PDA

View Full Version : By popular request.....

ninjak84
09-18-2002, 08:45 PM
heres a list of all the screw up that i know of from speedville, someone asked for a list.
1: we've all seen the mitsubishi cavalier. it is turbo'd and has a shot of NOS, yet it still makes 17+ second runs. something is wrong here.
2: when carl ordered my rims in, he ordered the wonr gones in. twice. the second time, i decided to take them cause they looked good and i got a mad deal on them (they're on my car now)
3: my friends $8000 kit from germany took almost 8 months for everything to come in. and the rear end came in cracked the first time. 8 MONTHS!
4: my other friend laid out $2200 for a new paint job. what a mistake. speedville didnt even take his tailights off, and got paint all over the altezzas. also, there is drips on the car roughly the size of your pinky finger all around. he had to go back and threaten to get it fixed.
5: i called carl to order my springs (eibachs) in, and he told me to call him back in a few days. when i called him, he said, "i have to call my supplier, dont go anywhere, i'll call you right back in 5 minutes". still waiting carl.
6: there is a 240sx undergoing the SR20DET engine swap. carl has been working on it for close to 6 months now. 6 months, this guy has been waiting for his 240.
7: a black integra with a type R swap came in for an oil change that was supposed to take a half hour. it ended up taking almost a week.
8: my car went in there to get its rims put on. a 5 minute job. i waited for AN HOUR with a friend in the store, and he didnt even start it yet. we left and i came back another day.

my fingers hurt from typing. thats MY beef with speedville.

max_boost
09-18-2002, 08:47 PM
OH man, I am definitely never going to speedville if what you said above is true

Ekliptix
09-18-2002, 09:07 PM
RPM took 8 months to get my euro corners when I got them a few years ago!

Speedville took about 2 months to get my Magnaflow muffler in.

rage2
09-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
6: there is a 240sx undergoing the SR20DET engine swap. carl has been working on it for close to 6 months now. 6 months, this guy has been waiting for his 240.

It takes time, waiting for parts, etc. My 944 took about 6 months before the engine started up again. Another 2 months was spent tuning the car daily. Last I heard that 240 is started and running pretty decent, it's in the tuning stage now.

Just because building up an engine takes 2 weeks labour doesn't mean it'll be done in 2 weeks... shops are usually working on multiple projects at a time. Once the project starts, there's always going to be a wait for parts because something is missing... especially when doing big mods.

ninjak84
09-18-2002, 09:38 PM
i think 6 months is FAR too long. thats 6 months of install, i dont even know how long it took to order.

LaughingTiger
09-18-2002, 09:49 PM
I've been there!! Carl is the only one working in there most of the
time.. so he tries to do 10 jobs at once..

I can understand the wait from germany.. it does take a few months, but Carl probabley never got around to ordering it
for 4 or 5 months later "sorry I forgot":thumbsdow

The guy tells you one price... then when you leave he thinks you
forget or forgets him self, then tells you a higher price.. Oh did I
mention he has no f**cking taste, you should have seen some
of the stuff he tried to sell me... shit!!:rofl:

There is one good thing about Speedville.... It is easier
to bargen with the guy...

rage2
09-18-2002, 10:02 PM
i think 6 months is FAR too long. thats 6 months of install, i dont even know how long it took to order.

I've seen project cars that's taken WAY longer than 6 months. I mean, unless it's a full blown kit with all the parts for installation, it's gonna take a long time. That's the downside for custom work.

