PDA

View Full Version : Happy Eid...

EK 2.0
10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
I totally forgot about eid until a friend reminded me about it last night...so I have her to thank for the reminder haha...

Anyhow...

I wish all you all (muslim and non-muslim alike) a very Happy Eid.

I hope that you all get to spend time with your loved ones and share great memories as well as make new ones....after all, isn't that what eid is really all about??.....

May your day be filled with love, warmth happiness and prosperity...

Eid Mubarak!!...

Arif.

Disoblige
10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Happy Eid!

I was wondering why half my office was gone today. :D

urrforce
10-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Happy eid!!

is it like christmas?

JRSC00LUDE
10-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by urrforce
Happy eid!!

is it like christmas?

I really do not know either so I defer to the (hopefully) accuracy of wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid-ul-Fitr

:)

Originally posted by Wikipedia
Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan. This has to do with the communal aspects of the fast, which expresses many of the basic values of the Muslim community; e.g., empathy for the poor, charity, worship, steadfastness, patience etc. Fasting is also believed by some scholars to extol fundamental distinctions, lauding the power of the spiritual realm, while acknowledging the subordination of the physical realm. It also teaches a Muslim to stay away from worldly desires and to focus entirely on the Lord and thank Him for his blessings. It is a rejuvenation of the religion and it creates a stronger bond between the Muslim and his Lord. After the end of Ramadan, is a big celebration of Eid

To me, this seems to serve as a reminder and demonstation of the more human aspects of the faith.

Good reminder EK, it likely serves a lot of us well to see a little more of the real beliefs of the majority instead of only what is served up in the media regarding the few. :thumbsup:

CivicDXR
10-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Happy Eid!

I was wondering why half my office was gone today. :D

Same here, it seemed like we were missing a bunch of people.

EK 2.0
10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I really do not know either so I defer to the (hopefully) accuracy of wikipedia:

To me, this seems to serve as a reminder and demonstation of the more human aspects of the faith.

Good reminder EK, it likely serves a lot of us well to see a little more of the real beliefs of the majority instead of only what is served up in the media regarding the few. :thumbsup:

Wiki is right but you are wrong....haha....

There are 3 eid's a year...the one being observed today is eid-ul-adha or the eid of sacrifice....

It is to remind us of prophet ibrahim (abraham) and the day that he was willing to sacrifice his son to demonstrate his faith in god...and then just as he was about to sacrifice his son allah steps in and saves the day....

So the essence of the day is akin to christmas...in that time is spent with family and friends...celebrating, sharing time together...and just enjoying the love and warmth...

JRSC00LUDE
10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Wiki is right but you are wrong....haha....

There are 3 eid's a year...the one being observed today is eid-ul-adha or the eid of sacrifice....

It is to remind us of prophet ibrahim (abraham) and the day that he was willing to sacrifice his son to demonstrate his faith in god...and then just as he was about to sacrifice his son allah steps in and saves the day....

So the essence of the day is akin to christmas...in that time is spent with family and friends...celebrating, sharing time together...and just enjoying the love and warmth...

Awesome, thanks!

There is not likely a topic I am any more ignorant on than that of Islam to be quite honest, the more you know! :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Awesome, thanks!

There is not likely a topic I am any more ignorant on than that of Islam to be quite honest, the more you know! :thumbsup:

The fact that you are willing to learn, and seek out information doesn't display ignorance to me...If you were closed minded and dismissive then that displays ignorance...

I've said time and time again that I am one of the worst examples of a muslim anyone will ever encounter...but I've learned and am learning all I can about my "faith" as so I know exactly why I am breaking the rules that I am breaking...no excuses for breaking them but I know the reasoning behind the rules haha...

sdevils15
10-26-2012, 02:10 PM
It is the reason for cab shortages this weekend. So I read.

urrforce
10-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by sdevils15

well one of the reasons

but enjoy your holiday

Tik-Tok
10-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by sdevils15

Fuck. I should rent a mini-van, and slap a for hire sign on it, lol.

amear
10-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Fuck. I should rent a mini-van, and slap a for hire sign on it, lol.
:rofl: