little hotter than I would prefer, I really liked the taste of it though. Add bacon, flavoured rice and special sauce at no charge? Yes please.

Maybelater
11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I think I'll get one of these in the next few days. I'll report back.

know1edge
11-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I got the wimpy version last weekend, and I found it really quite hot. I could handle it, buy my forehead was pretty wet and that's kinda embarassing in public.

Now, I think it is *possible* I actually had the hotter than hell version. When they first made it, that's what they made for me by accident and told me they would make a new "wimpy" version for me. But they brought it to my table in a very short timeframe so I'm wondering if they just re-wrapped the hotter than hell they originally gave me.

While a little hotter than I would prefer, I really liked the taste of it though. Add bacon, flavoured rice and special sauce at no charge? Yes please.

Well I just had my 2nd one. I asked for hotter than hell, but with less sauze. The guy kept calling it a wimpy though, and the amount of sauze looked the same. Srsly tastes just as hot

Maybelater
11-16-2012, 12:24 AM
I decided to get one because of this thread.

It was pretty damn hot, I only bought a pop and didn't want to go back and get water so I just ate most of it without a drink to down it with. I ate it at a pretty decent pace. The girl I went with thought I was going to cry any second.

And yes, I am scared to go to the washroom.

lilmira
11-19-2012, 09:47 PM
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/arif-ali-cook-rushed-hospital-eating-extremely-spicy-175129039.html

Second thought, I still don't want to try it.

Zero102
09-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Looks like this is back?
http://www.muchoburrito.com/Mucho_Fans/?p=269

Does anybody know if the location in the petrocan building is serving them yet? I was thinking it's time for an office challenge :D

dirtysamwich
09-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Tried this last week... I was disappointed. It tasted more sweet than hot, not very spicy at all.

carson blocks
09-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Looks like this is back?

Does anybody know if the location in the petrocan building is serving them yet? I was thinking it's time for an office challenge :D

Awesome news, these are my favourite. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by dirtysamwich
Tried this last week... I was disappointed. It tasted more sweet than hot, not very spicy at all.

It sounds like you got a 'Wimpy' instead of a 'Hotter than hell'. While people have different tolerances for heat, I can't imagine anyone eating a properly made 'hotter than hell' ghost pepper burrito and calling it "not very spicy at all". You can always ask for extra ghost pepper sauce if you want.

dirtysamwich
09-20-2013, 12:16 PM
It sounds like you got a 'Wimpy' instead of a 'Hotter than hell'. While people have different tolerances for heat, I can't imagine anyone eating a properly made 'hotter than hell' ghost pepper burrito and calling it "not very spicy at all". You can always ask for extra ghost pepper sauce if you want.

I specifically asked for 'Hotter Than Hell', which is why I was disappointed. I was thinking the same thing, will most likely try it again at another location sometime.

Zero102
09-20-2013, 12:21 PM
If you get a hotter than hell sometimes they forget halfway through and don't put the ghost pepper sauce on. I just picked one up from the petrocan location and they tried to leave it off mine, I had to ask them specifically for it at the end.

Powering through one of these bad boys right now, I forgot just how hot they are :devil:

Benny
09-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Nice. Will have to have a go at one tomorrow sometime.

dirtsniffer
09-20-2013, 11:40 PM
getting the wimpy one this time... big whup

rc2002
09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
Looks like this is back?

Doesn't look like anyone directly answered your question. Yes the petrocan location is serving them.

EDIT: never mind - looks like you found your answer - your next post says you were enjoying one.

zipdoa
09-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't know how you guys can eat burritos that spicy. I had the ghost pepper sauce and I had a severe case of BAS (Burning Asshole Syndrome). Not only that, the hot sauce reacts with my digestive system to produce a flatulence so foul it clears entire classrooms.

OU812
09-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Really disappointed in the menu changes at MB. Will not be retuning which is too bad. It was one of may faves.

:banghead:

know1edge
09-21-2013, 10:56 AM
What changes?

FixedGear
09-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by know1edge
What changes?

yea, what did they do to the menu?