PDA

View Full Version : Protein Powder question

KappaSigma
10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I seem to recall someone posting a site you can create your own mix. I cannot find the post and"googling" brings up quite a few options.

Anyone have a "go to place" for something like this? thx

Despair*
10-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Truenutrition.com is one that I know. Used to be TrueProtein.com but they changed the name quite a while back.

littledan
10-16-2012, 01:16 PM
i think zipdoa posted a weight gainer mix you can make, but you still need to buy the raw protein powder.

for my post workout shake, i use 100% whey protein powder from london drugs. it goes on sale for around $23 for 2lbs. I get the unflavoured unsweetened version and just mix in some orange gatorade. i have found this is a cheap and effective option.

for the evening i have been using myofusion probiotic. tastes decent when mixed with milk. i just got a BSN syntha-6 in the mail from bb.com and the taste is absolutely disgusting ... :barf:

JLau
10-16-2012, 01:21 PM
i get mine through supplementscanada.com

i take the isoflex one "vanilla" good with every kind of fruit

Redlined_8000
10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Here you go:
http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx

You if you dont have a Promo code use AXG725 for 5% off

2Legit2Quit
10-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I buy all my supplements from bodybuilding.com

10 lb bag of Only Natural 100% whey for $100 and you can usually find a 10% off coupon code. Shipping is kinda pricey I guess but it's just due to the weight. I usually buy a few months supply to alleviate the cost or split the cost with a buddy and order stuff for him.

M.alex
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
True protein/true nutrition ... been buying from Dante for 6 or 7 yrs now.

zipdoa
10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by littledan
i think zipdoa posted a weight gainer mix you can make, but you still need to buy the raw protein powder.

The shake I make is essentially a meal replacement + multivitamin. It is so nutritionally dense that you need to split it up into two or three portions throughout the day to maximize absorption. Although it does have a shitload of calories, I wouldn't call it a weight gainer based off cost alone. You can find products that dump calories into your system for much less money than it costs to blend up my mix.

As others have said, true nutrition is the site you're looking for in regards to a custom blend.

My_name_is_Rob
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
Truenutrition.com is one that I know. Used to be TrueProtein.com but they changed the name quite a while back.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
Here you go:
http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx

You if you dont have a Promo code use AXG725 for 5% off

Originally posted by M.alex
True protein/true nutrition ... been buying from Dante for 6 or 7 yrs now.

+1