PDA

View Full Version : NFL/NBA trip

Cos
10-09-2012, 08:22 AM

beecue
10-09-2012, 08:29 AM
The Bay Area? 49ers/Raiders and Warriors.

Cos
10-09-2012, 08:32 AM

colinxx235
10-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Dallas you can mavericks, cowboys + golf

Houston texans, rockets + golf

Miami lets for dolphins heat + tons of other stuff (hence the get in shit? haha)

skandalouz_08
10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Philadelphia/Pittsburgh. 2 NFL teams & 1 NBA team that are all decent to watch.

Cos
10-09-2012, 10:33 AM

flipstah
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Cos

Hmmm didnt think of that. I know nothing about Philly.

76'ers suck. Don't waste your money on them.

Steelers>Eagles.

I think Miami would be a great destination for that. :thumbsup:

dirtsniffer
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
chicago and washington are two places that I would also consider

flipstah
10-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
chicago and washington are two places that I would also consider

Chicago is a bit cold but they have good teams.

dirtsniffer
10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
aparently its one of the nicest cities in the world too.

also bears fan bias here..

5hift
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Cos

When I went to San Fran they told me that we shouldn't go to Candlestick Park. Too dangerous and a shit hole. Their exact words.

My buddy would love to go to a Raiders game since he is a big Raiders fan but I think we would be killed. Hahaha

Who is "they"? As someone who has lived in the bay and goes back multiple times a year I dont agree with this. Candlestick park is old, but it makes up for that with its location and amazing atmposhere. I was there for the Niners/Steelers MNF game last year when the power went out for long periods of time and there wasnt a single incident that occured, nor once did I feel like something was going to happen.

I have been to several Raiders games going back to my childhood, never was there a scary/dangerous situation.

The bay area has the Niners, Raiders, Warriors, Athletics, Giants, not to mention a ton of college bowl games depending when you go. The large amount of arenas in a small area also means there is almost always some huge music festval or good artist performing.

We are talking about the most liberal city/area in the US, not the middle east.

Cos
10-09-2012, 12:53 PM

GS430
10-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think you'll get into trouble in Miami lol.. :poosie:

dirtsniffer
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
My good buddy goes to a niners game every year. The only thing he's mentioned is Oakland probably isn't the safest place to be wandering around at night.

Anton
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
+1 for Phoenix.

Too bad you don't wanna do NYC. Jets, Giants, Knicks and Nets just moved to Brooklyn. Plus seeing a game in MSG would be pretty spectacular.

Originally posted by flipstah

76'ers suck. Don't waste your money on them.

Steelers>Eagles.

I think Miami would be a great destination for that. :thumbsup:

Since when do 76ers suck? Playoffs last year. Got Bynum this year. Maybe a bit less exciting without Igoudala but still not a bad team.

Mind you, the East doesn't have the best teams but I'd argue that Philly wouldn't be bad to see. I saw Philly play Miami (in Miami) and they played great ball.

brucebanner
10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
What kind of budget? I went to watch the Trail Blazers last year. $1100? and that was flights/hotel/games(Clippers/Trail Blazers & Magic/Trail Blazers). One game court side(behind score table) and seats for the other game was 7-8 rows up off the floor in the lower bowl off center behind a team bench. Oh and Portland was a cool city too. :thumbsup:

Heading down to LA the start of November to take in 2, maybe 3 games. Clippers/Lakers, GSW/Clippers and very likely Pistons/Lakers to round out the weekend. However, spending the same kind of money as I did for Trail Blazer tickets gets good seats in the Staple Center but nowhere near courtside. :rofl:

Can't wait to go!

Cos
10-09-2012, 06:14 PM

brucebanner
10-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Cos
What is your trip in November like? I could see us going and doing the Chargers or something.

Fly down Nicember 2nd and fly back the 5th. Flights were under $500 return and hotel is less than that but more expensive then it should be since there is some sort of convention in around those dates. Purchased tickets for the jest two games already and we're in for $650-700 each for those games. So this trip is more expensive but it is LA.

