PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Baller winter beater

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sorath
10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/8058/ballerwinterbeater.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/ballerwinterbeater.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Shlade
10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
I would...

Take note pussies who dont drive porsches and GTR's in the winter..

ercchry
10-23-2012, 12:21 PM
i saw a GTR today, money, money, money!

J@Tuner
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Best winter beater out there!

EDIT: Take that back, one of the best! Prefer 997TT myself ;)

jsn
10-23-2012, 12:26 PM
It's AWD... why not?:bigpimp:

Numi
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
My co-workers dad drives one year round. Says its amazing in winter.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-23-2012, 12:38 PM
It's amazing how many sports car owners will not drive in rain or snow. People ask me what my winter beater is, who needs a winter beater, I don't want to drive a shitty car in the cold and snow, if I can get winter tires then I would drive anything in winter.

beyond_ban
10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
So nice. Good dedication making it to the gym in this weather haha

NoMoreG35
10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
It's amazing how many sports car owners will not drive in rain or snow. People ask me what my winter beater is, who needs a winter beater, I don't want to drive a shitty car in the cold and snow, if I can get winter tires then I would drive anything in winter.

Exactly. Why ppl don't drive sports cars year round is beyond me :dunno:

..*JDM Hatch*..
10-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone sporting a Bugatti during winter? lol. AWD with a fair amount of power for pick up and go lol

bowlofrice
10-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Saw the AWD ferrari yesterday morning, black on black, younger white dude driving

Sentry
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I dont drive the aristo because I want it pristine.

The SVO is a ton of fun though. Turbo rwd manual hatchback, hell yeah. Has an LSD too!

l/l/rX
10-23-2012, 01:10 PM
My friend drives his r8 all year round as well.

Unknown303
10-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
So nice. Good dedication making it to the gym in this weather haha

WHC on Mcleod?

ercchry
10-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35

Exactly. Why ppl don't drive sports cars year round is beyond me :dunno:

cause some people dont want to beat the shit out of their cars :dunno:

winter has:

road salt
retarded drivers running into people
rocks
chunks of ice in the road
rutted roads
retarded drivers

Sorath
10-23-2012, 01:35 PM
It's amazing how many sports car owners will not drive in rain or snow. People ask me what my winter beater is, who needs a winter beater, I don't want to drive a shitty car in the cold and snow, if I can get winter tires then I would drive anything in winter. give me a break lol, theres a big difference between an exotic and your theory of a sports car....

rage2
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by bowlofrice
Saw the AWD ferrari yesterday morning, black on black, younger white dude driving
Watch out as he shifts into 5th gear haha.

Hallowed_point
10-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Meanwhile on beyond...Honda Civics & Nissan 240's get winter stored while the ballers drive GTR's, R8's & Ferraris. Only in Calgary folks!!

(prepares for hate :D )

EK 2.0
10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Meanwhile on beyond...Honda Civics & Nissan 240's get winter stored while the ballers drive GTR's, R8's & Ferraris. Only in Calgary folks!!

GTR's, Ferrari's and R8's can be replaced....the time, money and sentimental value of a lot of project cars cannot be....

And that is why I park hollie every year...not for not wanting to drive her...a good set of tires, removing the lips and diffuser will make it drivable...I just don't trust the poor skills of those around me on these streets...

Evo prec
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Watch out as he shifts into 5th gear haha.

haha funniest top gear ever

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
id love to be able to drive a baller car in the winter, but as errchry said, i wouldnt want to see it in the summer when its beat to shit from rock chips everywhere and having to constantly keep on top of repairing it every summer.

however, if i had limitless money, sure, id do it.

Type_S1
10-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

GTR's, Ferrari's and R8's can be replaced....the time, money and sentimental value of a lot of project cars cannot be....

And that is why I park hollie every year...not for not wanting to drive her...a good set of tires, removing the lips and diffuser will make it drivable...I just don't trust the poor skills of those around me on these streets...

