PDA

View Full Version : Scammy new users

speedog
10-17-2012, 07:57 AM
So another day and another new thread (link (http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/want-some-suggestion-about-online-shopping/showthread.php?s=&postid=4005717#post4005717)) created by a new user purported to be from India. Most amusing thing about this thread is the fact that regular Beyond members are engaging that twit of a new user - I mean really, you have to relay your experience to a sham of a new user such as in this thread?

In reality, if regular Beyond users want to open up about their on-line shopping experience, then just use the 'search' button - it's red and near the top of the page and it works very, very well and if you accidentally click on the other red button, then that's not a big deal either as you might just save us from propagating another stupid scammer thread.

As for the threads being started by these oh so legit new users, let the Beyond powers that be deal with them - the ban stick seems to get swung quite quickly at a good chunk of these types of new users (keep up with the good work).

Then again, responding in kind to these new goofs is kind of amusing in it's self and especially so for 3 of the replies in the linked thread above - it must have been driving you crazy to keep your personal on-line shopping experience(s) knotted up inside of yourself, thank god that Shamu or whomever from India came along to allow you an outlet within which you could exhale.

D'z Nutz
10-17-2012, 08:05 AM
The conversations on Beyond have been getting stale lately so we've outsourced professional topic starters from India to liven things up.

ExtraSlow
10-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Any idea what's wrong with the "report this post" function? Hasn't worked for me in a while.

Mibz
10-17-2012, 08:14 AM
The whole reason I left the thread open was because there was legitimate discussion happening, otherwise I would have just deleted it :P They may be spammers, but if they spawn discussion then there's really no harm in letting it flourish.

BrknFngrs
10-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Any idea what's wrong with the "report this post" function? Hasn't worked for me in a while.

Ditto, I used to report as many of these posts as possible but haven't been able to in a while.

CanmoreOrLess
10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
The REPORT button being DOA is in many ways another slide in the general quality of Beyond. It is a dying forum, wish it were different as it was a really good place. Some owners of websites think they run on autopilot, as long as the adverts continue all chugs along as the norm.

bituerbo
10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
New thread for discussion of how other thread isn't worthy of discussion because the poster is new... by user number sixty-one-thousand one-hundred-and-fifty-one.

To the top!

rage2
10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
The REPORT button being DOA is in many ways another slide in the general quality of Beyond. It is a dying forum, wish it were different as it was a really good place. Some owners of websites think they run on autopilot, as long as the adverts continue all chugs along as the norm.
The report post button was disabled because it was used in a DDOS attack against the mods. We make weekly changes to the forums behind the scenes to improve performance and usability. I do wish it was on auto pilot haha.