PDA

View Full Version : Student Loan

cbr600rr
02-11-2004, 01:23 PM
What's the offical website for the alberta student loan? Like where I can apply for one online?

I tried searching for it on google, but there were a few websites that came up, and i wasn't sure which was the right one.

Anyways, for the people that got the student loan, what kind of information do you need of your parents? I know you need their tax info or whatever, but im not sure what else. I'm not too keen either on asking them for any of their info, so is there a way to apply for one without including their information?

One last question, when I get the student loan, does it goes immediately towards your tuition, or can you have them just put it in your bank account?

t3rry
02-11-2004, 01:27 PM
just tell the sudent loan people that your parents dont provide nay sort of support for you and then they wotn need thier info... for more info instead of askign us you should just go down to 8th and 8th SW and ask them.. its the student loan office.

t3rry
02-11-2004, 01:29 PM
and some of it goes straight to your tuition and some goes to your bank account, depending on how much you get approved for...

for more info: http://www.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/student_loans/

cbr600rr
02-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by t3rry
just tell the sudent loan people that your parents dont provide nay sort of support for you and then they wotn need thier info... for more info instead of askign us you should just go down to 8th and 8th SW and ask them.. its the student loan office.

Will do, thanks man! :D

szw
02-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Depending on how long you have been out of high school, or your certain situation, you don't need their info. You'll have to look on the website for that.

If you DO need their info, all you need I think is their SIN, and tax stuff.

Websites I THINK...are alis.gov.ca and edulinx.ca or something like that.

google edulinx and look that up. (one is alberta student loan, the other is federal government loan)

If you go to U of C, if your tuition for that semester is paid, the money goes to your bank account. If it's not paid at the time you try to collect your loan, it goes straight to the school, then you'll get whatever might be left over.

Summa Luvin'
02-11-2004, 09:58 PM
As far as I know if you've been out of high school for 4 years then you don't need your parents info... and it's a hell of a lot easier to get a loan the older you are. go figure.