PDA

View Full Version : anyone else black out? (drinking)

Dumbass17
10-29-2012, 04:51 AM
so i had a halloween pub crawl over the weekend.
i am trying to replay events in my mind..the last thing i remember is near the damn beginning of the night. we went to another pub, i know this because i remember leaving it. but i have absolutely no recollection of actually gettnig to said pub, or being inside. and we were there for hours.
i didn't even drink that much.
i have had this happen with only a few drinks or with many many drinks. i do not like this. i do not enjoy this but i do love the social aspect of drinking and the buzz but there is a fine line.

does anyone else experience complete utter black outs like this?! i can lose an entire night, we're talking 6 hours where i don't know what happened, who i was with, what was said etc.

i feel like a piece of shit

spikerS
10-29-2012, 06:03 AM
LOL!

In my youth, I have black out whole nights. Like my 22nd birthday. We went to the bar around 3pm, and by 8, I don't remember a damn thing. I met some friends of mine for the first time that night, saying they walked in and I was on stage, stripped down, riding a chair backwards like it was a bull.

I don't remember a damn thing that night after doing 5 prarie fires in a row.

They say it is a good thing I am a happy drunk. But to be honest, that night scared me so much, I have not done it again in the past 11 years.

Benny
10-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Hasn't happened to me much recently but when I was a bit younger I would have nights where I couldn't remember a damn thing in the morning. Wake up somewhere and no idea how I got there. For the most part it was all good and I made responsible decisions while I was super piled. I didn't really stress it.

Sometimes you gotta just put er on auto-pilot. :rofl:

firebane
10-29-2012, 07:03 AM
I can black out sometimes after a couple of beers.. other times it takes a few drinks.

Few years back I walked over 2 hours to get home and hardly remembered a thing. I woke up the next morning wondering how I got home.

davidI
10-29-2012, 07:16 AM
I black out all the time. I call it time traveling.

People think I'm a fun drunk and I always seem to manage to get safely in bed (with a hot female or alone) with all of my belongings. I think I'm more responsible and have better game when I'm time traveling than when I'm sober!!

Only bad part is when I have $500+ expenses show up on my visa statement for a night I don't even remember. :facepalm:

Type_S1
10-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Yup....happens to me quite often, usually only with an excessive amount of shots though.

CompletelyNumb
10-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Shots are the devil. Start getting in to them and I will likely stop making new memories.

lilmira
10-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Usually good times, it happened to us on a Vegas trip of 3.5days drinking spree. It's like putting a puzzle together when we are talking to each other after and there is a phone number on my phone which I still have no idea how it got there.

zipdoa
10-29-2012, 08:09 AM
lol... sounds like there's some potential for alcoholism in this thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(alcohol-related_amnesia)

Feruk
10-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
lol... sounds like there's some potential for alcoholism in this thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(alcohol-related_amnesia)
Truth. I had a buddy who would black out on BSD from noon-ish till midnight. He'd be out all night and remember none of it. Now... well on his way to rampant alcoholism. But he's not sucking anyone off for a taste of that sweet liquor yet, so not quite there.

ExtraSlow
10-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Back in my university days I used to black out often. I'm down to maybe once a year now. I do find that if I drink only bottled beer for the entire evening, and have a pint or two of water early in the night, I'm in much better shape. Nothing revolutionary I know, but I find that it works, and it simple enough to remember even with a buzz.

If people are getting into the shots, and you want to stop that from continuing, try suggesting boat races. It's no big thing to put back a half dozen or more shots within about an hour. But no group I've even ben out with does six boat races without a bunch of puking. It's a volume issue.

Stay safe out there, and remember::winter:

kaput
10-29-2012, 08:29 AM

FraserB
10-29-2012, 08:31 AM
I once woke up in a Princeton University bathroom hugging a toilet. No memory of the previous 10 hours except knowing that I managed to down a bottle and a half of Jack Daniels.

The train ride from Princeton into New York took me 3 hours (usually a 45 minute ride) because I had to get off the train at each station, throw up, wait for the next train and then get back on.

