PDA

View Full Version : pet cremation

lilmira
10-26-2012, 11:05 PM
My little girl passed away tonight. Hope she is in better place now.

Anyone one knows much about the cremation service at the humane society? I checked the website, there is a link to a file that I can't open.

http://www.calgaryhumane.ca/page.aspx?pid=262

FraserB
10-26-2012, 11:16 PM
$140-$175 for private (only your pet), $35-$150 for general.

Very sorry for your loss:cry:

lilmira
10-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks, I'll phone them tomorrow morning. I'm all tied up tomorrow, the soonest I can stop by will be sunday. RIP girl.

StinkyMahoney
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Sorry to read about your loss. I had two dogs cremated at two different vets. I can't remember the cost but on my second pup I had a pretty cool memorial dog paw print done and a tuft of her hair.

I'm not religious but have a spiritual side...especially for animals. I took both my dogs to a special place and spread their ashes so when I walk there I feel like they are bouncing along with me in some shape or form.

Each to their own....obviously it's a very personal thing. I hope you find the perfect way to remember your friend!

Kritafo
10-29-2012, 09:30 AM
sorry for your loss. We did the paw print. I love having it, just can't put it out yet quite yet.

lilmira
10-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info. I took her to the humane society yesterday for private cremation. I'm getting an urn to keep her in the house with us. There is a colour which matches her coat so I'm happy about that. The private cremation is 140 and the urn is about 30-40. Totally forgot about the paw print, I'm gonna phone them and see if it's too late.

She is my first dog. The feeling didn't sink in first but now I'm missing her. RIP girl

Edit: too late, she's cremated this morning. It's all meant to be. At least I gave her a couple toys and a japanese costume to go with. I'm going to make a photo book for her.

Tezzating
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Our vet took care of all that for us; our old guy had throat cancer and needed to be put to sleep tho. We got a simple pine box made that he's in now, with his collar and tags sitting ontop with a few photos.

Sorry about your loss.

403Gemini
10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry for your loss, my dog is basically my daughter (sounds dumb to those that don't *get it* but I don't care), so I can't imagine your loss. It really bugs me knowing that she's halfway done her life and it's tough to imagine a life without her... so all the best.

Bladeh
10-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss,

Almost a year to the day I had to put Lincoln down, miss him even to this day, wasn't offered a paw print, would have had it for sure!