PDA

View Full Version : Beggars at Superstore Edgemont

Sapo
10-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Yesterday about 4PM we were shopping at Superstore Edgemont ( I hate this location) and in parking lot we have noticed women holding both young child and sign saying something like " I have 4 hungry kids and no money....". She was white, dressed like gypsy from eastern Europe. After the shopping we spotted very same kid and sign but in arms of different woman! Is this new and improved SCAM?

KrisYYC
10-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Gypsies have been pulling this kind of scam all over Europe for years. This is the first I've heard of it in Canada though.

rob the knob
10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
gypsies are not white.

Originally posted by Sapo
Yesterday about 4PM we were shopping at Superstore Edgemont ( I hate this location) and in parking lot we have noticed women holding both young child and sign saying something like " I have 4 hungry kids and no money....". She was white, dressed like gypsy from eastern Europe. After the shopping we spotted very same kid and sign but in arms of different woman! Is this new and improved SCAM?

Originally posted by KrisYYC
Gypsies have been pulling this kind of scam all over Europe for years. This is the first I've heard of it in Canada though.

heavyfuel
10-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Best way to get beggars out of your face: Offer them a job.

YamahaV8
10-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by rob the knob
gypsies are not white.

Don't be such a knob, Rob. Some gypsy people come from Ireland and Scotland. Those people are pretty white.

cancer man
10-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Last time i checked Hungarians are pretty white.
They prey on peoples emotions especially when they pinch their babies so they cry.Goddamn parasites.

rob the knob
10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
google it. not trying to be racsist, google and you will find info to be true

rob the knob
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
those people lead a nomad lifestyle, yes. they are not though real gypsies

Originally posted by YamahaV8

Don't be such a knob, Rob. Some gypsy people come from Ireland and Scotland. Those people are pretty white.

Type_S1
10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Every time I see anyone begging I tell them to stop being a peice of shit parasite and get a job. It's funny because these same cunts could have probably walked to the dairy queen across the Parking lot for a job.

I saw a guy begging at a stop light yesterday wearing nudie jeans and extremely white shoes. Useless peice of shit deserved to get hit by an oncoming semi

swak
10-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Every time I see anyone begging I tell them to stop being a peice of shit parasite and get a job.

Yeah BRO!!

BensonTT
10-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Dont fuk with Gypsies! They will put a spell on your ass..

effingidiot
10-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Every time I see anyone begging I tell them to stop being a peice of shit parasite and get a job. It's funny because these same cunts could have probably walked to the dairy queen across the Parking lot for a job.

I saw a guy begging at a stop light yesterday wearing nudie jeans and extremely white shoes. Useless peice of shit deserved to get hit by an oncoming semi

Why are you so angry all the time? Lack of vitamin V (or P)? :drama:

botox
10-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah looks like they are running a rotating shift. I was at that same superstore at about 5:30pm and a EI lady had that same sign holding a kid, maybe about 2 years old.

Sugarphreak
10-14-2012, 02:17 PM

botox
10-14-2012, 02:18 PM
sorry double post :banghead:

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

Those aren't real gypsies though....

Feruk
10-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by cancer man
Last time i checked Hungarians are pretty white.
Last time I checked, gypsies were Romanian, not Hungarian.

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

Last time I checked, gypsies were Romanian, not Hungarian.

they're not Romanian -- they're Roma or Romani, and they originally came from south asia.

Hallowed_point
10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
Dont fuk with Gypsies! They will put a spell on your ass..

:eek: :rofl: :rofl:

buh_buh
10-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Saw the same thing at Southport Superstore today.
Looks like the epidemic is spreading.:thumbsdow

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Had some Gypsy try and get money from me in Montenegro last week, was tempted to say thanks and grab the coin already in her hand when she was standing there with her hand out lol

ddduke
10-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear

they're not Romanian -- they're Roma or Romani, and they originally came from south asia.

Then why are there Romanians all over Europe that everyone calls gypsies?

BTW, this is an observation of 20+ years of travelling to Europe on a regular basis and living in both Poland and Germany.

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Then why are there Romanians all over Europe that everyone calls gypsies?

BTW, this is an observation of 20+ years of travelling to Europe on a regular basis and living in both Poland and Germany.