That night was just the culmination of a solid 4 days of binge drinking/partying. I had to throw out 2 pairs of pants and a pair of shoes because they were saturated with alcohol.

To this day, even smelling JD will make me physically ill.

eblend
10-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Seeing my dad drink heavily and crawl home in my childhood made me not drink at all. I like to stay in control, and now at 28 the most drinking I did would be in mexico where I ordered a smoothy without alcohol but they still put alcohol into it haha.

Really don't like the taste of alcohol so for me I am not missing much, and reading this thread makes me realize that even though I am going against all stereotypes, I prefer it my way (I am Russia haha)

Chester
10-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Used to black out all the time, now only on special occasions and its never planned lol.
I just hate the feeling of waking up in the morning and having no idea where I am, how I got there or how I managed to spend $400 in one night.

Type_S1
10-29-2012, 08:51 AM
It honestly probably takes about 10 beers+15-20 shots for me to blackout completely. This is an excessive amount of booze for a guy who doesn't even enjoy drinking.

Good thing with a gf you usually make it back to where you are supposed to be one way or another.

chibwack
10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
When I started drinking (~19) I rarely blacked out, despite my best efforts for some reason I'd rarely get even drunk, despite dropping $200 on vodka's. I blame it on being a super awkward little shit that couldn't get comfortable with the people he was with.

Then I went to school when I was ~21, sure learned how to drink there. I don't entirely black out, but things get very, very foggy (I remember being at Mcdonalds, but not when or how or who with, I remember walking home with these people, etc). I can never remember people I meet at that point, or what I say though. And I find a lot of phone numbers in my phone with no recollection of even talking to girls.

But I agree. There's nothing worse than waking up and checking the pockets to find 4 ATM slips. And then find out they were on the credit card because you lost your debit... Besides that drunk me takes mighty good care of myself. Never lost anything important, rarely hook up with girls I wouldn't have went for while sober, never start fights or get arrested, etc.

effingidiot
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
People in Calgary - and Alberta in general - have severe drinking issues. I'm sure it's related to boom-bust economic cycles brought about by the oil and gas industry. That, plus a lot of people just don't have any goals in life :dunno:

FixedGear
10-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Seeing my dad drink heavily and crawl home in my childhood made me not drink at all. I like to stay in control, and now at 28 the most drinking I did would be in mexico where I ordered a smoothy without alcohol but they still put alcohol into it haha.

Really don't like the taste of alcohol so for me I am not missing much, and reading this thread makes me realize that even though I am going against all stereotypes, I prefer it my way (I am Russia haha)

:thumbsup:

2Legit2Quit
10-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by effingidiot
People in Calgary - and Alberta in general - have severe drinking issues. I'm sure it's related to boom-bust economic cycles brought about by the oil and gas industry. That, plus a lot of people just don't have any goals in life :dunno:
You should see how much maritimers drink, now that area has a drinking problem.

flipstah
10-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Wow, you guys drink hard.

I don't understand why you would drink to that point. I've only done it once in my life and BSD 2012 was the most fun/painful experience in my life.

Never have I puked for HOURS. I did learn valuable things though:

- Never drink vodka and beer together
- Never buy Wybrova because it's silky smooth
- Never party on BSD when you have finals the next day

I remember puking at the beer gardens then somehow, I ended up in the Administration building, hugging a toilet seat.

Never again.

austic
10-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Last Halloween I had the weirdest night. I remember the start up until 6pm then the end 12-4am sort of thing...but what happened in between the two points I have no clue.

I blame the everclear punch....

ercchry
10-29-2012, 09:49 AM
"hey you know what would be a good idea on this 10 hour pub crawl?!, every time gangnam style comes on we have to do shots! twice if we are on a bus at the time"

... remember first and second stops, won a jackpot at the slots at cowboys... remember shots with a ballerina... remember hot loofah's boyfriend getting mad that i was talking to her.

think that stuff happened at the third stop... then ?????? bouncer, many bouncer... cant breath... ????? laying on ground ???? punched in face!