As far as the NFL goes, I don't follow too closely so I wouldn't spend as much to go to a game. I'd like to get to one but it isn't a priority.

tenth
10-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by skandalouz_08
Philadelphia/Pittsburgh. 2 NFL teams & 1 NBA team that are all decent to watch.
Despite being in the same state, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh aren't really near each other. 5 hours one way or 10 hours return in a car. Unless there were some killer must see games, not the best combination. New York/East Rutherford, Baltimore, and DC all much closer to Philly then Pittsburgh. I believe Cleveland is the closest NBA city to Pittsburgh.

You say 3 days, is that a non long weekend (2 nights/3 days), 3 full days off like a long weekend (3 nights), or 3 days excluding travel (4 nights)? That changes the options pretty significantly, as you probably aren't going to want to make any flight connections if it's 2/3 nights.

There are a ton of good options depending on budget, number of days, whether non-direct flights fit your schedule, how big a deal warm weather is, other desirable trip activities for the individuals going, etc... New Orleans, Tampa/Orlando, Nashville/Memphis (Jack Daniels distillery), Charlotte, Atlanta, etc all good options if a warmer destination is a goal and you can swing ideally 4 nights. Non warm destinations you've got the entire NE and mid-west as well.

Of the cities I've seen games in (including DFW, Green Bay, and PHX), I was most impressed by Indianapolis. The Downtown area is really nice and walkable, both the Colts and Pacers are over-achieving young teams, Lucasoil Stadium is beautiful, the fieldhouse is supposed to be unreal, and their fans are among the best and loudest going. Did the Speedway tour, played the Pete Dye Brickyard golf course (4 holes inside the oval and really nice), Colts game, $10 lap-dances at Brad's Brass Flamingo, and some great craft brews. You can arrange for private stadium tours at a pretty good price as well, but we ran out of time.

lasimmon
10-09-2012, 11:12 PM
New Orleans Saints and Hornets.

/thread.

New Orleans is an awesome place to go to. The Superdome is really awesome to go see and to watch a game in. Besides, they are hosting the superbowl this year.

And if you want even more fun, go down and go to an LSU game as well. Never had so much fun. Bourbon street + LSU vs Florida the next day. Girls everywhere.

flipstah
10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Anton

Since when do 76ers suck? Playoffs last year. Got Bynum this year. Maybe a bit less exciting without Igoudala but still not a bad team.

Mind you, the East doesn't have the best teams but I'd argue that Philly wouldn't be bad to see. I saw Philly play Miami (in Miami) and they played great ball.

Very biased statement from me. I just have a hate for them.

What about college football? You can watch the Sooners kick some ass while checking out the Thunder!

skandalouz_08
10-10-2012, 10:32 AM
If you're too lazy to organize your own trip and only want football here's a trip that's already put together for you.

San Fran Sports Weekend (17NOV – 20NOV)

Itinerary:

· Saturday, November 17 arrive in San Francisco.

· Sunday, November 18 New Orleans Saints @ Oakland Raiders

· Monday, November 19 Chicago Bears @ San Francisco 49ers

· Tuesday, November 20 return flights

Package Includes:

· Round-trip flights from Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver

· 3-nights hotel accommodation at the Hilton San Francisco based on double occupancy

· Airport and game day van transfers Game tickets for NO @ RAI and CHI @ SF in the 50% best of the bowl

There will be a light itinerary of dinners, nights out, tailgating, etc.

Cost $1500 including all taxes

It's one of my friends who has put it together and is open for up to 24 people, first come, first served. PM me if you want more info.

loft_man
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I was just in SF this past weekend and went to Game 1 of the NLDS Giants vs Reds and 49ers vs Bills. I have to say that I felt completely safe at Candlestick. The SF Transit system is awesome; I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Van Ness and California and there is a shuttle bus across the street that takes you directly to Candlestick and back for only $12 return.

I would say the only reason not to go to SF is the price to travel there. If price is not an issue go for it!