:facepalm:

People do not call Romanians gypsies. Romanians are from the country Romania, and gypsies are Romani (aka roma) people from South Asia (India, Pakistan, etc). Romania and Romani are two different things entirely. One is a country and the other is a culture and ethnicity. You should know this given your extensive European travel and living experiences. :rofl:

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Oops

ddduke
10-14-2012, 10:51 PM

:facepalm:

People do not call Romanians gypsies. Romanians are from the country Romania, and gypsies are Romani (aka roma) people from South Asia (India, Pakistan, etc). Romania and Romani are two different things entirely. One is a country and the other is a culture and ethnicity. You should know this given your extensive European travel and living experiences. :rofl:

I'm not blind or deaf, I know what I heard and saw. They're Romanian or Hungarian, they travel all over Europe. Beg or scheme for money constantly and everyone there calls them Gypsies. I mean EVERYONE, no one calls them romanians, they call them Gypsies.

I know what the EXACT definition of gypsy is but in England the white travellers in caravans still get called gypsies. I also know the difference between romani and romania.

One of my clients is a teacher for Hungarian school and she was even telling me how her kids hide their heritage because everyone thinks of them as being Gypsies with no real culture.

EDIT:
People in Europe do call Romanians gypsies:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4323814/Meet-the-Romanian-gypsies-defiling-Londons-prestigious-Park-Lane.html

Maybelater
10-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Today I found out Gypsies are not ethnic whites, how about that. Thank you Rob.

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM

They're Romanian or Hungarian, they travel all over Europe. Beg or scheme for money constantly and everyone there calls them Gypsies. I mean EVERYONE, no one calls them romanians, they call them Gypsies.

I know what the EXACT definition of gypsy is but in England the white travellers in caravans still get called gypsies. I also know the difference between romani and romania.

One of my clients is a teacher for Hungarian school and she was even telling me how he kids hide their heritage because everyone think of them as being Gypsies with no real culture.

LOL

Gypsies are NOT romanian or hungarian, they are Roma. The Hungarians (and Finnish, actually) are Magyars, who were also persecuted but are completely distinct from Roma, and people most certainly don't call them (or Romanians) gypsies.

The uk "gypsies" are not real gypsies, as was pointed out earlier in the thread. People call them that because they are vagabonds like the real gypsies, which are the Romani people.

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 11:05 PM

EDIT:
People in Europe do call Romanians gypsies:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4323814/Meet-the-Romanian-gypsies-defiling-Londons-prestigious-Park-Lane.html

The sun isn't exactly a reputable source. Who knows what they meant. Maybe they were Romani people who immigrated from Romania (obviously there are gypsies in Romania, but that doesn't make all Romanians Romani).

I'll quote a more reputable source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people#Possible_connection_with_the_Jat_people

"This article is about the Romani ethnic group, and should not be confused with Romanians, an unrelated ethnic group and nation. For other uses, see Romani (disambiguation)."

ddduke
10-14-2012, 11:07 PM

LOL

Gypsies are NOT romanian or hungarian, they are Roma. The Hungarians (and Finnish, actually) are Magyars, who were also persecuted but are completely distinct from Roma, and people most certainly don't call them (or Romanians) gypsies.

The uk "gypsies" are not real gypsies, as was pointed out earlier in the thread. People call them that because they are vagabonds like the real gypsies, which are the Romani people.

Okay, I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ROMA AND ROMANIAN, you don't have to explain it again, thanks.

All I'm saying is that they've been stereotyped as gypsies and no matter what you say nothing will change that. There's tons of Romanians that travel all over Europe sponging off of people and people do call them gypsies. There's tons of evidence that shows that what I'm saying it true.

Be it ignorant or not, romanians are considered as gypsies in many places. If you're romanian (not romani) and a vagabond in europe, you're going to get called a gypsy.

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 11:14 PM
LOL Romanians are most certainly not considered gypsies anywhere, unless they are the 3.2% of Romanian population that is Roma. You're coming across as pretty ignorant for someone who travelled through Europe for 20 years.

ddduke
10-14-2012, 11:21 PM
LOL Romanians are most certainly not considered gypsies anywhere, unless they are the 3.2% of Romanian population that is Roma. You're coming across as pretty ignorant for someone who travelled through Europe for 20 years.