Maxt
09-18-2002, 10:09 PM
This is the first thread I have ever read on this Forum, and sadly, its a bunch of shit in it..
I am a customer of speedvilles...
When it came to getting a front mount intercooler for my car, Carl was the only guy that ever got back to me, the only guy that checked on the availibity of the different kits, and the only guy that in the end, could get me a spearco, in a decent amount of time, he got it for me quickly and on time, and even threw in some freeby stuff for buying it from him. On my mufflers he got them for me in a day, and his price on wheels and tires is WAY LOWER than anyone else..
Now with the 240 sx crap, Karl is letting, out of the kindness of his heart, a kid called Adrian have pretty much free use of his shop to do the Sr20det conversion, Adrian didn't buy alot of his parts from Karl, but Karl still helped him out tons..And if Adrian is on here, he will probably back this up..
The Cavalier is not turbo'd and the Nitrous oxide kit is not in that car, the car runs 17 seconds because its a cavalier. The guy that owns the car is helping Karl out in the shop, its not a speedville creation, just a speedville customer/helper.
Umm 2200 for a paintjob, not at speedville then, he has a guy that does do colour matching for people who want to add a bodykit but are to cheap to get a whole paint job, you get what you pay for, and that was very unlikley 2200.
I am in there at least twice a week, and there has never been a black integra that was there for a week.
Is it Karls fault that manafacturers suck balls, no, it doesnt matter which shop sometimes, distributors and manafacturers fuck everyone over when it comes to shipping sometimes.. Karl spends more time tracking parts for people than anyone else would ever care to.
Sometimes, it takes awhile to get tires mounted, even at Kal tire it can take all day, Karl does most of the work himself, answers the phones himself, and puts up with every starry eyed no money chronic daydreamer who walks in asking for a price on twin turbo's for his Mx-6.
I have built enough cars and trucks over the years to know which shops are fucksticks and which arent, I have dealt with every speedshop in town, and been fucked by a few of them, but so far so good at Speedville. Karl tries his best and he is a pretty honest fellow, he has a family to support and works 6 days a week for 12 hours a day in that place, cut the man some slack..Maxt

92 Teg-B18A
09-18-2002, 10:32 PM
some people have bad luck at some stores, it's the way retail is

at the retail store I work at there have been customers that have been kinda screwed and totally not on purpose, it just happens

personally I would go and spend my hard earned pennies somewhere where I was going to be treated well. And to me that does sound like Speedville, I haven't been there but I'm sure Karl (Carl?) would be a great guy! He wouldn't be in the business if he wasn't gonna treat his customres right.

Fuji
09-18-2002, 10:42 PM
The SR20DET engine swap is being done by the mostly by owner with some help from Carl! The reason it has taken so long is because half of the manuals are in Japanese and they can't read them, along with the fact the owner of the car is taking his time to do a quality job.

Carl is just letting him use all his tools, shop and helping him with the install. I think speedville does a pretty good job for a one man show.

ninjak84
09-18-2002, 10:47 PM
carl is a great guy, but he puts way too much on his plate.
im sure he has tons of customers that are satisfied, and yes he has a family to support, but he has to remember that he's there to do a job.

i used to be in there EVERY day, and back when ryan still worked there we planned trips and everything. then things got ugly (dont ask), and ryan left. since then, carl hasnt really tried to get more help in the garage, and the place has suffered from it. he even lost me, and i swore i would be there until the place closed.

carl even made me some custom speedville decals for my car, but after watching and listening to him BS half my friends and me, its pretty tough to go back.

call me stupid, but i figure if im laying down a couple large every time i go into a place, i expect to get the right product, within a reasonable time. thats business.

SHO
09-18-2002, 10:50 PM
I think this thread is great. I understand that the Shops in this instance (Speedville) is some how responsable for the lateness of the order. Try educating yourselfs beforeyou shove both your feet in your mouths. Do you think Speedville goes.

1.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and sits on it for 8 months???" Probably not.

2.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and secretly concieves a evil plan on making you wait???" Probably not.

3.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and sends the order to the Mexican's as it is cheeper but it will take 8 months???" Probably not.

4.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and go in the back room filled with 12 year old kids where all the car parts are secretly made Time to completion say... 8 months???" Probably not.

5.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and place the Order immediatly hoping to please you and get your stuff in a timely matter. But alas the muffler you want is made in the USA and unfortunatly 20 million other Americans also want it hmmm...BACKORDER. Possiably!!!

Not to mention that Companies like Speedville DO NOT own or have any shares in UPS so they really have no control when things get held up at the CAN/US border. Please understand that car parts that arn't made by the manufacture like HONDA are Custom so they can be expensive and limited in production levels.

You want quick and cheap go to Mc Donalds.

ninjak84
09-18-2002, 10:53 PM
MaxT:
-the black integra was there last winter for the oil job.
-the guy with the green cavalier actually is a car painter. he painted my friends car, and did the shittiest job ive ever seen. carl recommended him.
-ive never met adrian, but carl told me HE was doing the swap.
-the cavalier has NOS stickers all over, i just assumed it was truth

LaserRS
09-19-2002, 06:33 AM
MaxT:
-the black integra was there last winter for the oil job.
-the guy with the green cavalier actually is a car painter. he painted my friends car, and did the shittiest job ive ever seen. carl recommended him.
-ive never met adrian, but carl told me HE was doing the swap.
So why keep going there then if you don't like them?

