PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from 2004 Acura TL owner

HiSpec
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I am going to be checking out a 2004 Acura TL tomorrow. Aside from pay attention to how the transmission perform (known problem for the generation). What else should I be looking for?

Also, what does the Pre-Purchase Inspection involve from Acura?

G-ZUS
10-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
I am going to be checking out a 2004 Acura TL tomorrow. Aside from pay attention to how the transmission perform (known problem for the generation). What else should I be looking for?

Also, what does the Pre-Purchase Inspection involve from Acura?

Wasn't it the previous generation ?99-03 and not the 04+ that had tranny problems?

bjstare
10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
^More notably, the 99-03 cl/tl had a ton of problems, but Honda AT's on the newer vehicles aren't a ton better. CR-V's and Odessy's included.

HiSpec
10-17-2012, 09:37 AM
So these "issues"... are they rough shifting? Will not go into gear? Or the transmission slips? Or all of the above?

bjstare
10-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Just look on Acurazine.com, there will be a ton of info on there.

Numi
10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I used to own an 04 Tl. A common problem is tranny mounts wear out and Can cause drivline vibrations while accelerating. Check for rust hiding up in the rear wheel wells by the bumper. A lot of Acura and Honda cars made around that time also suffer from clear coat failure. It'll basically look like chicken feet tracks up the paint. I've seen it on hoods and fenders before, google it to see results you should find some threads on it on acurazine.