PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the CIBC ABM's gone?

DeleriousZ
10-24-2012, 02:50 PM
They used to be in almost every sevvy out there, now I'm having a really hard time finding ANY cibc abm's anywhere in the east (mostly SE)

Did they all get removed or something?

holden
10-24-2012, 03:01 PM
7-Eleven switched to Scotiabank. Probably got paid more money.

Thaco
10-24-2012, 03:03 PM
yep, cibc refused to lower their fees, so 7 switched, i think macs and petro are still on board with cibc though

vtec4life
10-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Makes me so sad. It used be awesome banking with CIBC and never having to pay those stupid $2.00 fees because a 7-11 is on every corner.

CanmoreOrLess
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
CIBC has an app showing ATM locations for iPhones and the other guys.

https://www.cibc.com/ca/how-to-bank/mobile.html

thetransporter
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
cibc was a useful bank but goodness- i had a cibc visa card - for about 5 years always paid on full. somehow there was a small unauthorized charge - no biggie i continued to make payments than without notice they put a freeze on my account and close it and put a r9 on my credit file. ..

their fees are crazy...........

so really i welcome scotiabank atms and now i mainly bank with ING..

ZenOps
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
CIBC has good customer service, but their nickels are sub-par.

BMO has good nickels, but getting a box can be like pulling teeth.

TD has good customer service, and average nickels.

Scotia has excellent nickels, but you have to catch them at the right time.

Wait, what were we talking about again :D

DeleriousZ
10-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by thetransporter
cibc was a useful bank but goodness- i had a cibc visa card - for about 5 years always paid on full. somehow there was a small unauthorized charge - no biggie i continued to make payments than without notice they put a freeze on my account and close it and put a r9 on my credit file. ..

their fees are crazy...........

so really i welcome scotiabank atms and now i mainly bank with ING..

What do you do for your debt card stuff using ING, they don't have any branches here or anything do they?

I use ING for savings and investments and stuff but was never too sure about using it for chequing stuff.

AaronK
10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
The app works great for finding ABM's, I do miss them being in 7-Elevens though...

thetransporter
11-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

What do you do for your debt card stuff using ING, they don't have any branches here or anything do they?

I use ING for savings and investments and stuff but was never too sure about using it for chequing stuff.

i just use the debit card as normal. but i even stopped using the debit card and just use american express for the points.

I think debit per use charges with all banks will be a thing of the past.. like in the US
Use the visa check card all you want.

Canada gets the Visa check card - but totally different.:banghead: :werd: