PDA

View Full Version : Fawk you Burton

boarderfatty
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Well today is a sad day for snowboarding.

This morning Jake Burton announced that Burton will be shutting down Forum, Special Blend, and Foursquare operations, moving Gravis exclusively to Asian markets, stopping Red helmets, and Analog street gear.

Basically saying that they are no longer profitable that they are overlapping and competing against each other in the marketplace etc.

I grew up riding Forum, since I was 13 years old I rode the Young Blood, JP Walker, Devun Walsh, and destroyer boards, the Destroyer, Devun Walsh, and another Boot, I had more forum Tshirts than I can count. I grew up watching the Forum dream team in the Mack Dawg videos, True Life, Video Gangs, Static etc. with JP Walker, Bjorne Lines, Peter Lines, Devun Walsh etc.

I got pissed off when they first sold out to Burton, but understood sort of, since they sold out to them for less money since they wanted it to be still run by a snowboard company, Then Burton got rid of their pro team and I got really pissed, after this I can honestly say I will not buy another Burton product, I am considering giving away the little burton stuff I currently own out of spite.

I know that in the end it is just a business, but Fawk, Forum and Special Blend and Foursquare were what I grew up on

Jake Burton Shuts down multiple Programs (http://business.transworld.net/113535/features/burton-overhauls-corporate-structure-pulling-out-of-the-program/)

adidas
10-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Thats funny because today is a sad say for snowboarding.

This morning Jake Burton announced that Burton will be shutting down Forum, Special Blend, and Foursquare operations, moving Gravis exclusively to Asian markets, stopping Red helmets, and Analog street gear.

Basically saying that they are no longer profitable that they are overlapping and competing against each other in the marketplace etc.

I grew up riding Forum, since I was 13 years old I rode the Young Blood, JP Walker, Devun Walsh, and destroyer boards, the Destroyer, Devun Walsh, and another Boot, I had more forum Tshirts than I can count. I grew up watching the Forum dream team in the Mack Dawg videos, True Life, Video Gangs, Static etc. with JP Walker, Bjorne Lines, Peter Lines, Devun Walsh etc.

I got pissed off when they first sold out to Burton, but understood sort of, since they sold out to them for less money since they wanted it to be still run by a snowboard company, Then Burton got rid of their pro team and I got really pissed, after this I can honestly say I will not buy another Burton product, I am considering giving away the little burton stuff I currently own out of spite.

I know that in the end it is just a business, but Fawk, Forum and Special Blend and Foursquare were what I grew up on

OU812
10-23-2012, 09:47 PM

They lost their edge years ago

TheCheff
10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I still have my forum Devun Walsh board. My buddy still has all the old Mack Dawg VHS's as well haha. Also to me Special Blend is the premier apparel company for boarding. Sad sad day for sure. Keep all your forum and SB gear!

eglove
10-23-2012, 09:51 PM

boarderfatty
10-23-2012, 09:53 PM
thanks guys, fixed

Maxx Mazda
10-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Shitty. All my outerwear is Special Blend or Foursquare. They had some of the best stuff out there.

DeleriousZ
10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
I'll take that burton stuff off your hands :nut:

dubhead
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
This sucks! Forum boots > than any other boots I've rode in.

jsn
10-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
I'll take that burton stuff off your hands :nut:
:werd: :D

boarderfatty
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I can see how they didn't care for an overlap in the market, but I dont see why they couldny make forum hard goods specifically park and jib oriented since that is what they were more known for, and Burton covers everything else. same with the outerwear have Special Blend and Foursquare do more wacky park oriented stuff, and Burton covers the rest. For the most part I find Burton outerwear pretty plain and boring where as Special blend and Foursquare are pretty interesting and colorful, they cater to two different kind of styles imo, so Burton has to really expand their outerwear line to make up for what they are going to lose from the other two brands

schocker
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I had no idea they owned all those with the exception of red and analog. Nearly all my stuff is burton though, outerwear, board, bindings, boots :rofl:
Red helmets is an overlap though... :confused:

boarderfatty
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I had no idea they owned all those with the exception of red and analog. Nearly all my stuff is burton though, outerwear, board, bindings, boots :rofl:
Red helmets is an overlap though... :confused:

They are getting rid of RED and having Anon make their helmets and goggles now, don't understand why since RED helmets seem to be one of the most prevalent helmet companies out there when anon doesnt really have a base in helmets