PDA

View Full Version : another Nissan owner!

CelicaST-162
02-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 2 door, 4x4 :clap: :clap: . Does anybody have or had experiences with these SUV's?
Does anybody know where to get used bushguards for cheap? any stores? thanks

l/l/rX
02-11-2004, 07:51 PM
how about a new door aHAHAHA
i think you said your door was broken er something right?
aha anyways have fun with it.

any rust? pics?

nismodrifter
02-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Pathfinders OWN JOO!!!

Seriously, most solid vehicle that's ever been in the garage. We've never had a SINGLE problem with either of them (got 2 pathys...)

btu you should have bought the 93 Pathfinder that I have for sale instead of that 87 :D ;)

CelicaST-162
02-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
how about a new door aHAHAHA
i think you said your door was broken er something right?
aha anyways have fun with it.

any rust? pics?

STFU Jarrett, lol yeah its a fixer upper but nothing that I cant handle. For as low as I bought it for it was a steal!!

^^ Nismodrifter I didnt have 8000$ if I did I would have taken it off of your hands :D

Mike09
02-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Good Shit, Have fun with it!

mrbojangles
02-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
Hey guys, I just bought a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 2 door, 4x4 :clap: :clap: . Does anybody have or had experiences with these SUV's?
Does anybody know where to get used bushguards for cheap? any stores? thanks

If you don't know the history of the timing belt, then change it as soon as you can. Unfortunately it's an intererference engine. The mileage intervals for changing it will be in your owners manual. Exhaust manifold studs tend to break and will leave you with a tick-tick-tick at startup for a few seconds. People always mistake this as valve noise. Not a biggee, but if it happens, use the 300zx studs. The longevity of Nissans are great, but the gas mileage sucks for the Pathys.

Brush guards for cheap...bargain finder or else you will have to order one up.

angierideswitme
02-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Holy crap thats a crazy truck in your sic, do you own it? what are your mods?

mrbojangles
02-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by angierideswitme
Holy crap thats a crazy truck in your sic, do you own it? what are your mods?

Thanks, yes I do own it. Basically did a solid axle swap (cut off the 'no travel' and weak IFS) with a Dana44 and used Grand Waggoneer springs for the front and Chevy springs for the rear. Combined with long travel shocks, extended brake lines, cross over steering using Chevy flattop knuckles, a few more modifications here and there and you get a suspension that flexes/articulates for the trail.

euro tang
02-12-2004, 11:08 AM
yo I drive a 95 SE and its kickass, it can drive through almost anything :D the only thing that sux is that soooo bad on gas, ill try and get some pics of it soon.

CelicaST-162
02-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by mrbojangles

If you don't know the history of the timing belt, then change it as soon as you can. Unfortunately it's an intererference engine. The mileage intervals for changing it will be in your owners manual. Exhaust manifold studs tend to break and will leave you with a tick-tick-tick at startup for a few seconds. People always mistake this as valve noise. Not a biggee, but if it happens, use the 300zx studs. The longevity of Nissans are great, but the gas mileage sucks for the Pathys.

Brush guards for cheap...bargain finder or else you will have to order one up.

Thanks mrbojangles, the timing belt was just replaced!, the owner before kept really good care of it because theres stacks of reciepts and a diary of maintenance intervals :D

mrbojangles
02-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Thanks mrbojangles, the timing belt was just replaced!, the owner before kept really good care of it because theres stacks of reciepts and a diary of maintenance intervals :D

That's excellent. Gotta love when the previous owner has receipts!