PDA

View Full Version : summers off, winters on, found issues...what to do?

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 03:21 PM
so i took the summers off today and put on the winters, so its a sad day, but also fun at the same time lol

so anyways, almost the entire time i had my summers on, i had a slight wobble on the right front and it pulled to the right. i thought, well its lowered, different offset, maybe it needs an alignment....i put my winters on and it drives perfectly straight, no wobbles.

i never did an alignment. either way, i take my wheels off today, check the one wheel and its got an ever so slight bend in it...there is my wobble issue(i think).

look a little further, no weights on it anymore? wtf? there is my pulling issue(i think). now all of my tires were brand new this summer, the rears are perfect still, but both fronts are bald on both the inside and outside...

for all of these issues, what do you guys think is up and what is my next recourse? get the wheel rebalanced, possibly even straightened out( how much would that cost?) and get 2 new tires for next season and you guys think ill be good, or any other advice?

DannyO
10-23-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm pretty sure if the rim itself is bent then its toast, I had one a couple years ago that was bent a slight amount and had to toss it, I think to bend it back into shape would actually weaken the material even more, even if they heated it up beforehand, I could be wrong though, I'd probably speak to Alberta Wheel Repair to see what they say about it.

You could put a weight back on and run it again, but its not a chance I would take with a weakened rim, plus if its wobbling around, I can only see it causing excess wear on your wheel bearings.

03ozwhip
10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
the bend is on the back of the wheel, not sure if that matters, but ya, it seems pretty small. thanks for your input DannyO, now get back to work lol

Jeeper1986
10-24-2012, 10:01 AM
YOur weights r gone from the g force speed lol on my BMW I went to drum one day and on the way back I was met with a wobble checked no led haha

spikerS
10-24-2012, 10:17 AM
the absence of the balance weights does not mean there was one, it just might mean that there was no added weight needed on the front to balance the tire. It does happen. chances are though that the wobble is from an unbalanced tire.

as for the tread wear, could be under inflated tires causing the wear, which could also cause the pulling.

Either way, take em to Bob and have them check it out, they will be able to tell what's up.

03ozwhip
10-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Ya I was there when they balanced my wheels, there was more than one weight on the wheel, now none, so I'm wondering what could have happened.

Either way, I'm gonna call a wheel repair place, see if I can get it repaired and when I'm ready, ill get 2 new tires and a balance.

03ozwhip
10-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Another question, should I call out the tire shop I got my wheels balanced at? I've never seen this happen before and its not my fault. Would this be a waste of time?