PDA

View Full Version : Argo

Shax
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Has anyone seen this yet? Watched it on Saturday and was actually super impressed. I am not normally one for suspense flicks but it got through to me.

What are your thoughts?

e31
10-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Did you know anything about the real events that took place before you saw the movie? I am under the impression that Hollywood butchered the facts in order to make a blockbuster. I will not watch it because I have heard that it undermines Canadian involvement in the crisis.

What the hell is wrong with Hollywood? As if Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter wasn't enough of a bastardization of a historical figure, they've got to screw up Canadian history as well...

lasimmon
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by e31
Did you know anything about the real events that took place before you saw the movie? I am under the impression that Hollywood butchered the facts in order to make a blockbuster. I will not watch it because I have heard that it undermines Canadian involvement in the crisis.

What the hell is wrong with Hollywood? As if Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter wasn't enough of a bastardization of a historical figure, they've got to screw up Canadian history as well...

They changed the movie to try and make the Canadian involvement greater after a huge outcry after the original airing.

D'z Nutz
10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by e31
I am under the impression that Hollywood butchered the facts in order to make a blockbuster.

Well that doesn't sound like the Hollywood I know and love!

Shax
10-22-2012, 11:24 PM
I will be honest, I knew nothing about the event before the movie. There seemed to be enough Canadian sentiment in the movie towards the end and they even had some written word before the credits praising our relationship with the USA.

Somewhat of an interesting read I found after looking at how accurate the movie really was.

Warning, Spoilers!
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/10/12/argo_true_story_the_facts_and_fiction_behind_the_ben_affleck_movie.html

maxomilll
10-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I thought it was awesome. really entertaining