Are you Romanian? Is that why you're arguing this so much? It's definitely a stereotype.

Gypsies are known as low class travellers.

In Europe, Romanians leave their country to sponge off other countries, constantly travelling. So people call them gypsies. You're a moron if you think otherwise.

FixedGear
10-14-2012, 11:28 PM

Are you Romanian? Is that why you're arguing this so much? It's definitely a stereotype.

Gypsies are known as low class travellers.

In Europe, Romanians leave their country to sponge off other countries, constantly travelling. So people call them gypsies. You're a moron if you think otherwise.

LOL, no I am German and Irish, but you are utterly wrong and I'm just doing my part to prevent miseducation of the Internet.

4runneron36s
10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
What he's saying (ddduke) is that people in Europe call any dark/olive skinned beggars as Romanian/Gypsies, the names are synonymous. I have experienced this too in Central Europe. It's like calling anyone who is Asian Chinese.

KappaSigma
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
NW is the new NE.

BigMass
10-15-2012, 10:01 AM

is a typical look of a Romanian
http://community.footballpools.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dorin-goian-face-200.jpg
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/623625_100004265496999_2106135672_n.jpg

Is a typical look of a Gypsy
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/237142736598390598_GgTT3pW0_b.jpg
http://www.photomills.co.uk/images/Romania%20copy/Gypsy-Man-Cirta.jpg

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-gypsies-and-romanians/

two different cultures and heritages. Romanian history goes back thousands of years and has nothing to do with being a gypsy. I have nothing against gypsies but it's just two totally different cultural groups.

StinkyMahoney
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
This thread is awesome....it reminds me of the scene in the Holy Grail when the guy is explaining to the guards that they need to guard his son.

I think regardless of the heritage of the loser in the Superstore parking lot it's getting more and more common to see people trying new places to beg. The guys at the traffic lights are usually dressed better than me.

7thgenvic
10-15-2012, 11:25 AM
They were also at Safeway downtown... Makes me sick!

haunt
10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Why would they target supermarket patrons? I'd imagine most people doing their weekly grocery run would likely be using plastic. Also, if I know I'm about to drop $200+, it's not like I feel like I have money to spare. I guess if I was feeling empathetic I'd toss them a loaf of bread. Then again if I was feeling like a shrewd prick, I'd throw them a box of no name brand condoms.

ercchry
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
anyone ever take a train to paris?

once you do that, calgary isnt so bad :rofl:

FixedGear
10-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by StinkyMahoney
This thread is awesome....it reminds me of the scene in the Holy Grail when the guy is explaining to the guards that they need to guard his son.

LOL. definitely some sig worthy material in this thread. reminds me of the time some guy here was trying to argue with me that his xbox would stay warm wrapped in a sleeping bag in his trunk during winter. :rofl:

g3YiPC91QUk

speedog
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
New record? Thread went astray right at the second post.

StinkyMahoney
10-16-2012, 08:29 AM
I think it would be funny if the gypsies (of whatever fkg heritage) got online and read this...felt shame and got full time jobs.

We could all take credit for turning their lives around.

FixedGear
10-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I just learned that George Burns was Romanian.

KO22
10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Gypsies are stereotyped forsure as Romanians, I was born in Latvia and our family always called Romanians gypsies, did a study abroad in France few months ago and everyone even at my university (international uni) stereotyped romanians as gypsies as well

ga16i
10-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by StinkyMahoney
I think it would be funny if the gypsies (of whatever fkg heritage) got online and read this...felt shame and got full time jobs.

We could all take credit for turning their lives around.

That'd be good, reminds me of King Ralph:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/former-homeless-man-reflects-on-life-after-meeting-klein-1.678101

cloud7
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by KappaSigma
NW is the new NE.

No point in begging in the NE...

Hallowed_point
10-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by cloud7

No point in begging in the NE...

Hahaha nice...sig worthy :rofl: :clap: :clap:

cancer man
10-17-2012, 02:34 AM
http://youtu.be/HI8mYp1otic?hd=1

and this should end the ever lasting question.

egmilano
10-17-2012, 07:08 PM
saw it here at the panorama superstore, also watched as they got booted lol