Dirty_SOHC
09-19-2002, 07:18 AM
MaxT:

I work with Adrian, that Cav does have NOS but he is to scared to hit it

Ekliptix
09-19-2002, 07:22 AM
the guy w/ the cavalier works there

Speed_RaSiR
09-19-2002, 08:44 AM
Mitsubishi Cavalier???

GT2NV
09-19-2002, 08:48 AM
ordered me the wrong kyb struts , he ordered to sets of fronts:nut:

5.9 R/T
09-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Quite frankly I would not choose a shop based solely on peoples opinions on here. You just cant tell what is bullshit and what is real. This thread is useless, a similar one could be started for EVERY shop in calgary. Where you choose to shop is your own choice and IMO most of the facts/opinions in this thread hold as much value as a chrysler K car.

ninjak84
09-19-2002, 01:05 PM
im not telling people not to go
but those are my reasons for not going

5.9 R/T
09-19-2002, 01:41 PM
im not telling people not to go
but those are my reasons for not going

You never directly said it, but...

Originally posted by max_boost
OH man, I am definitely never going to speedville if what you said above is true

I don't really care if you stop shopping at speedville for whatever reasons but if everyone here listed their reasons for not going to a specific shop the thread would be a few pages long. You said someone asked for a list, so couldn't you PM them? Karl/Carl isn't even on this board to defend/explain himself, so we are only getting one side of the story, when we all know that there are two sides to every story. A few months ago I probably wouldn't have cared about this, might have even thrown my 2 cents in about a local shop, but I know and understand better now. There really is nothing contructive coming out of this thread, and the reasoning behind it still eludes me.

kevie88
09-19-2002, 03:12 PM
Yeah, when shiz happens in businesses like these, there's not a lot you can do. Karl isn't sitting there wondering "how can I screw more people?" he's probably wondering "how come I can't find a professional supplier so I can run my business better?"

It's really hard to get good service (at both the supplier and at the retail level..) in a niche industry like this . Working at places like Blackfoot and Bow Cycle over the last 10 years I could tell you some horror stories about dumb shit I did (not a lot, but I did it from time to time) while trying my hardest to give honest, good service. Murphy's law came into play a lot.

shadowz
09-19-2002, 05:28 PM
I think this thread is bad because it is giving speedville a bad rep when I bet it actually does some good to people, certain people have bad experiences with different shops but thats life things cant always go our way........

MrX
09-19-2002, 06:59 PM
3: my friends $8000 kit from germany took almost 8 months for everything to come in. and the rear end came in cracked the first time. 8 MONTHS!

Unless you buy kits from the big distributors in the US (ie: Wings West) it's gonna take some time to get things in. Yes even 8 damn months. For one, most business who order custom kits from over seas wait for a few orders to stack up before they ship cos freight charges are expensive. If they didn't do this they'll have to either tell the customers to eat the shipping cost (which mostlikely isn't going to happen) or they could bite the cost themselves, which decreases their profits dramatically. I've imported lots of stuff from the UK and from a financial standpoint it doesn't make anysense to ship many small orders. In most cases parts will take 2-3 months to get in just cos I don't want to have many large shipping bills, and I don't want to hike up my prices for my customers to balance out the shipping cost.

Maxt
09-19-2002, 07:01 PM
I talked to Karl today, seems our little buddy Alex(Ninjak84), is a kid that had to get Grandpa to buy his rims for him, and when it came coughing up money for struts, guess who had none..
Ninjak84 also forgot to mention how many times speedville swapped his tires for free a few times when the weather turned bad and how they went out of their way to get him special locks and shit.. Well you're busted man, I think you have worn out your welcome there with this tirade of bullshit you posted..
I also learned that most of the derogatory comments made against speedville in this thread are by mere "kids" that must have nothing to do, but slag a shop for cheap thrills, some of the posts did not sit to well with Karl, you know who you are, and so does Karl, next time you want a good deal on parts, think twice about what you said..Maxt

