PDA

View Full Version : HELP What to do with this Nissan SE

baybeebee
10-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Hello All,

I am new to beyond so please bare with me.

My boyfriend purchased a standard black 2001 Nissan Sentra SE last year in October for $3200 and we were stupid not to get an inspection done. (We learn from our mistakes....)

After driving it for a couple days it started to make this rattling noise from the engine. We took it to our mechanic and turns out it needed a new transmission. The used transmission was $2100 including labour... A few weeks later he had to get the callipers replaced which costed a few hundred dollars.

The car has been good for a year now and now the passenger window won't roll down. We haven't tried putting the silicon grease yet but if the motor is dead then he will have to get that fixed too.

Today his brakes are locking when he drives so he couldn't drive it to work. I've been telling him to sell the car for a long time now because it just doesn't make sense to me to keep putting money into a car that is just going to continue to give us new problems.

He needs a car to get to work everyday so not having one for a while would not be an option. He is really tight on money now as well so he can't buy another car. Not sure what to do here.

Is there anyone who knows of places that would buy the car as is? We were hoping to get at least 2 g's on it but I am pretty sure we won't get nearly that much.

Does anyone have any advice? :(

black300
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
For around $2,000 you can get a Sentra that is in much better shape.

I would say you would be lucky if you can rid of it for a couple hundred bucks. No one will want to purchase a car that needs tons of work when they can pay a tiny bit more and get one in better condition.

2Legit2Quit
10-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Writing is on the wall about your current vehicle. I'd be looking to sell that ASAP, and move to the best condition civic you can find.