PDA

View Full Version : MBNA Cards Hax0red?

flipstah
10-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I tried using my card today and apparently, my account was closed along with several others due to a vendor breach (probably fuckin' PayPal). According to the CSR, it's a nationwide thing but rectified quickly...?

Anyone had issue trying to use their card?

canadian_hustla
10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
mine worked fine :dunno:
used twice today, gas and then lunch @ cat n fiddle

flipstah
10-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Bah. Looks like I have to figure out which merchant got skimmed.

Will now be doing credit check you. Paranoia setting in just fine.

canadian_hustla
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
^

Well good luck to you. MBNA is totally whack with setting credit limits (like wayyy too high), I don't want to know what would happen if mine got compromised :nut:

flipstah
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Last time I used the card was at U & Me on Thanksgiving Monday. :-(

Not sure if they're the ones but watch out.

egmilano
10-10-2012, 07:41 PM
ouch sorry to hear dude, a couple month's ago my girlfriends card was compromised but BMO sorted it out, 3 thousand was taken in cash advances in Boston...

jibber
10-10-2012, 07:54 PM
All that CCR finally catching up to ya?

Cos
10-10-2012, 07:59 PM

flipstah
10-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by egmilano
ouch sorry to hear dude, a couple month's ago my girlfriends card was compromised but BMO sorted it out, 3 thousand was taken in cash advances in Boston...

MBNA themselves shut it down so when they send me the replacement fqrd, ill have to take a look if there are any errant charges.

Originally posted by jibber
All that CCR finally catching up to ya?

Lol no way, man. Yolo!

Originally posted by Cos
Mine seems ok. Thank god I pay it off anytime I put money on it and it shows you pre-auth's almost right away.

I do too and that's how i knew. Tried to buy gas yesterday and got declined. Thinking something was fishy, i checked today online and bam.

I check my statements weekly too

eblend
10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Mine seems fine as well, surprising since I use it for EVERYTHING.

thetransporter
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
"protect yourself with pin &chip"

flipstah
10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Looks like I got an anomaly.

Checked my most recent transactions and nothing fishy going on. Just that U&Me was my last transaction before things went kaput. :dunno:

I asked MBNA which merchant it was and they won't tell me for fear of losing business. DAMN STRAIGHT THEY WOULD.

canadian_hustla
10-13-2012, 10:19 AM
speaking of MBNA and fraud, is anyone else getting calls from "CUSTOMER SERVICE 24/7"? Apparently they sell balance insurance on the MBNA card or whatever, but they are an affiliate of MBNA NOT MBNA itself.

They have all your confidential information etc. I don't remember giving MBNA permission to subcontract this company to telemarket me.

eblend
10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
speaking of MBNA and fraud, is anyone else getting calls from "CUSTOMER SERVICE 24/7"? Apparently they sell balance insurance on the MBNA card or whatever, but they are an affiliate of MBNA NOT MBNA itself.

They have all your confidential information etc. I don't remember giving MBNA permission to subcontract this company to telemarket me.

no I don't think so, at least not in a while. I know CIBC kept calling me, until I told them to fuck off or else they will not have me as their customer.

MBNA may have initially as well, but I told them to exclude me from phone marketing and haven't heard anything since.

littledan
10-15-2012, 10:46 AM
balance insurance is such a fricken scam x 1000.

basically, if you get fucked up or lose your job etc... they will pay the MIN PAYMENT DUE each month for like a total of 12 mos or whatever. but if you look at your min payment, it will be in the 15 or 20 dollar range, so over a year its like maybe 300 bucks. and for the privilege of this insurance you have to pay like an extra 5% on each bill. so ridiculars.

flipstah
10-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

Originally posted by littledan
balance insurance is such a fricken scam x 1000.

basically, if you get fucked up or lose your job etc... they will pay the MIN PAYMENT DUE each month for like a total of 12 mos or whatever. but if you look at your min payment, it will be in the 15 or 20 dollar range, so over a year its like maybe 300 bucks. and for the privilege of this insurance you have to pay like an extra 5% on each bill. so ridiculars.

:werd:

I was all happy about it and then I stated "I'm so glad that if I lose my position, insurance will be able to cover my usual payments!"

Then they said, "... Well just the minimum payments."

I said no right after because they still make money on me off of interest. So really, it's another nail in the coffin that I can save on elsewhere. It's $1/$100 of debt. WTF.