PDA

View Full Version : iMessage Down?

Nauti_Buoy
10-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Apparently iMessage is down in many parts of the world? Nice work Apple.

Info (http://www.cultofmac.com/198201/widespread-imessage-outage-affecting-many-users-around-the-world/)

Mibz
10-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

CanmoreOrLess
10-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Been using it all day with no issues and now I just sent one and my iPhone is stuck at "Sending". Is everyone now testing to see if it is down and this is causing a backlog?

Same message sent from my Mac and it is delivered with no issues.... iPhone still stuck. Seems to be an issue with Rogers (in my case) as I tried another Message and it too is stuck.

No issue really, Skype and emails are working.... much ado about nothing. Oh and there is always that phone thing, something to do with voice communication.

dewytrain
10-25-2012, 04:05 PM
End of the world is coming sooner than we thought.

MilanoRedTeg
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I was smashing my phone on my desk for nothing I guess

urrforce
10-25-2012, 04:15 PM
lol that would explain a lot i thought it was my phone everything is hanging in sending status for me.

03ozwhip
10-25-2012, 04:17 PM
ya its every provider in canada as far as i know, in different parts of the world also. see, apple isnt the be all end all!

now if this was blackberry, you guys would be saying "burn the motherfucker down!" lol

roopi
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
ya its every provider in canada as far as i know, in different parts of the world also. see, apple isnt the be all end all!

now if this was blackberry, you guys would be saying "burn the motherfucker down!" lol

Rim stock would go down 10 percent as well. At least Apple stock is going down due to earnings.

Cos
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM

rage2
10-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Second time it's been down in the last 3 months. Each time it's been about 2-3 hours.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Originally posted by roopi
Rim stock would go down 10 percent as well. At least Apple stock is going down due to earnings.
There's a big difference between Rim (mostly targetting businesses) and Apple (mostly targetting consumers). Businesses care about uptime, 5 9's SLAs, where as consumer driven businesses doesn't adhere to any SLAs. Facebook goes down. YouTube goes down, and nobody really cares (except during the outage).

That and iMessage outages of an hour or 2 has a backup via sending over SMS, where as Rim outages lasts much longer and has no backup.

EK 2.0
10-25-2012, 07:20 PM
As a current Blackberry and BBM user...

I have to just chime in and say....hahahahahahaha.....

Maxx Mazda
10-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

What the hell is a "blackberry" ??? :dunno:

rage2
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

You're about 3 hours late in your response. All systems are up long ago haha.

JustinMCS
10-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Second time it's been down in the last 3 months. Each time it's been about 2-3 hours.

There's a big difference between Rim (mostly targetting businesses) and Apple (mostly targetting consumers). Businesses care about uptime, 5 9's SLAs, where as consumer driven businesses doesn't adhere to any SLAs. Facebook goes down. YouTube goes down, and nobody really cares (except during the outage).

That and iMessage outages of an hour or 2 has a backup via sending over SMS, where as Rim outages lasts much longer and has no backup.

So are you saying it's alright for iPhone to be down because they don't target business? Consumers also care about up time. People are right, if this were RIM down, they would be bitching about it. Fact is, iMessage is a copycat service that will also have it's downtime but it's not chastised in the same way.

rage2
10-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
So are you saying it's alright for iPhone to be down because they don't target business? Consumers also care about up time. People are right, if this were RIM down, they would be bitching about it. Fact is, iMessage is a copycat service that will also have it's downtime but it's not chastised in the same way.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between reaction of consumers vs businesses in terms of downtime. Of course consumers care, but it's not mission critical. If a cloud service provider such as Salesforce or Gmail, or in this example Rim goes down for an extended period of time, businesses lose money, and they will pull out quick. They have SLAs with their customers, and if they're not met, the customers will find alternatives quickly.

Facebook, Youtube, Hotmail suffer from more downtime than Rim, yet they're not chastised the same way as Rim. Hell, YouTube is build on cheap networks purchased when all the fibre built during the dotcom boom collapsed. It works, it's cheap, but it's not reliable. While that works for a consumer driven model, it would not even pass an RFP if say Rim used such a model for their bandwidth.

If Apple ever goes after the business sector (I doubt they are because the iPhone isn't very business security friendly with no sign of improvements), they'll be held to the same standards.

kenny
10-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between reaction of consumers vs businesses in terms of downtime. Of course consumers care, but it's not mission critical.

BBM is not mission critical. There is still emails and text messages to fall back on. The only time people really bitched was when the entire service went down.

rage2
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by kenny
BBM is not mission critical. There is still emails and text messages to fall back on. The only time people really bitched was when the entire service went down.
That's what I was referring to if I wasn't being clear.

kenny
10-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Ahh... just making sure :P

EK 2.0
10-26-2012, 09:24 AM

You're about 3 hours late in your response. All systems are up long ago haha.

Oh...well then carry on...

EK69
10-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Are there issues again today? I don't think I had issues the day this thread was made but my iMessages aren't going thru today :dunno: