PDA

View Full Version : Review: Ginza

SoSlowDx
02-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Food and place was all right, when it came up to pay our $55 lunch, we gave them $100, they said they don't have change!

anyone encounter this? Our money wasn't fake. Never been insulted like this, if we weren't in a rush would have sat there and said that's all we got.

dj_rice
02-11-2004, 01:36 AM
Serious??

Scammers trying to get a big tip...

Did u end up leavin them the $100?

dj_rice
02-11-2004, 01:39 AM
If u did..then damn I hope I run into you the next time ur havin lunch and I'm ur waiter lol...

No change..no speaka English

RiCE-DaDDy
02-11-2004, 02:10 AM
p.s. while i was at Ginza, i was makin sushi with some other dude, and a piece from a roll hits the floor (nasty kitchen floor in winter), picks it up, dusts it off, looks at me and says, "Who the fuck cares, its all you can eat"

:D

max_boost
02-11-2004, 02:31 AM
LMAO

How can you not have change? So what did you do Johnnie? A restaurant that does not have change, bwhahah:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SoSlowDx
02-11-2004, 09:28 AM
We didn't want to sit there so we're like telling her this is unbelievable she said sorry and directed us to the Debit machine my friend being pissed off just paid for it and we ain't coming back to that japanese wannabe bitch....

BTW I don't eat sushi my friends did :D

BigShow
02-11-2004, 09:35 AM
I would of ordered more food to go until the bill was upto $100 then.

B17a
02-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Is this the place in Chinook? If so that's disappointing, I've been there before and all's been good.:dunno:

rc2002
02-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Sushi can get damn expensive. Last time I spent $80 for two people.

They must have thought your money was counterfeit, because if Ginza is right beside the bank. It wouldn't take much for them to get change for you...

max_boost
02-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Sushi can get damn expensive. Last time I spent $80 for two people.

They must have thought your money was counterfeit, because if Ginza is right beside the bank. It wouldn't take much for them to get change for you... Exactly

A bunch of asian gangster's hanging out and chilling.....shiet

szw
02-11-2004, 11:16 AM
I've been to quite a few restauraunts who wouldn't break 100's. Some even have signs at the front saying its policy not to accept 100's.

B17a
02-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by szw
I've been to quite a few restauraunts who wouldn't break 100's. Some even have signs at the front saying its policy not to accept 100's.

Me too, but those restaurants usually have someone who wears a hat serving you, a la Subway or MacD's. No self respecting sit down restaurant would have that policy, maybe they got burned on some counterfeit recently and are just paranoid.

szw
02-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Yes they were decent restauraunts, but yes a lot of restauraunts got burned during that time when a lot of counterfeit bills were in circulation (according to the news).

I have a couple $100 counterfeits' somewhere from that time.

Their policy might be changed now but i have no idea.

SoSlowDx
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Is this the place in Chinook? If so that's disappointing, I've been there before and all's been good.:dunno:

Yes it is

Originally posted by max_boost
Exactly

A bunch of asian gangster's hanging out and chilling.....shiet

Asian Gangsters? how is three students eating lunch look upon as gangsters??? We didn't even dressed or do anything.

Yeah there are fake bills around but every restaurant I know have guidelines to check if they are fake but returning our money and saying they don't have change is fucking bull shit

Shaolin
02-11-2004, 02:55 PM
The chinook ginza sushi tastes like crap, i went there once and I will never go there again.. The willowpark ginza is much better.

roopi
02-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

No change..no speaka English

:rofl:

Me: But you just did speak Engilish.

Waiter: Thats alli know.

Me: You just did again.

Waiter: :banghead:

sexualbanana
02-11-2004, 05:26 PM
That sucks man sorry to hear. But I think I'm gonna have to side with everyone else in saying that they may have just thought your money was counterfeit and didn't want to accuse you directly. I'm sure you were kinda mad (and probably confused) that they didn't have the change. But you might've taken more offence if they accused you of being a counterfeiter or just in posession. I know at the Canyon Meadows theater, they accused one of my buddies of having a fake $20, when it wasn't and he was definitely not happy.

I've had nothing but good experiences there. I've been there a lot and I like to food and I like the people.

rc2002
02-11-2004, 06:06 PM
They should have had pens and black lights for testing those bills.

But anyway, this will soon be a thing of the past: The government is circulating the new 100's with tons of "anti-counterfeit measures"

http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/currency/a/100dollarbill04.htm

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/banknotes/graphs/photos/general/2004/cjs_100f.gif

lam-boy
02-12-2004, 01:29 PM
haha john, why didn't you just get minh to clean them out??

SoSlowDx
02-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Minh didn't feel like eating man when that fucker gets eating then I'm pretty sure they'll go bankrupt haha next time I'm bring kenny and him man :rofl:

lam-boy
02-13-2004, 03:36 AM
i dont think kenny likes sushi though.

haha sushi is sickening man. last time i ate it almost threw up