Can't agree with this. A 10k ricer civer or 240 can be replaced fairly easy...with another 10k. It's just a car...the sentimental value will be gone once you get another one.

EK 2.0
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

Can't agree with this. A 10k ricer civer or 240 can be replaced fairly easy...with another 10k. It's just a car...the sentimental value will be gone once you get another one.

You don't have to agree with it...but I know for myself finding another "EK" hatch and building another hollie will not be the same as the original one.

And the same goes for if something happened to her in the summer time...

Kylehugo
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM

ya the sad thing is that right now my honda is garaged...

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 04:04 PM

i also dont agree with you. i have a 68 mustang project that i wouldnt dare drive in the winter due to how much time and effort went into making it look the way it will look and drive, buying another one if it got fucked up wouldnt be the same.

EK 2.0
10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

i also dont agree with you. i have a 68 mustang project that i wouldnt dare drive in the winter due to how much time and effort went into making it look the way it will look and drive, buying another one if it got fucked up wouldnt be the same.

I also don't want to get it twisted, I am not comparing my civic to something much more classic like 03ozwhip's mustang, or someone's old ss camaro or anything like that...

In that regard I am only counting the sentimental value, and the time I myself put into my car...

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
^^im not comparing the cars either, i comparing the sentimental value and the blood sweat and tears that gets put into such cars.

guessboi
10-23-2012, 04:15 PM
My NC haven't seen rain...nevermind snow in the past 3+ years. :bigpimp:

Kramerica
10-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

You don't have to agree with it...but I know for myself finding another "EK" hatch and building another hollie will not be the same as the original one.

And the same goes for if something happened to her in the summer time...

+1

Its quite easy to drive something like a stock R8 or GTR around with comprehensive in winter and not give a shit when it crashes and you get the same amount of cash to buy something similar.

I probably have one of the nicer SVX's in calgary, every time I look at another one for parts the interior is in tatters and some idiot has two different pairs of tires on it and the km's on it are twice what my car has, if it gets smashed even if I didn't have a sentimental attachment to it I doubt I'd be able to find one in similar condition on the market for the money I get from insurance.

ragu
10-23-2012, 07:38 PM
The only car you shouldn't be driving in winter is the one that can't be driven in winter i.e. hp monsters, too low, no heat etc. Rest are just excuses.

If the car really means so near and dear, you'll get it running even if it has been to hell and back. And if its totaled to such an extent that you can't fix it, well then you're just lucky you made it out alive. :)

xnvy
10-23-2012, 07:48 PM
^Disagree. Some of the projects on beyond have a crazy amount of hours in them. Fine drive it in winter, but if you wreck it, you have to spend summer (i.e. the best time to drive a project car) fixing it up which will most likely require an equally crazy amount of hours. Waste of resources and time for a lot of people not to mention it's always sad when a well done project car gets severely damaged.

But for me in winter: :winter:

max_boost
10-23-2012, 08:00 PM
lol meh

I parked my 997 for the winter. :D

I also parked my GTI :rofl:

Why subject it to the torture of winter weather. Love my Tribeca! :drama:

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ragu
The only car you shouldn't be driving in winter is the one that can't be driven in winter i.e. hp monsters, too low, no heat etc. Rest are just excuses.

If the car really means so near and dear, you'll get it running even if it has been to hell and back. And if its totaled to such an extent that you can't fix it, well then you're just lucky you made it out alive. :)

ya ok, so for the sake of arguement take my 68 mustang say it was yours.

what you are saying is that the thousands of hours YOU put in to it to rip it apart(every bolt) interior, fix the body, paint it, put it back together over a few years time, you will gladly take it out in this weather?

i call BS. an R8 isnt so near and dear, its a car you paid for off the lot. a project car that you put all your time and effort into to make it what it should be and youre saying you would drive it in the winter?

again. BS.

ragu
10-23-2012, 08:15 PM
what you are saying is that the thousands of hours YOU put in to it to rip it apart(every bolt) interior, fix the body, paint it, put it back together over a few years time, you will gladly take it out in this weather?

