PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dye?

lindaL
10-22-2012, 10:13 AM
The dress code for my company doesn't say anything about this.
Howver Im just wondering would it give my boss and coworkers a bad impression about me if I dye my hair to red? It's an engineering company.

Like this but a bit darker http://www.wooinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cherylecole-140809.jpg

I used to dye this color while at school but I dyed it back to black before I had job interviews, and now I miss my red hair already.

I am from Taiwan, some older people consider its a bad behaviour to dye your hair. And I recently read a news from China that there was a woman got fired because she dyed her hair:eek:

Thomas Gabriel
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Don't do it. That would look bad on an Asian. Even if it did look good, yeah I think it would look unprofessional. Any colour that doesn't exist naturally looks unprofessional.

BigDannyCool
10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
i think 95% of women color their hair. No big deal

lilmira
10-22-2012, 11:50 AM
That picture looks ok to me.

I had highlite on my hair since day one of my career, did not encounter any problem. It's the whole package, your personality and your performance that matters. Not a deal breaker unless you way over do it.

KRyn
10-22-2012, 12:13 PM
There is a girl in my office with hair that colour. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Marsh
10-22-2012, 12:23 PM
if you look like chick in picture, sure. If not, then dont do it

Disoblige
10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
if you look like chick in picture, sure. If not, then dont do it
Yeah, so lindaL, post a picture of yourself.

Squishy
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Someone at my work has long purple hair and she's an older lady.
I agree with the if you're Asian don't do it because it looks so fake.

lindaL
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
http://ww
its my picture but ill delete it later.

How if I dye my hair to dark blue??
[url]http://www.short-hair-style.com/image-files/black_hair_dark_blue_highlight.jpg
would it look more nature?

swak
10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Did anyone have Cheryl Blackie at MRU, ever??

She had "hot pink" highlights.... She's a prof. -essional amirite?

Disoblige
10-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Like lilmira said,

Originally posted by lilmira
It's the whole package, your personality and your performance that matters. Not a deal breaker unless you way over do it.

If you're a professional in the first place, I don't think it really matters unless you're overdoing it.

By the way, Rockwell, nice. One of my Senior Electricals was with Rockwell for a long long time.

bulaian
10-22-2012, 02:06 PM
You should be fine, you're a woman. Many women dye or highlight their hair.

CanmoreOrLess
10-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't see dying your hair as an issue, IMO it actually might project someone who is comfortable in who they are and is willing to do whatever it takes to make a "product" better. Naturally I am assuming you are getting a professional colourist to detail your hair, done well it will do you well. You are who you are, be true to that and all is well.

Do you still need to go to a green dye before the red? I have a few asian friends (male and female) who were into dying their hair while in university and they all had to go green first. One friend was a big Green Day fan, he kept his hair green as everyone asked if he liked Green Day. All went black for interviews, like every asian businessperson. I thought everyone looked happier and better in the non black phase.

Coloured contact lenses are another story, never should an asian wear these as they look terrible.

lindaL
10-22-2012, 02:31 PM
hmm thanks guys ill dye my hair on my birthday, its the same day as my company's holiday party so if someone asks ill just say its for the party =P