PDA

View Full Version : Westjet reservation...strange

C_Dave45
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about Westjet. Never had a problem, have transferred flights, received flight credits, haven't paid surcharges where I technically should have....but I just booked a flight and ran into something rather annoying:

1. Booked a flight
2. Came to the "seat selection" page...
3. Paid the $10 to select my seat...selected seat
4. Pressed "continue" and it takes me back to same page saying "you cannot select your seat until you finish paying for your flight". Okay..so I click "skip seat selection"
5. Paid for flight (which included the $10 seat charge)
6 Went back to seat selection page, and when I went to select seat it comes back with an error: "You cannot select your seat until 24 hours before departure". :banghead:

Why am I pre-paying for a seat selection when I have to wait until the day I'm flying? I could just wait until the day I fly and not pay for the seat selection and get one assigned when I check in at the airport??

Is that the deal? you pay $10 just so you can select a seat the same day...when the flight is almost full??

And if that's the case, why have the seat selection page come up when I'm booking the flight? Why not only come up when you "web check in" 24 hours before departure?

Hmmmmmm....?

:dunno:

Mibz
10-26-2012, 11:07 AM
This way everybody pays up front with no refunds.

People would go to select their seat, see that most good seats were taken and then go back and unselect it.

kenny
10-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I think something is broken. It should let you select a seat right away if you are paying for it. Otherwise, he's paying for nothing because at the 24 hour mark seat selection becomes free for everyone.

Mibz
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Pretty sure it only becomes available to those who had paid and those who didn't pay get assigned when they check i.... Oh.

You're right.

R-Audi
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Just call in.. they will fix it.

hurrdurr
10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Just a glitch.

Enjoy the hold times! :)

C_Dave45
10-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I think something is broken. It should let you select a seat right away if you are paying for it. Otherwise, he's paying for nothing because at the 24 hour mark seat selection becomes free for everyone.

Yup. Customer service got back to me saying she'd contact the IT dept as something went wrong. Then offered to let me select my seat for no charge.

Nothing but good things to say about them.

TomcoPDR
10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Where are you off to for your monthly honeymoon this time Dave??

ExtraSlow
10-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Nothing but good things to say about them.
Westjet customer service is pure win every single time I've dealt with them.

C_Dave45
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Haha...I wish. Wifey is going back to help her Dad..he's not doing well and it's the 1st anniversary of her Moms passing.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Westjet customer service is pure win every single time I've dealt with them.
Werd x2. Like an idiot I booked the return flight at 6:30 am thinking it was PM! Wife phoned customer service again...they changed it for her...no charge!!

TomcoPDR
10-27-2012, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Haha...I wish. Wifey is going back to help her Dad..he's not doing well and it's the 1st anniversary of her Moms passing.

Forgiveness!!!

http://www.jamillahwarner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/baby-foot-in-mouth-©-dinel--300x200.jpg

C_Dave45
10-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Forgiveness!!!

Nonsense! lol...fuhgettaboutit

Mar
10-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry, I'll do better next time.

II made that website)