Yes, as long as it's not a hp monster. Most of the accidents on first snow day are essentially minor fender benders. So if anything, the question I'll ask myself is if the traffic would even allow myself to reach speed limit. If it wouldn't, the reason I won't take the car out (probably transit it) is due to shitty drive but not because I'm scared of rock chips/ accident.

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
i still call bs, i think you just dont want to go back on what you said so you are saying something else.

im not talking about first snow day, im talking about all winter. nobody in their right mind would want to take the risks of ruining that car they put all that work into, especially if you have another car that you use on the daily.

so you are cool with putting all that work into it, just to potentially wreck it, so you have to do it again? if so, thats retarded.

ragu
10-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I think you've misinterpreted my "so if anything" scenario as "saying something else".

The point I'm making is that seeing a nice car sit while I drive entire winter in a beater (or lesser nice car) isn't really my theory of enjoying a car. I think what you're referring to is almost a show car which I have no understanding of?

Either way :hitit:

Sentry
10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Winter beats the shit out of cars, NEVERMIND ACCIDENTS. Just the salt and rocks alone is reason enough to keep a nice car off the road. Find me a windshield for my Aristo and get back to me.

Go ahead, drive your new GTR, etc. There's plenty more where that came from.

But minty older cars? They're survivors. They need to be looked after.

My SVO is rare. Less than 10,000 made, probably about 3000 decent condition survivors on the road, MAYBE. And mine's one of them. It's rust free, but the paint/windshield are already pretty rock chipped, so I have no problem winter driving it.

EK 2.0
10-23-2012, 08:34 PM

so you are cool with putting all that work into it, just to potentially wreck it, so you have to do it again? if so, thats retarded.

I'm on your side here 03ozwhip just elaborating on your point...And not just potentially wreck it....But put the "well being" of your baby in the hands of someone who doesn't believe in winter tires, or thinks their awd or 4x4 system is the be all end all to winter driving and slides into your car.

Again, I am not saying I am Colin McRae (RIP) on a snowy road and that I wouldn't potentially crash into something. I have no issues in removing my lips, my rear diffuser slapping some winters onto hollie and taking her out in the winter on the nicer days....I just don't want someone else to ruin all my hard work...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
give me a break lol, theres a big difference between an exotic and your theory of a sports car....

A R8 isn't very exotic, there's plenty of them around.

Sentry
10-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Also your "beater" doesn't have to be a boring shitbox Camry.

My last 2 beaters other than the SVO were an AE86 Corolla and a Golf GTI with nitrous. All fun as hell.

tomt64
10-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Coming from a guy who wouldn't know what a wrench was if it hit him in the face.

You should only be allowed to make the above statement when you:

1) Have a car that is more/as exotic than an R8.
2) Dont have a handmedown vehicle from your parents.

:)

Ymerej472008
10-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Couldn't agree with EK2.0 anymore in this thread...prime example is I parked one of my Honda's and I now drive the other Honda winter/daily.

Ive simply put too much thought, money, time, effort and attachment into this particular car to have it damaged (more than it already is) by some jackass who has no care about my cars, because theyre driving their standard $500 winter beater.

vengie
10-23-2012, 09:20 PM

By that logic, neither is a Ferrari, or Lamborghini? I see those daily also...

You know you live in a city with a retarded amount of cash when...

Sorath
10-23-2012, 09:27 PM

Yup as there's as much as your 135 :rolleyes:

GenerationX
10-23-2012, 09:32 PM
^ I think I saw your c63 yesterday? Were you at future shop haha. Looks nice btw.

Sorath
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by GenerationX
^ I think I saw your c63 yesterday? Were you at future shop haha. Looks nice btw.

Coventry? Yeah that was me. Thanks

GenerationX
10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah I think I helped you with the iPod :rofl:

Sorath
10-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh.... That was you? Thanks Hahahahaha!

ddduke
10-23-2012, 09:52 PM
I'd probably only drive one if I could easily afford it, if I had to max myself out to buy it then I'd park it or only drive inner city around home to prevent rock chips and tons of constant road grime.

I already park my car at the back of the lot just to prevent door dings and every time I get one it bothers me to no end. I'm also stupid anal about the interior/exterior being clean, I clean the interior once a week (even if I haven't driven it to remove dust) and if it's being driven then I wash the exterior 4-5 times a week. For that reason alone I'd keep it parked.

Agent_Oorange
10-24-2012, 02:41 AM
No snow - drive all cars year round :D

Cooked Rice
10-24-2012, 04:11 AM

Well obviously, if you had money coming out of your ass, who wouldn't rock a nice ride all year round? But on the other hand a lot of people like to take care of what they have, and it goes for anything not just cars. I have a lot more praise for someone who's been able to keep a 20+ year old car in mint condition, than someone rolling in an exotic year round which they replace every couple of years.

Interestingly enough, aside from the lack of traction in the winter, we use gravel and salt here. Gravel, nice for chipping paint and exposing bare metal. Salt+water, nice for corroding bare metal. On the other hand, if you're driving something made of aluminum, carbon fiber, and glue you have nothing to worry about. So it does make sense to drive an exotic in the winter and park everything else.

:D

soupey
10-24-2012, 05:47 AM
if the r8 is anything like my tts, it's baller in the winter, esp+quattro in an audi is the best system i've ever been in (that said, i probably haven't been in enough higher end cars to compare).

i will say that my car paired with a set of winter tires outperforms my family's CR-V, Rogue, and older 96 Jeep Cherokee with all seasons by quite a huge margin - only thing i need to watch out for is the height of the snow.

Idiot Stick
10-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Pfft, I don't even drive my Mr2 in the winter. If only for the rust issues.

Celica Daily driver ftw!

tobypaddock
10-24-2012, 06:35 AM

Do you consider Ferrari's and Lamborghini's exotic? I see more of them around than R8's and still consider them exotic cars.

Type_S1
10-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by tomt64

Coming from a guy who wouldn't know what a wrench was if it hit him in
The face.

Ohhh so hurt...isnt a wrench the one you use to take screws in and out?

I like how some people act like working on a car is so difficult LOL...any monkey with a wrench can do it especially considering most of the mods on beyond cars are bolt on's and ricer wings ;)

Xtrema
10-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Interestingly enough, aside from the lack of traction in the winter, we use gravel and salt here. Gravel, nice for chipping paint and exposing bare metal. Salt+water, nice for corroding bare metal. On the other hand, if you're driving something made of aluminum, carbon fiber, and glue you have nothing to worry about. So it does make sense to drive an exotic in the winter and park everything else.

That won't bother me. Especially if it's an R8 or GTR, those things are made for winter and it's not like they will be collectable anyway with so many out there.

What really bother me tho is that douchbags coming down the hill with mud tires thinking they are invincible in snow or the 2000 Corolla with the all season tires of the same vintage.

All 3 of my accidents in my driving life, was hit by idiots with improper equipment/skill in the snow.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-24-2012, 08:18 AM

Coming from a guy who wouldn't know what a wrench was if it hit him in the face.

You should only be allowed to make the above statement when you:

1) Have a car that is more/as exotic than an R8.
2) Dont have a handmedown vehicle from your parents.

Again it's not a hand me down, it's an entirely separate vehicle I purchased myself with my own money, I don't get why everyone is being so rude.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-24-2012, 08:19 AM

Yup as there's as much as your 135 :rolleyes:

Why the hate/rudeness over an opinion?

zipdoa
10-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by soupey
if the r8 is anything like my tts, it's baller in the winter, esp+quattro in an audi is the best system i've ever been in (that said, i probably haven't been in enough higher end cars to compare).

i will say that my car paired with a set of winter tires outperforms my family's CR-V, Rogue, and older 96 Jeep Cherokee with all seasons by quite a huge margin - only thing i need to watch out for is the height of the snow.

