PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher Issue

davidI
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
My tenants are reporting that the dishwasher is humming when turned on, but not working.

I'm overseas so it's tough for me to deal with. My initial though is that given the age of the dishwasher, it's probably worth just replacing it rather than trying to repair it. I can't see the cost difference being more than a few hundred $$$.

Are there any companies where I can shop for a dishwasher online and have them deliver and install the new dishwasher and take away the old one or what's the best way to remotely handle this?

If I have a new dishwasher delivered and then schedule a plumber to separately install, I'm not sure how to get rid of the old one...it would be nice to do it all in one shot.

Cos
10-10-2012, 06:57 PM

xrayvsn
10-10-2012, 07:01 PM
We just replaced our dishwasher through Sears. They took out the old one, disposed of it and installed the new one, so we did not need to call in a plumber. I think delivery + install + removal of the old one was about $250.

Chances are, whatever appliance place you go through will have a similar price and offer the same sort of install/removal of the units. You can likely just call and get it all arranged and paid for by credit card over the phone.