PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza? Best time to go?

ekguy
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Planning another trip. This is what me and the best friend have landed on. Whats the best time to go?

Most sites say summer since alot of popular dj's play the clubs. But does it become ridiculously busy to the point of not being relaxing at this point?

How are the beaches?

The food?

Going to mexico with her in the spring so we'll see if we can travel together and not be at each others necks lol.

JAYMEZ
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Go to the opening parties.. The beaches are sweet. Everyone is pretty freakin jacked. The food is OK and retarded expensive. Be prepared to spend big bucks! 50 EUROs to get in 20 Euro Drinks..

ekguy
10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
K will do. Thanks James. Me and the best friend just want to hit up somewhere different than the resorts...

lasimmon
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I've heard the dudes out number the chicks big time.

ekguy
10-16-2012, 06:02 PM
lame...not really going on the trip to get laid as much as just relax (party myself into a coma) for ten days.

Any other advice from people who've been?

I'm assuming it's safe there.

Any hotels we should avoid?

How hard is it to get around out there?

JAYMEZ
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
I've heard the dudes out number the chicks big time.

Not when I went

Originally posted by ekguy
lame...not really going on the trip to get laid as much as just relax (party myself into a coma) for ten days.

Any other advice from people who've been?

I'm assuming it's safe there.

Any hotels we should avoid?

How hard is it to get around out there?

10 Days is probably way to long .. Maybe like 4 days.. We started partying in London , then went to Amsterdam and then flew to Ibiza.

Id stay on the San Antonio side , its has alot more British people and food. Ibiza Town side is more spanish and family .. hotels are not that great. Try to stay on a beach hotel .. Remember familys go to Ibiza for vacay as well..

l/l/rX
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
We recently stayed in Ibiza town at the beginning of August at Hotel Es Vive (great hotel, great staff (SEXY), great owner(s), after after hours bar, sick roof top patio). There were plenty of girls but at the same time a lot of douchey, jacked, gangsta looking dudes sporting gucci murses (didn't know this was in style still). Sant Antonio is where i heard a lot of british girls are, from a friend who went before me but we never made it to that part of the island.

10 days there you'd die. Pool parties like Ushuaia or Blue Marlin start at 5pm -12am, then you would go and hit up a club party till the early morning and do it all over again. So hard on the body. Not too mention the general parties on the beach start probably around noon. It's party 24/7 literally, you don't go here to "relax."

Picking a place to club is all about the night and not the club, so use the following website http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm and pick out the parties you want to go to (I found friday nights in Spain in general are not very good). Be prepared to be overly hot and sweaty, too bad you didn't have more people to go with, it'd be worth it to do bottle service every night because of better AC and access to drinks a lot quicker and easier.

Depending on the time of day, it can become fricken IMPOSSIBLE to get a taxi. Plan a head.

Edit: I suggest you do 4 days here, 6 days in Barcelona. Barcelona beaches are great to chill at, the women are plentiful, I couldn't stop twisting my head in every direction and the party scene is superb, the food is great and the wine is cheap.

Renagades
10-17-2012, 12:45 AM
I went in mid May, days before the opening parties (had to make it to the Monaco GP). I managed to hit one before I had to leave which was unreal. You have to go between the opening and closing parties in the summer or it's completely dead. Nothing going on party wise at all.

It would be pretty relaxing to go in the off season but don't expect to party. The beaches are gorgeous but the ones around the big hotels in the tourist areas are super packed. I rented a scooter and asked a local where the best beaches were and the ones off the grid are smaller but amazing.

Ten days is a little too long in my opinion. Like the others I would suggest 4 days. It's a small island and you'll be able to do everything you want in that time plus the fact that you will be absolutely drained by the end of it. I didn't leave the club until 8am and the dj was still going strong.

I found the food fairly reasonable, at least comparable to the rest of Europe but I also didn't go to any of the up scale restaurants or hotel restaurants. The smaller, local places seemed like the best bet. I liked Ibiza Town more than San Antonio, it had more history and a much more Spanish feel. It's all touristy but Ibiza Town seemed more laid back and full of culture (plus if you're into it, more history and cool old things).

For admission to the clubs it's a good idea to get tickets before. There are various places to get them but ask the front desk or there will be people selling them all along the beach. The guys on the beach seemed sketchy but once I began to talk to them they were super nice and I had no problems with the ticket I bought there (for Pacha). I think these are a little bit cheaper as well and they sell tickets for many different events/clubs. I think it's usually around 40-50 euro's for the bigger clubs but there's often more than one big dj and multiple rooms (depending on the club). Expect to pay more for opening/closing parties and BBC's radio 1 weekend (the place is apparently banana's then). Drinks at clubs are around 20 euro's so get your pre-drink on.