I'd be curious to see what you think of a longitudinally mounted quattro setup (torsen center + torsen rear or torsen center + esp) vs your Haldex system. No hate, the new TT is a sweet ride, but IMO Haldex isn't true quattro.

And yes... :winter:

Shlade
10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Cant we all just agree that snow sucks :rofl:

blitz
10-24-2012, 08:38 AM

I think you tend to come off as a little privileged.

CanmoreOrLess
10-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Calgaryworld problems.... to each their own.

We've all seen Bentleys and exotics buzzing around Calgary in the winter, we should all have such problems.

Maybe the R8 driver watched this commercial from Audi:
9TqXq-jph_U

Money for an R8, yet still firmly in the camp of a winter tire doubter (painful to watch really and the title is misleading):
f01CHwfFlNg

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by blitz

I think you tend to come off as a little privileged.

live with parents, drive $50k car

live with parents, refer to their new cars as "our" cars

there are a few on here that just blow my mind "oh i make over $60k a year, im so ballin, look at my wheels... oh gtg, mommy has dinner ready!"

:nut:

KRyn
10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

there are a few on here that just blow my mind "oh i make over $60k a year, im so ballin, look at my wheels... oh gtg, mommy has dinner ready!"

Bro, it's a life style choice...

:rofl:

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by KRyn

Bro, it's a life style choice...

:rofl:

"why do we always have sex in your car?"
"oh, my downtown loft is being built right now, my roomies dont like it when i wake them up, they work early"

Hallowed_point
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice

Well obviously, if you had money coming out of your ass, who wouldn't rock a nice ride all year round? But on the other hand a lot of people like to take care of what they have, and it goes for anything not just cars. I have a lot more praise for someone who's been able to keep a 20+ year old car in mint condition, than someone rolling in an exotic year round which they replace every couple of years.

Your 100% right on that...I'm no baller and it doesn't make sense for me to have more then 1 vehicle right now. I just found it kinda funny and expected a reaction which is what I got!

But on the flip side, there is always gravel on the roads in calgary. And some bimbo on her cell phone can just as easily rear end you in the summer. With my car, It's undercoated , 3 M'd , lotsa wax. Sure it will see a little wear & tear from winter but life's short and I'm not saving my car for the next guy.

Clay bar in the spring/wax and she will be back to her old self :devil:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-24-2012, 09:18 AM

My car was considerably less than 50k for starters, as well as I payed for part of that Subaru so yes it is "ours". Really only privileged because I get to live at home rent free until my place is done, however I still cook and clean for myself.

Tik-Tok
10-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Calgaryworld problems.... to each their own.

We've all seen Bentleys and exotics buzzing around Calgary in the winter, we should all have such problems.

Maybe the R8 driver watched this commercial from Audi:
9TqXq-jph_U

That's not actually from Audi. The shot of the R8 leaving that shitty little house was from an automotive journalist who happen to have the car when a snow storm hit.

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:24 AM

My car was considerably less than 50k for starters, as well as I payed for part of that Subaru so yes it is "ours". Really only privileged because I get to live at home rent free until my place is done, however I still cook and clean for myself.

see this is the part that "blows my mind"

you guys still just dont get it. (that was also generalized for the multiple people on here that are in the same situation)

AaronK
10-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Lol wow this thread took a turn for the worst hey?!
Back to the original topic, that R8 is a sick winter car.

rage2
10-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Money for an R8, yet still firmly in the camp of a winter tire doubter (painful to watch really and the title is misleading):
f01CHwfFlNg
I think he was driving too fast for the conditions... :rofl:
:winter:

haha no hate for that. I was making 40k and bought my first benz living in my parents basement. Free rent and free food FTW, more disposable income for me lol.

