PDA

View Full Version : Autotrader.ca ?

binton
10-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi I just have a question about autotrader.ca. I've been looking for a car for a while on kijiji and I've noticed that a lot of cars in contrast to kijiji on autotrader are a lot better in terms of cost. Now I know about the if it sounds too good to be true cliche, but has anyone ever bought a vehicle from this site?

jdmXSI
10-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Autotrader has been around far longer than Kijiji and believe it or not it might even pre-date the Internet. But you might be too young to realize that.

NoMoreG35
10-26-2012, 11:36 PM
I did... Maybe I was just lucky :nut:

Kloubek
10-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Autotrader is entirely legit. However, many of the "too good to be true" ads on there are not. In fact, I'd say they have far more bs ads on there than Kijiji.

So, shop with care.

dirtsniffer
10-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Autotrader has been around far longer than Kijiji and believe it or not it might even pre-date the Internet. But you might be too young to realize that.

Haha oh man. I'm getting old.

rage2
10-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Haha oh man. I'm getting old.
Remember the 6am lineups at the Autotrader Office on a Thursday morning to get the print copy before anyone to get dibs on fresh listings? :rofl:

D'z Nutz
10-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Remember the 6am lineups at the Autotrader Office on a Thursday morning to get the print copy before anyone to get dibs on fresh listings? :rofl:

Haha and by Thursday evening anything good was already gone. Those Autotrader books only had a shelf life of about 1 day, 2 tops.

speedog
10-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Bought my first car through the Auto Trader, still have a copy of that ad and still have the car - that was 29 years ago.

Mar
10-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I got my Civic from there but it was from a dealership and it was only a couple of months old so there really wasn't much that could have gone wrong.

corsvette
10-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I think the last print edition trader I looked at had maybe 20 pages, that was the national coast to coast equipment trader for heavy trucks and machinery. I remember when that book was 250-300 pages. It cost me $1300 for a full page black and white for the monthly book and $700 bi weekly for the Alberta only book. My sales rep for Trader was making well over 100k yearly back in the good days, they packaged most of the sales reps out a few years back. I remember my rep telling me sites like Kijiji will never catch on, then after Kijiji started to gain speed the Trader group had an oppertunity to buy them out. Trader WAS a huge money maker back then, now im really suprised they even print books anymore.

Xtrema
10-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Haha and by Thursday evening anything good was already gone. Those Autotrader books only had a shelf life of about 1 day, 2 tops.

Shit. Memories.

Originally posted by Kloubek
Autotrader is entirely legit. However, many of the "too good to be true" ads on there are not. In fact, I'd say they have far more bs ads on there than Kijiji.

So, shop with care.

So much shit since they allow free posts. Even more than Kijiji.

Maybelater
10-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI

Horse shit

thetransporter
10-27-2012, 11:25 PM
lol remember the bargain finder-

every Thursday.

and then came the online version- but that wasnt free - only print.