5.9 R/T
09-19-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
I talked to Karl today, seems our little buddy Alex(Ninjak84), is a kid that had to get Grandpa to buy his rims for him, and when it came coughing up money for struts, guess who had none..
Ninjak84 also forgot to mention how many times speedville swapped his tires for free a few times when the weather turned bad and how they went out of their way to get him special locks and shit.. Well you're busted man, I think you have worn out your welcome there with this tirade of bullshit you posted..
I also learned that most of the derogatory comments made against speedville in this thread are by mere "kids" that must have nothing to do, but slag a shop for cheap thrills, some of the posts did not sit to well with Karl, you know who you are, and so does Karl, next time you want a good deal on parts, think twice about what you said..Maxt

Like I said, two sides to every story...

Hollywood
09-19-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

Well I'm with Maxx on this;

I am Adrian the owner of the SR20DET 240. I did do most of the work on the car because through this swap I have learned so much specifically about SR20DET's that most shops would not be able to do the mods i did safely. I also done work on another SR20 swap for another recognized shop even. "Ngyen" sorry I can't spell "Winn's" name properly, from Auto Dream did my wiring. Great guy too. The swap took 1 month 3 weeks not 8 months. Came in mid July and left first week of September.

You can say all kind of negative things about Karl but without his broad knowledge of cars and tunning my swap would have taken a lot longer for sure. Many things are custom made on my car, and Karl did do most of the custom work. He allways had idea's for fixing small and large problems with my car/swap, that most people could not come up with. Karl was there the whole install helping the whole time.

I can't believe some 11-teen year old "ninjak84" is talking shit about my car and speedville when all you have is a set of wheels as mods on your car. Most of my parts came from Japan, Trust, Grex(greddy), Blitz, Tomei, HKS. If you are any kind of a tuner you know that parts get delayed and sometimes you are at the mercy of the company and the wholesaler. A month and a half is not bad IMO for an engine rebuild/clean and swap with other things too. My car is a representative of speedille and does 0-60 in the 4.X seconds, brakes traction sideways in second gear with LSD and 265/35/18 Nitto Extreme 555 series tires! So talk any shit you want.

Try fitting this in your bumper and still retain your bumper support. Karl made it work.

http://tribes2.echostar.ca/project_aug15-IC/inter014.jpg

Here is a link on the FMIC install.
http://tribes2.echostar.ca/project3.html

rage2
09-19-2002, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the forums Hollywood. Marc (Alpine Autowerks) has told be a lot about your car. Excellent stuff.

LaughingTiger
09-19-2002, 09:32 PM
Looks like Ninjak84 just has beef with Karl...

Honestly.. the guy is very forgetful, dosen't even right stuff down..

he may try, but the customer service is bad.. but so is everywhere

He does have some of the cheapest prices in town..

especially rims and tires.... watch out he is sneaky though..

I guess we were to hard on him..:dunno:

And for the waiting part... mrx and SHO were right

It's not the retailers falt, have you ever delt w/ the distributer

sometimes they send you different pieces, and parts...

it takes forever if it's not coming from Canada...

Hollywood
09-19-2002, 09:33 PM
Thanks. I have been meaning to join for some time, I have a bunch of friends on the board.

HRD2PLZ
09-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Everybody has their own preferences on shops. I have never been to Speedville but I know a few people who have, and all of them told me they would never go anywhere else. Next time I want something for my car I think I'll go down to Speedville :thumbsup:

egmike
09-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Thanks. I have been meaning to join for some time, I have a bunch of friends on the board.

yeah it took you long enough, I only asked you a million times

ninjak84
09-20-2002, 11:38 AM
the rims were apresent from my grandfather, who is going to turn that down?

as far as my shocks, struts, springs andcamber, i was prepared to pay for all of that. carl never bothered ordering them or calling me back about them. i went elsewhere, what would you have done?

i didnt "talk shit" about carl, or your 240sx adrian, i just dont like the way speedville handles me and my friends.

ninjak84
09-20-2002, 11:42 AM
some of you are mistaking me for starting a hate thread, but its my past experiences that were asked for.
go to speedville, talk to carl, and then pass judgment. dont take my word for it by any means.

i didnt think so many people would take THAT much offense

4wheeldrift
09-20-2002, 03:37 PM
some of you are mistaking me for starting a hate thread, but its my past experiences that were asked for.
go to speedville, talk to carl, and then pass judgment. dont take my word for it by any means.