Have fun!

JAYMEZ
10-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Privelage Opening Partying , and Space Opening Party are a must :thumbsup:

Chester
10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Just had my bday in Ibiza with WRX up there, although he couldn't keep up on my bday :poosie:

msommers
10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Went last year, I think mid-July? Was only there for a couple days, 10 days would be ridiculous.

Food and accommodations I found were very reasonable in San Anton, it's the clubs and cabs that are way overpriced. If you stay in San Anton, there is a strip of little pubs with chicks on the streets haggling for drink orders. If I remember right, the area is referred to as The West End. Loads of brits everywhere as is food in San Anton which is nice having an English breakfast when you're hungover as shit. As mentioned, get your bracelets at the hotel front desk, girls who are hanging around or check Ibiza Spotlight to see club schedules and you can order tickets there.

I went to Space one night and all the rooms weren't even open, it was actually a disappointing night. Amnesia the next night and it was INSANELY packed. Saw Calvin Harris and Deadmau5 that night, closed er down at 8am and then there are busses that take you back to San Anton or to other clubs haha. I remember I took the bus back, totally lost where my hotel was and I had to check-out at 11am and hop on the ferry for 1pm!

Club entrance is 35-60 euros, beers are...I think 10euros..in the clubs. Vodka redbull was like 19 euros haha.

Oh if you're going to Amnesia, DO NOT BRING YOUR CAMERA. This was a huge ordeal for a lot of people. I was filming Deadmau5 for a bit and a bouncer just came up and grabbed the camera from my hand and walked away. I then had to "check" it like a jacket and pay for them to hold it. I honestly thought it was a goner. But I got a number stub and got it back at the end of the night.

Like I said, Ibiza itself isn't as expensive as everyone makes it out to be. The clubs and taxis however are riduclously expensive. There is also a night cab fare and a day cab fare. Guess which is more expensive? We actually skipped the line and hopped into a "cab" that was just a random dude selling rides to clubs. There were 4 of us and just him so we took our chances lol.

Our strategy was to get as drunk as you could at The West End and then head to the clubs, which usually open around midnight. Things really don't get rolling until around 1-2am.

flipstah
10-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Fuccckkk... 2013 Europe sounds so good right now.

l/l/rX
10-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Chester
Just had my bday in Ibiza with WRX up there, although he couldn't keep up on my bday :poosie:

Fuck your face. ASOT isnt my scene, I get bored of that music. I was still drinking at the hotel bar when you guys got back at 6am was I not?? Lol. I only left 2 hours earlier than you 2.

Marsh
10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
if you want beach, go to Mallorca. Then go to Ibiza for 3-4 days from there...10 days in ibiza is way too long/expensive

ekguy
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
We are stopping in Amsterdam on the way for a day or two. She wants to stop in Nice as well. So it may very well be only 5 days in Ibiza. I'm helping out my old boss out which works great cuz im setting aside all my pays from there for this trip.

Love having 2 jobs

:D :D

ekguy
10-17-2012, 12:53 PM
thanks for all the tips guys. I suppose relaxing elsewhere in Europe and then settling for 5 days of hard partying is ok with me

KO22
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Best time to go is Start/middle of June to Ibiza, thats when weather picks up, Nice is nice as well (Just moved back 4 months ago from living there for a year on a study abroad) I can let you know the best places around there to go, as well, places to hit up and save a few bucks, as well as pretty much anywhere in europe, including Amsterdam just pm me

ekguy
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
thanks man.

Maybelater
10-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Just a heads up if you're going to Amsterdam for the reason I figure most people think of going.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/dutch-court-upholds-ban-on-foreigners-buying-pot/2012/04/27/gIQA95pwkT_story.html

ekguy
10-19-2012, 06:23 PM
meh. from reading the article looks like alot of cafe owners will be ignoring the laws anyways and it's being appealed. I'm sure a little bit of looking and walking around will net great results lol.

Maybelater
10-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Just thought I should mention it. Amsterdam would be nice to see anyway, but you sound like you're going to party more then to see culture and history.

ekguy
10-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I still wouldn't mind visiting some historic sites.

We're still not set in stone for any place but Spain so far.