PDA

View Full Version : Question about arbitrary fee.

Mattloaf
10-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm looking to see if I'm crazy or just being screwed around.

Since I've been living in China the management company for one of my rentals changed. My mail was all going to my father so I'd be aware of anything. New management company sent the change notice to the unit so I didn't receive notice of it. When condo fees stopped I immediately contacted the old management company to rectify this (with email correspondence). They directed me to a new management company. I contacted them and the women I spoke to sent me a change of mailing address form and an automatic withdrawal form. I completed them and sent them back. Shortly after that my father got two letters in the mail both outlining the overdue condo fees. I checked my account and saw nothing had been removed. I contacted the woman again and she told me to resubmit the forms, except for the change of address which was processed (hence why the letters appeared). I resent a previous email with the old attachments (to note the date) and I then got an email from the accounting department stating that I still owed them $105 for an "admin fee" for the late payment.

I believe I've taken reasonable actions to rectify this situation as quickly as possible dispite their best efforts. $105 isn't the end of the world, but I feel it's unfair to charge me. What do you all think? Am I being unreasonable?