PDA

View Full Version : Project Car

Chrisw
02-10-2004, 11:27 PM
ok I want to pick up a project/track car this summer and am trying to figure out what I should be looking for...........I was thinking either an E30 BMW or an MKII Jetta/GTI........any other rides to suggest..?....civics and stuff are not an option.....

angierideswitme
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Turbo dodge, i know there ugly but these things really perform, mods can be done for cheap and they are quite reliable. plus there are millions of parts out there, and alot of parts are interchangable between cars

try a turbo OMNI (GLHS) or even a colt.

if you want something that has been done alot more and are proven performers try getting a mustang or a DSM these things can be made into awesome track stars

maximus
02-11-2004, 12:29 AM
E30's are cool!! I've always loved the 325.

If you go with MKII VW, probably go for GTi rather than jetta. If you want to turbo or do anything engine wise stay away from late model (91-92) 8v as their Digifant system needs to be scrapped. Unfortunately these are the best looking ones with the big bumpers. If turbos your thing go early 8v with CIS or 16V.

ramminghard
02-11-2004, 12:49 AM
older RX7 maybe. i am sort of looking for something like this but can't really decide.

DUBBED
02-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Fawking MKII GOLF man. :thumbsup:

T5_X
02-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Give more info on what your preferences are, how much money you have, what kind of racing you'll be doing etc.

habsfan
02-11-2004, 05:53 PM
ya, if you plan on drag racing, buy a domestic such as a camaro or mustang. if you're track racing, maybe an rx-7(and hope the rotary doesnt break), a 240sx, or anythign with an equally impressive suspension. it doesnt matter how much powe you have, a car with a good driver and sorted handling will beat far more powerful cars 9 times out of 10. case in point, Hotchkis prepped celica spankin porsches on a race track.