If I posted all the bad stuff i have heard about EVERY shop in town (and no shop is immune to bad stuff happening), this thread would be 20 pages long and no one would be doing anything to their cars unless they could do it themselves. I've dealt with speedville on several occasions, and they have never given me cause to complain. For whatever reason, good or bad, speedville seems to have a love/hate thing happening in the import community. If you are willing to give them a try, go talk to karl and see what he can do for you. If not, go elsewhere. That simple.

Maxt
09-20-2002, 07:04 PM
What I posted came from the horsesmouth, Karl asks for money down before he just orders stuff, if you don't have the cash, no order, no parts, pretty simple.. If he ordered everything that some kid said he wanted, Karl would have a showroom full of shit that people ordered and never picked up or payed for..Maxt

sexualbanana
09-20-2002, 08:42 PM
the whole world doesn't revolve around u ninjak. just because u and ur friend have had bad experiences doesn't meean everyone else will. every shop has good and bad things. some people have had bad experiences with reputable shops like tunerworks, rpm, etc while there r countless others who have had great experiences with them.

B18C
09-20-2002, 09:31 PM

less people would take offence if your "experiences" were actually accurate.

So far we have found:
"we've all seen the mitsubishi cavalier. it is turbo'd and has a shot of NOS, yet it still makes 17+ second runs. something is wrong here."

Wrong. no turbo, and the guy doesn't seem to ever use the nitrous.

"there is a 240sx undergoing the SR20DET engine swap. carl has been working on it for close to 6 months now. 6 months, this guy has been waiting for his 240."

Wrong. Speedville is just letting the owner use the shop and giving some pointers.

"my friends $8000 kit from germany took almost 8 months for everything to come in. and the rear end came in cracked the first time. 8 MONTHS!"

For a CUSTOM order from Germany, 8 months is not all that unreasonable. There are many reasons for this and NONE of them are really Speedville's fault - as many of you have already said.

"a black integra with a type R swap came in for an oil change that was supposed to take a half hour. it ended up taking almost a week."

This has been disputed already and i have a really hard time believing this anyways.

"my car went in there to get its rims put on. a 5 minute job. i waited for AN HOUR with a friend in the store, and he didnt even start it yet. we left and i came back another day."

This is just plain reaching, IMO. Nothing ever takes just minutes in a shop. They have other cars to work on and you have to get in line.

So 5 of your 8 points are either inaccurate or just plain wrong. So please forgive us for mistaking this as a hate thread.

turboMiata
09-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

That's a nice setup, Hollywood. Do you have more pictures?

ninjak84
09-20-2002, 10:02 PM
i didnt say everyone else would have bad experiences. some of my friends still go to speedville, and its fine with me. my best friend is even sponsored by carl and his shop. this is the first time i've ever spoken out against a shop, and the only reason i did so was because i recieved 2 messages from 2 separate people saying quote :"can you make a thread and list the stuff that Carl F^%*ed up on, cause he did with my buddies car!!!!!!!!!!"

i'll say it again, speedville can be a great place, they've turned out good and bad cars, just like any other place. if someone had asked for a list like this from impressions or tunerworks, one of you would have done what i did, and gotten yelled at for it too.

once ryan left the shop, i helped carl run around and get parts, i kept him company in the shop when it was dead, and i referred ALL of my friends to him. he has made well over 20k off of my friends alone.

sexualbanana
09-20-2002, 10:39 PM
some people have personally dropped 20k at shops

ninjak84
09-20-2002, 10:40 PM
we're only 17-18 tho
for me, hearing that my suspension would cost $1200 hurt. its going to be worth it though:)

max_boost
09-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
some people have personally dropped 20k at shops

Like me and I haven't even learned my lesson yet:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Alpine Autowerks
09-20-2002, 10:47 PM
call me stupid

OK...

I talked to Karl about his side of the "stories" and looks like you said it best.

BarryBeach
09-20-2002, 11:10 PM
ninjak84 you're an idiot ... why don't you try owning your own performance shop, and deal with all the "fast and the furious" wannabe's, and still have time for other customers ... you said it yourself it's a one man show, since you know that it is you have to be patent and wait your turn. Sometimes good service isn't all about speed. Personally I have never been to speedville I have only heard about it by word of mouth.

