PDA

View Full Version : Conan In Toronto

core_upt
02-11-2004, 01:33 AM
While it is true that Toronto is by far the worst part of Canada, it has managed to redeem itself a bit by bringing Conan O'Brien to the city for the week. It's looking pretty good, lots of good guests too. Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Jim Carey. Should make for some late nights.

Fluidic
02-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Saw tonights episode already. It was pretty damn funny -- but fuck... us Canadians are so god-damn loud during his interview it's quite... well... shitty.

Conan in Toronto -- good to go till Friday. :)

Ben
02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
I watched an old ass episode 2 nights ago where he had Alicia Silverstone on. It was hilarious, he was mocking her Vegan lifestyle. It was right before thanksgiving and they were discussing hat they eat. "Well unstead of Turkey I have Tofurkey" (tofu in the shape of a turkey :rolleyes:)

Later in the show they got talkin real good, and Conan said they should go for a rip around the Park in a Horse Drawn Cairrage, forgetting Alicia is a huge animal rights activist. She immediatly got upset and said "No thats terrible. Think of the horses, its cruel"

Conan blasts back a comment I thought was absolutly brilliiant and said" Oh I'm, sorry, maybe we can get a bunch of Tofurkeys to pull it around instead." The audience roared!

rage2
02-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
While it is true that Toronto is by far the worst part of Canada, it has managed to redeem itself a bit by bringing Conan O'Brien to the city for the week.
You do know that you (taxpayer) paid the $1,000,000 bill to bring him here right? :)

We should bitch about mad cow more and bring conan to calgary!

MM99lude
02-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Ya the taxes payers are contributing to his trip, they say its to bring tourism back to TO after the SARS outbreak.

Either way Conan in Toronto is sweet.... funniest man on late night TV:thumbsup:

el_fefes
02-11-2004, 03:37 PM
:werd: funniest indeed

method
02-11-2004, 06:30 PM
I'd rather my taxes go to quality entertainment than the gun registry :D

hjr
02-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by method
I'd rather my taxes go to quality entertainment than the gun registry :D thats not how it works, it goes to both, then taxes go up. then more moey is spent then taxes go up...

rage2
02-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by method
I'd rather my taxes go to quality entertainment than the gun registry :D
Or $54 billion EI surplus... or $250 million to corrupt liberals...

Canadian government sucks. I think it's time for me to run for PM, and steal a few hundred million for myself.

sexualbanana
02-12-2004, 02:52 AM
"The CN Tower and the Skydome. Collectively, they are the penis and the vagina of Toronto."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Kaos
02-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Everytime I get the chance to watch TV, I can never remember Conan O brian.
I tried looking for episodes of it, but I cant find it.
Can anyone please help?

hjr
02-12-2004, 11:49 AM
i saw the one with micheal j fox and he seemed a little pissed at the audience for screaming at everything. He would meantioned a lame movie he did that nobody saw and people were screaming away, he was like "come onnnnnn!" screaming for screamings sake.

sexualbanana
02-13-2004, 12:53 AM
This is kinda stupid. It's so bloody Canadian that it's alienating everyone else. At least when they're in NY, we can still understand the jokes. Since they've been in Canada, joks about Don Cherry and the PM's is going over basically everyone's head. He wasn't kidding when he made the Don Cherry joke when he said:

"That sound you hear is the sound of Americans not getting that joke."

sexualbanana
02-13-2004, 03:01 AM
I wonder if Conan and Triumph are gonna get in shit for the anti-french comments they made. . . .

TrevorK
02-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I wonder if Conan and Triumph are gonna get in shit for the anti-french comments they made. . . .

Anyone got the Triumph clip?

sexualbanana
02-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I have it but I can't cut it to just that. It's in some funky format that is HUGE.

Dave P
02-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Hahaha i saw conan last night. i thought it was halarious.

It was more like stand up comedy then a talk show with the crowd going crazy.

Triumph was halarious, and the cn tower rules

method
02-13-2004, 05:59 PM
yeah they got in shit.

frogs cant take a joke.

I know that's not how taxes work, but seriously... if it was UP to us to decide where the money was spent? conan all the way :thumbsup:

core_upt
02-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Triumph was hilarious - when he said that the fat guy should try seperating himself from donuts! Gold!!!

It's nice having a talk show with Canadian jokes that doesn't such, read: Mike Bullard. That guy just sucks

Toms-Celica
02-14-2004, 12:18 AM
:tongue:

Shaolin
02-14-2004, 12:25 AM
I don't know how Mike Bullard still has a show..

nosegrindR
02-14-2004, 02:06 AM
dude conan's nuts, he's got the funniest late night show

Redlyne_mr2
02-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
While it is true that Toronto is by far the worst part of Canada, it has managed to redeem itself a bit by bringing Conan O'Brien to the city for the week.
Haha everyone I talk to from another province who has lived in TO says the same thing including me. The whole province is a dump, its not part of Canada it's the 51st state

rage2
02-16-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
haha I just watched the clip... man that was funny. Of course, the American's won't get it at all, but Canada's bitching about the Triumph skit. The friday rebroadcast had the triumph skit cut out in Canada. Can you say censorship? It feels like I'm living in a communist country.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1832&ncid=1832&e=14&u=/cpress/20040214/ca_pr_on_en/tv_conan_fallout

Those old farts in Ottawa gotta learn what humor is. I mean, they pay for Conan to come here, who's known to push the boundries with his jokes, and they bitch when they make fun of the damn quebecers. And they want a $1 million refund lol. Idiots. They're making all Canadians look like idiots.

BTW - Triumph is right man, everyone in Quebec is gay. There is a reason why Montreal is the AIDS capital of North America.

SI-vic
02-16-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Or $54 billion EI surplus... or $250 million to corrupt liberals...

Canadian government sucks. I think it's time for me to run for PM, and steal a few hundred million for myself.

You run for PM and I'll vote for you, as long as you share some cash.

I've only seen the episode with Adam Sandler.... the funniest part was when Adam was talking about how hard it is to have a child (or something like that), then out of no where some guy yells out, " You can dooooo it"
haha i found that hillarious, nobody saw it coming, not even Adam or Conan.