"why do we always have sex in your car?"
"oh, my downtown loft is being built right now, my roomies dont like it when i wake them up, they work early"
I've never had problems bringing girls home to my parents house lol. No shame! haha

tomt64
10-24-2012, 09:29 AM

I like how some people act like working on a car is so difficult LOL...any monkey with a wrench can do it

I would like to see you or a monkey rebuild a transmission or engine.

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I think he was driving too fast for the conditions... :rofl:
:winter:

haha no hate for that. I was making 40k and bought my first benz living in my parents basement. Free rent and free food FTW, more disposable income for me lol.

I've never had problems bringing girls home to my parents house lol. No shame! haha

i guess the magic question here was... were you a teen... or well into your 20s?

this lifestyle was cool for all of 6 months when i was 19... then i had to gtfo

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I know why the hate, you guys think I'm older than I am lol.

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
you are 22 ..ish

Disoblige
10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
I know why the hate, you guys think I'm older than I am lol.
No, most people know you're 21, and you think making $xx,xxx is very good for your age, which you have stated countless times directly or indirectly on the forums.

I don't think anyone is being jealous when they're commenting on it, nor do I think you're trying to flaunt. As blitz said, you just come off a bit privileged.

flipstah
10-24-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Shlade
Cant we all just agree that snow sucks :rofl:

:werd:

Snow makes people go cuh-razy....

:(

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:45 AM
dont worry, its the norm now. i give my little brother shit everyday about this same thing

Type_S1
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM

I would like to see you or a monkey rebuild a transmission or engine.

Such a life skill bro!

"I can rebuild the transmission of a 1992 Honda yaaaaayyyy"

Sorry but these skills are only useful if:
1. You are a mechanic
2. You have a POS car. Rebuild transmission? Nope, I'd buy a new one. Rebuild engine? Nope, I'd buy a new one(or new car).

Being my age, driving what most people think on here are "tuners" (aka. The ill motion fad) that would ever require rebuilding of an engine would be embarrassing. I grew out of that phase when I turned 18.

Once again to my point...working on engines isn't rocket science...anybody with common sense and some technical ability can work there way through it pretty easy ;)

Tik-Tok
10-24-2012, 09:56 AM

Once again to my point...working on engines isn't rocket science...anybody with common sense and some technical ability can work there way through it pretty easy ;)

You'd be amazed how many people don't have any technical skill though. There's a reason mechanics can get away with charging over $100 an hour.

ercchry
10-24-2012, 09:57 AM
its still a skill, it can make someone a decent living, shut the fuck up. if you really have goals to be at the top you better learn to be humble

Tik-Tok
10-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Snow makes people go cuh-razy....

:(

Beyond is WAY more entertaining in winter, than summer :rofl:

blitz
10-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I don't think anyone is being jealous when they're commenting on it, nor do I think you're trying to flaunt. As blitz said, you just come off a bit privileged.

It's all about presentation. The way you talk about things makes you seem like you take credit for your parents belongings/accomplishments, instead of being thankful that you're allowed to mooch off of them.

I don't know you or really care, but even I notice things like:

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek in Tangerine Orange to replace our Jeep, technically purchased by my parents but I made the decision, chose the car and negotiated.

Avoid phrases like "our car" and "our/my" cabin, and replace them with phrases like "my parents car" or "our families cabin"

flipstah
10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Beyond is WAY more entertaining in winter, than summer :rofl:

You shut your WHORE MOUTH! :whipped:

Disoblige
10-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Let's all share how we really feel about each other (if not already done so) and use snow as an excuse. :rofl:

snow_daniel
10-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Question here to discuss...
I can see how people drive their normal/stock 911 Turbo, R8 or GTR in the winter but will you drive a modded 911 turbo, R8 or GTR that you put so much time and afford to make it powerful, crazy and nice, and drive it in winter.