2 good respected VW friends of mine will ONLY do business with Speedville and Concept 1, Concept 1 is just a given due to the cars they drive, BUT the whole reason why they goto speedville is 'cause they are treated like people .... no just another customer.

So before you open your trap, remember Customer Service is number one in any business ... So no one owning a performance shop or any other shop for that matter would purposely do any of those things you mentioned. So I deem them as accidents ... things that are out of his hands, but from what I have heard he still deals with complaints with a smile ... So personally I respect the guy ... I can't say as much for you.

B18C
09-20-2002, 11:58 PM
i didnt say everyone else would have bad experiences. some of my friends still go to speedville, and its fine with me. my best friend is even sponsored by carl and his shop. this is the first time i've ever spoken out against a shop, and the only reason i did so was because i recieved 2 messages from 2 separate people saying quote :"can you make a thread and list the stuff that Carl F^%*ed up on, cause he did with my buddies car!!!!!!!!!!"

That's great and all but most of your "stories" are not accurate or fair.

And about this whole fucking up on somebody's car. How much of it do you think is the shop's fault and how much of it do you think is the customer's fault? From what I've seen, a lot of people just don't want to spend the cash to do things properly. So who's fault is it then. For example, can you blame the shop if the customer wants to to turbo their little honda civic and not spend the money on a proper engine management system? Forget that. How about those that don't even want to fork the cash to upgrade their fuel pump or little things like that?

Hollywood
09-20-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata

That's a nice setup, Hollywood. Do you have more pictures?

Ya I still have to take some pictures of the final product still.

Here are a few more links.
http://tribes2.echostar.ca/project.html
http://tribes2.echostar.ca/project2.html

ninjak84
09-21-2002, 12:45 AM
im not your parents, and its not my job or right to tell you where to go for your parts, make that decision on your own. maybe you think i'm slandering speedville, but its never been my intent. what i was hoping to do is start a discussion about bad experiences just as something to do after a long day at school.

at my car club forums, we discuss topics like these daily. places that have screwed us, places that have been great, etc... at the same time we understand there is 2 sides to each story.

i dont know WHY karl ordered me in the wrong rims, he just did. maybe something happened that was his fault, maybe it was the supplier.
i also dont know why he never bothered looking up any suspension set ups for me or calling me back. maybe he just never got around to it, i dont know.

in the end, i just decided to go elsewhere. speedville was me and my boys' shop for the LONGEST time, but i decided to leave. i dont slander the place, and i didnt chew out karl. i just left. im happy with the place i found now, and its good enough for me. all my boys still go there, and its cool for them.

this thread was never meant to be slanderous (a word?).
if anyone took offense, then i apologize. honestly.

i'd especially like someone to tell karl i apologized. his business is the last i'd want to hurt, because he does run it all by himself. i would do it in person, but i dont live in calgary anymore, and my car is parked for a while.

like i said in the beginning, those points are MY reasons for not going back. not yours. it doesnt matter if you think they're lies, because they arent your reasons for not going.

5.9 R/T
09-21-2002, 02:30 AM
Well if you didn't intend to slander speedville then why post this thread. Regardless of what your intentions were the sharing of negative information has a negative impact on speedvilles reputation, which if you look it up in the dictionary, is the definition of slander. You were obviously pissed off at carl and speedville for the treatment you and your 'boys' recieved so i'm thinking that this thread was a bit of anger mixed with revenge. Whatever the case may be, your problems have been mostly cases of misunderstandings and snap judgements. The fact that carl was willing to give you free stuff and treat you, for the most part, like a valued customer, should have earned your respect. But instead you return the favor by starting this thread. Do you honestly believe that speedville deserves this treatment after all they have done for you?