:rofl:

getting waaay too old for this. hard to explain black eyes at work

Vagabond142
10-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Annnnnd people wonder why I DON'T drink :eek:

sdevils15
10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I black out all the time. I wont even be that drunk but its like i have a switch and my brain just shuts off. Once we start talking the next day i can piece things back together.

bituerbo
10-29-2012, 10:35 AM
St. Patty's 2012: "Kirby? Are you sure? Either your name changed, or you're not the girl I started with."

DeleriousZ
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Haha jesus, I can't wait to hear some of the xmas party stories after this thread.

In my younger days I used to party once in a while, but very rarely was it every weekend or hard drinking. It just got too expensive, and just got old honestly. I eventually stopped seeing the enjoyment of it. I'll do it once in a while now, but a lot less after developing GERD that leads to brutal heartburn after drinking any kind of alcohol.

jaylo
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

Are you a Mormon?

There's nothing wrong with drinking moderately unless your Religion bans you from it

zipdoa
10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jaylo

Are you a Mormon?

There's nothing wrong with drinking moderately unless your Religion bans you from it

or you're an athlete/bodybuilder/all-round healthy dude/extreme pc gamer comeatmebro :winter:

Originally posted by bituerbo
St. Patty's 2012: "Kirby? Are you sure? Either your name changed, or you're not the girl I started with."

Graham_A_M
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Really? I was at a bar on 10th ave a few weekends ago with a few friends, and next to us was a group of Asians just sipping water. It's like, why are you even here? :nut: they weren't even eating either.

Vagabond142
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Well, I will have alcohol rarely, like a shot to celebrate a birthday, engagement, new job, etc. But I don't drink recreationally, because, honestly, I just don't feel the need to. :dunno:

I don't need to drink to "have fun," as it were. Lots of other things to do that are fun and don't involve waking up in a tree, in my underwear, wondering where the hell I am :D

chibwack
10-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't need to drink to "have fun," as it were.

And I don't need plum sauce for my spring rolls, but they're sure not the same without it...

spikerS
10-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by chibwack

And I don't need plum sauce for my spring rolls, but they're sure not the same without it...

Nothing like waking up in a ditch in Montana, wondering how the hell you got across the border...

GS430
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by chibwack

I work with a guy who doesn't drink, seems like his life is so damn boring. I think everyone who says they don't drink is secretly sad inside.

I rarely drink during the week unless it's wine or something nice on the rocks, but weekends were made for boooooze.

msommers
10-29-2012, 12:52 PM
I wish I blacked out but I end up remembering a lot from the previous night. I've done a lot of stupid shit when I'm bombed and I can't even use the excuse "what....I don't remember that!"

HiTempguy1
10-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

- Never buy Wybrova because it's silky smooth

This Halloween, I have never saw a bottle of vodka drank so quick. 10 minutes from when it opened, gone with 4 guys doing shots after we had about 6 beers in each of us. I :love: Wybrova.

I was definitely "in the club gettin' tipsy".

I haven't been blackout drunk since I was 19 (now 24). I drank a whole thing of Crown to myself. I don't drink rye/whiskey anymore :barf:

Of course, we have a Vegas trip coming up next August, I need to prepare my liver. :guns:

kvg
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I wish I blacked out but I end up remembering a lot from the previous night. I've done a lot of stupid shit when I'm bombed and I can't even use the excuse "what....I don't remember that!"

I'm with ya man:banghead:

03ozwhip
10-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I've only ever blacked out twice, both times were unplanned drinking nights and both times were at my current house. I have a buddy that drinks til he blacks out every time he drinks.

Some poeple on here know him, so I won't say his name, but he likes to piss on absolutely anything when he is drunk, including laying down and trying to piss under the gap of a door, just to name one pissing incident.

rx7boi
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Cause you're too busy playing WoW in your room?

PS: I share an account with rx7boi, not the one that you PM trooololol.

Clever
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I was in Vegas in June of this year and reading week of last year, I blacked out on both the first night of drinking. Last year was really bad as I apparently tried to fight a pimp, a bunch of college guys and the security at our hotel. This year was more tame, walked all over the strip and kept drinking and only tried to fight my buddy. But I believe I've narrowed it down to the 3-4 fat Tuesdays that I was drinking not including shots that caused them. So next Vegas trip, no more Fat Tuesdays for me.

