PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Paint, Painter & Suggestions

mobiledreamz
02-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Hey All!

To start off, yes I did to a search about cheap paint already. However I thought I would start a new thread to see if anyone’s interested in helping me out.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All right… I just bought myself a winter car the other day for $500.00 and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. It's an 81 Chevy Malibu. It runs great and is in fairly good condition for being that old. I'm going to dress up the interior a bit and clean it up. The body is in C- shape but the paint is just horrible. That's the catch. It's a pinkish/yellowish/beige and it looks pretty shitty.

I'm not willing to spend much on this car but the paint has got to go. I really want to get it painted black but I don't think it's even worth it since the paint will be more then the car. Honestly, anything’s better then this color right now. I'll post a pic tomorrow if I can.

Anyway, I've never actually had a car painted or even looked into it before. I did some searching around the net but didn't find a whole lot. I'm looking for a good painter that can paint it black without any problems. It doesn't need to look show quality (obviously) or even really good. It just needs to look fair and a hell of a lot better then it does now.

I'm looking for someone that could possibly do it within the next month or 2. I would obviously pay you but I just don't wanna pay out an arm and a leg for a car that only put me back $500 bucks.

I don't really know what my options are so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

firas91
02-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys, im glad im okay. The b18's plans were shooted to the summer, but as u can see there will never be a swap :(

lint
02-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by firas91
Thanks guys, im glad im okay. The b18's plans were shooted to the summer, but as u can see there will never be a swap :(

Que? :confused:

86max
02-11-2004, 11:25 AM
i think maaco will do it for pretty cheap, mind you it's one of those places you go to get your car painted before you sell it, but it sounds just like what you're looking for