Remember, is YOU; the car owner put so much time and afford to work on the car. Not that someone who just send the car out to the shop and do all those all that and pay the big bill.

flipstah
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Let's all share how we really feel about each other (if not already done so) and use snow as an excuse. :rofl:

Your girlfriend's hot and doesn't belong to you. Or is that avatar you?... :love:

sh0ko
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
at the end of the day everybodies situation in life and methods of living life are different. Worry about yourself and your family and what will help make you happy in life. if sitting here bitching bout who has an ungrateful attitude or living @ home with parents doing this and that and being spoiled to whatever degree is a big concern to you.... you're living life wrong.

i wish i had milliionare parents too that could give me an easy life too but i dont spend my hours bitching/pondering about it.. who cares...

to each their own

and @ ercchry
i agree that humbleness is a very very good trait to have... but kevin o leary is pretty damn succesful and far from humble haha

Sorath
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
This is getting good. Look what I started :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by blitz

It's all about presentation. The way you talk about things makes you seem like you take credit for your parents belongings/accomplishments, instead of being thankful that you're allowed to mooch off of them.

I don't know you or really care, but even I notice things like:

Avoid phrases like "our car" and "our/my" cabin, and replace them with phrases like "my parents car" or "our families cabin"

As mentiones a little earlier, I ended up paying for some of the Subaru so technically it is "ours"

sh0ko
10-24-2012, 10:17 AM

oh and.... when are u picking one of those r8's up???? :thumbsup:

Maxx Mazda
10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
What the hell did I just read 5 pages of??

flipstah
10-24-2012, 10:20 AM

I loathe the fact that your winter beater is my DD. I'm jelly with the ballers in here. :cry:

Hallowed_point
10-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko
at the end of the day everybodies situation in life and methods of living life are different. Worry about yourself and your family and what will help make you happy in life. if sitting here bitching bout who has an ungrateful attitude or living @ home with parents doing this and that and being spoiled to whatever degree is a big concern to you.... you're living life wrong.

i wish i had milliionare parents too that could give me an easy life too but i dont spend my hours bitching/pondering about it.. who cares...

to each their own

and @ ercchry
i agree that humbleness is a very very good trait to have... but kevin o leary is pretty damn succesful and far from humble haha

This man speaks the truth, amen to that. :thumbsup:

colinxx235
10-24-2012, 10:21 AM

to each their own

Not to stir too much trouble Vic, but didn't you live in a nice big house in springbank for all those years, drive your parents maxima etc?

;)

sh0ko
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
^ i never lived in springbank and i bought the car off my brother actually cuz he dosent relaly need the $. sold it to me for 10k. how coudl i say no haha

and my parents are far from millionares haha they work their asses off haha

Sorath
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

I loathe the fact that your winter beater is my DD. I'm jelly with the ballers in here. :cry:

im just a fake baller. i dare not compare with the ballers in the forum like Twin_Cam_Turbo

plus the only thing i ball at is that i lowball :rofl:

ercchry
10-24-2012, 10:26 AM
... being spoiled to whatever degree is a big concern to you.... you're living life wrong. ...

i dont think its really keeping anyone up at night. this is beyond. its full of people who sit at desks all day with internet access and not enough productive work to do. :rofl:

and every now and then i like to see how many people have me block ;)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM

im just a fake baller. i dare not compare with the ballers in the forum like Twin_Cam_Turbo

plus the only thing i ball at is that i lowball :rofl:

Never said I was baller, I commented on how a R8 isn't really exotic or produced in low numbers, so why not drive it in winter?

flipstah
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM

i dont think its really keeping anyone up at night. this is beyond. its full of people who sit at desks all day with internet access and not enough productive work to do. :rofl:

HOW DARE YOU REVEAL OUR SECRETS?!

I mean...

Nice car. I like the red one.

http://autohdwallpaper.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2010-Audi-R8-V10-Red-Concept-HD-Wallpaper-Picture-Dekstop-Background.jpg