PDA

View Full Version : Need a new accupuncturist!

ricosuave
10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
The one I've been seeing is closing up shop!

Any beyonders have a recommendation for a good accupuncturist, preferably in the NW, NE?

Also, any idea what the hourly rate is?

Thanks!

austic
10-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Hidden Valley Health Centre 10085 Hidden Valley Drive NW.
Cindy is the girl there who does it.

clem24
10-29-2012, 08:36 AM
I've been going to Sawa Health Group for the past 2 years (NE professional buildling by Franklin station) and it's made such a difference that I now go monthly. Dr. Sawa's technique is so good that I always end up falling asleep and snoring loudly on the table hahaha. If you do go, you'll have to be assessed by another doc (Dr. Chan) first before you get the accu.

chibwack
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
What benefits does accu provide? I've always thought about going for massages, but I'm open to new ideas.

clem24
10-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by chibwack
What benefits does accu provide? I've always thought about going for massages, but I'm open to new ideas.

For me, it relaxes and calms my body, and is a huge stress reducer. I was pretty skeptical at first; was never a believer in it. But after going about 6 months, I found that I couldn't live without it! It's weird to say the least. When I am lying there and he puts in the needles, I initially feel just a prick and then maybe like 2-3 minutes after that, I can literally feel my body start to relax and shut down. Another 5 minutes and I am seriously off snoring loudly in la-la land. He leaves me in there for a good 30 minutes, sometimes more, and when I wake up, I am not drowsy at all, unlike a nap at home. Dr. Sawa is actually really good. Highly recommend that you at least it give a try. There's really no harm IMO.

ExtraSlow
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
A little bit in between "traditional" accupunture and physio, but I've been getting some dry needling done, and it seem spretty effective.

I find I'm pretty good at relaxing when I make time for it, so I don't need anything for that.

wintonyk
10-30-2012, 08:27 AM
i swear by acupuncture. when i hurt my back acupuncture was what got me moving again.

To OP, not quite your area but Dr. Nelson at powerhealth right near chinook is fantastic. She studied acupuncture in china for a while too.