BarryBeach
09-21-2002, 02:49 AM
im not your parents, and its not my job or right to tell you where to go for your parts, make that decision on your own. maybe you think i'm slandering speedville, but its never been my intent. what i was hoping to do is start a discussion about bad experiences just as something to do after a long day at school.

at my car club forums, we discuss topics like these daily. places that have screwed us, places that have been great, etc... at the same time we understand there is 2 sides to each story.

i dont know WHY karl ordered me in the wrong rims, he just did. maybe something happened that was his fault, maybe it was the supplier.
i also dont know why he never bothered looking up any suspension set ups for me or calling me back. maybe he just never got around to it, i dont know.

in the end, i just decided to go elsewhere. speedville was me and my boys' shop for the LONGEST time, but i decided to leave. i dont slander the place, and i didnt chew out karl. i just left. im happy with the place i found now, and its good enough for me. all my boys still go there, and its cool for them.

this thread was never meant to be slanderous (a word?).
if anyone took offense, then i apologize. honestly.

i'd especially like someone to tell karl i apologized. his business is the last i'd want to hurt, because he does run it all by himself. i would do it in person, but i dont live in calgary anymore, and my car is parked for a while.

like i said in the beginning, those points are MY reasons for not going back. not yours. it doesnt matter if you think they're lies, because they arent your reasons for not going.

Ok now we also know you have no backbone, you say this thread wasn't supposed to "Slander" Speedville , LOOK AT YOUR FIRST FUCKING POST. Nothing but false accusations(except for your isolated incidents). How about you grow a brain ... then try posting. OR BACK UP WHAT YOU SAY!!!!!!!!

peace

turboMiata
09-21-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Ya I still have to take some pictures of the final product still.

Hope you'll be able to make the Beyond Meet on Oct 6. I'd love to see you car.

B18C
09-21-2002, 01:17 PM

Well not to be a nag but they are not really good reasons for YOU to be not going there either because most of them aren't true!

ninjak84
09-21-2002, 01:36 PM
all those things happened well over 4 months ago, i havent been there since.
BarryBeach: you're missing my point. read each one of my posts again. as far as my backbone, i still stand by my reasons. just because i dont want to argue over the internet with people i dont know, i dont have a backbone?
5.9RT: its fine how you defend karl, but he never gave me anything for free. he gave me a bit of a break on my rims, which is what any business should have done after a wrong order. he did treat me really well until i started on my suspension. in all honesty you make it sound as if he gave me everything for free and i left to screw him over. not the case at all.

this thread is far from being something of revenge. all this happened so long ago, i forgot about it until others brought it up. you make it sound like im plotting to make speedville go brankrupt.

James
09-21-2002, 05:09 PM
this thread is far from being something of revenge. all this happened so long ago, i forgot about it until others brought it up. .

What are u talking about!!! YOU BROUGHT IT UP!:confused: :rolleyes:

Blue Devil
09-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Many opinions, many points of view, this is forum is alive with knowlege, experiences, facts and rumors...

Ferrari
09-23-2002, 06:48 PM
yep

rx7_turbo2
09-24-2002, 08:31 PM
all those things happened well over 4 months ago, i havent been there since.
BarryBeach: you're missing my point. read each one of my posts again. as far as my backbone, i still stand by my reasons. just because i dont want to argue over the internet with people i dont know, i dont have a backbone?
5.9RT: its fine how you defend karl, but he never gave me anything for free. he gave me a bit of a break on my rims, which is what any business should have done after a wrong order. he did treat me really well until i started on my suspension. in all honesty you make it sound as if he gave me everything for free and i left to screw him over. not the case at all.

this thread is far from being something of revenge. all this happened so long ago, i forgot about it until others brought it up. you make it sound like im plotting to make speedville go brankrupt.

Hey man you started this thread, you should have kept your mouth shut from the begining if you didnt know what the hell you were talking about. The fact you were even friends with Ryan speaks volumes about you.

rx7_turbo2
09-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Sorry, double post

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2002, 07:31 AM
after having worked in a speedshop for 6 months you really get to see the ups and downs of the whole industry. The best advantage a speedshop can have is to be a distributor..that removes the middle man and makes things flow much quicker and smoother plus you save a ton of money. Some of these manufacturers are practically retarted when it comes to any sort of business practice, there's also canadian customs to deal with which can really screw things over.
Sometimes I felt so bad for customers dealing with dealers who dealt with us because the product woudl be taking forever and the dealer woudl take all the heat. I think the best thing a shop can do is stay in constant contact with those who have items on order, I made sure to contact my customers at least once a week to let them know what was happening. In terms of being fast I believe we were one of the fastest shops when it came to service (and cars haha). You guys have said Karl is a one man show..dman I feel sorry for him, the place i worked had 3 technicians, a secretary , myself and the owner and we were always swamped with work I cant imagine how Karl does it but props to him