HiTempguy1
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Clever
So next Vegas trip, no more Fat Tuesdays for me.

Blasphemy! What's the point in going to Vegas if you can't get wasted on Fat Tuesdays??

Graham_A_M
10-29-2012, 03:34 PM
^ what's "fat Tuesday"? I've never been to Vegas.

DeleriousZ
10-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Fat tuesday = mardi gras.

max_boost
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Have never blacked out but have been drunk many times. I like to remember what's going on. Hit the happy drunk stage and settle in nicely.

I gotta say though, can't drink as much/party as hard as before. I hate feeling like crap the next day. I am partied out.

Skidro
10-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Have a huge meal before or while drinking and then you can drink huge amounts..
Usually pregame with vodka/beer and then tequila shots at the club

GS430
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Skidro
Have a huge meal before or while drinking and then you can drink huge amounts..
Usually pregame with vodka/beer and then tequila shots at the club

Truth.

I ALWAYS eat pasta on my birthday before going out, or if I know I'm going to drink a lot.

Saves my life lol

eblend
10-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by GS430

I think everyone who says they don't drink is secretly sad inside.

One could argue the other way around as well, that their life is so boring they need to spice it up with alcohol as they don't know how to enjoy life normally..or using alcohol to cope with their own sadness inside. Shit goes both ways, whether a person drinks or not doesn't really dictate how they are in the rest of their life.

Dumbass17
10-29-2012, 04:29 PM
well to be honest..i'm glad i'm not alone.

and like most of you, i hate myself the next morning.

i've been pretty good with controlling it, like stopping myself when i feel the line of blackout coming.

i'm never an ass when i drink though, i don't get in fights or lose things and i always always manage to get into either my own bed or crash at a friends, so i'm a responsible blackout person. i don't drive or anything like that either.

but still..too old for this. it's pathetic

WhippWhapp
10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Drink on a full stomach, NEVER do shots, stick to light beers.

Almost forgot... stay away from narcotics.

Manhattan
10-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Been so drunk that I hardly remember the night before only once, maybe twice before. Partied for 6 or 7 hours but only remember bits and pieces here and there. My friends told me about stuff I did that I had no memory of. Honestly it was tons of fun but was I ever hurtin the next day. :barf:

I'd probably do it more if not for the bruuuuuutal hangover. All the brain cell damage probably isn't great either.

EDIT: Ya sticking to beers is good for keeping a steady pace but a lot of people need 4 of them to get a buzz going. So not great for a quick pre-game. Plus u are probably downing thousands of calories in the process.

Mar
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by effingidiot
Come to Newfoundland, my friend. I've drank cases of beer and then followed it with beer chugging contests, then followed that with rum chugging contests. Only blacked out twice though. Once I called my mom to come pick me up and when she asked me where I was it took me by surprise. I had to tell her I'll call her back after I found out.

Otherwise I don't really drink often, maybe once every couple of months. I get drunk maybe once a year.

thetransporter
10-29-2012, 10:38 PM
now I know where Britney Spears' got the name for her Album.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Britneyspears-blackout.jpg/220px-Britneyspears-blackout.jpg

Boosted131
10-29-2012, 10:46 PM
I remember my 1st beer... I fall asleep before blacking out :zzz:

FixedGear
10-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp
Drink on a full stomach, NEVER do shots, stick to light beers.

Almost forgot... stay away from narcotics.

Except for cocaine, which is the ultimate antidote for alcohol. :devil:

Maybelater
10-30-2012, 12:56 AM
I haven't black out in a long-time, probably when I was a teenager.

On the weekend I drank pretty heavily for the first time in over a year at least and I didn't forget anything. Spent the entire following day in bed though. :(

Cooked Rice
10-30-2012, 01:10 AM
I get drowsy and go to sleep before I black out. If I drink too much, I throw it up before anything like passing out is able to happen.