PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Drivers Will Appreciate This...

spadeace
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Mazda's new webisodes for the 2013 CX-5 are out on youtube, and apparently "German engineers" are extremely impressed with the new 2013 edition. Check these out:

Mazda Threat Youtube (http://youtube.com/mazdathreat)

sillysod
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Impressed until it starts rusting above the fenders 6 months after its off the lot.

Disoblige
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I guess I'm not a Mazda driver, since I was not impressed by those videos whatsoever.

quorum
11-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Boring videos, but it made me check out the 2014 Mazda6 which I think looks very nice. Too bad it's FWD only.

Hallowed_point
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
Impressed until it starts rusting above the fenders 6 months after its off the lot.

:werd: Not sure who has worse rust proofing, mazda or subaru. One of the many reasons why I will never own a jap car.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

:werd: Not sure who has worse rust proofing, mazda or subaru. One of the many reasons why I will never own a jap car.

I'm gonna have to say Mazda, my Subaru had 0 rust at 205000km and 7 years old, I see rusty Mazdas everywhere.

89s1
11-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Not sure I've seen a protégé5 where half the hatch wasn't bubbling and covered with rust. :dunno:

Mazda gets my vote for worst rustproofing.

Maxx Mazda
11-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
Not sure I've seen a protégé5 where half the hatch wasn't bubbling and covered with rust. :dunno:

See my sig. :thumbsup:

I also don't even drive my car if there's even a chance of rain, it's a bit of a garage queen haha

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
My Subaru is three years old and there's rust all over the damn place. FML

bspot
11-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

I'm gonna have to say Mazda, my Subaru had 0 rust at 205000km and 7 years old, I see rusty Mazdas everywhere.

That's because your subbie was built before all the enviro paint rules hit Japan.

JordanAndrew
11-02-2012, 01:18 AM
That guy is not funny... :facepalm:

zipdoa
11-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Why don't the japanese just galvanize their cars...

sillysod
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

I've noticed a lot of the newer style ones rusting out too. I would have thought they would have fixed it with this gen of car.

Maxx is going to have a rare collector car in 5 years. I always loved the look of the 5's. Japaneese cannot make a decent looking wagon, but they nailed it with that car IMO.

carson blocks
11-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
My Subaru is three years old and there's rust all over the damn place. FML

3 years old? How bad is rust? I thought we'd gotten past that stage where imports started rusting on the boat ride over.

Maxx Mazda
11-02-2012, 01:32 PM

I've noticed a lot of the newer style ones rusting out too. I would have thought they would have fixed it with this gen of car.

Maxx is going to have a rare collector car in 5 years. I always loved the look of the 5's. Japaneese cannot make a decent looking wagon, but they nailed it with that car IMO.

That's why I originally bought my car. For $23K new, nothing else had the ammenities and fit and finish of the P5. Turned out to be a pretty original platform to mod upon too.

Projek01
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Why don't the japanese just galvanize their cars...

My yota is galvanized. 1996 and not a spec of rust. Not sure if its still done on new toyotas.

AE92_TreunoSC
11-02-2012, 06:25 PM
OP is mazda promoter, he posted this before and it sucked too.

Recommend review for bad taste and possible corporate advertising!

Disoblige
11-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
OP is mazda promoter, he posted this before and it sucked too.

Recommend review for bad taste and possible corporate advertising!
:werd:

Graham_A_M
11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Word. Thats a fair chunk of coin for something that'll be rustier then the Titanic in a few short years.

Yeah, go Mazda! :rolleyes:

Nakadah
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
I have owned several Mazda vehicles and rusting is an issue with those no question about it.

As to the videos they are just idiotic...

Alak
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
My Mazda is 25 years old and it has no rust.

Graham_A_M
11-04-2012, 12:16 AM
^ really? Great! I had 4 mazda's over a 7 year period. None of them had rust issues either, but that doesn't change the fact that they were shit bags with incessant issues. I wish all they had was rust, at least that would make up for the failing electrical systems, the serious engine issues, the seizing brakes and everything else that characteristically went wrong with them. Those were by far the worst cars Ive ever owned. To this day I'll never touch anything Japanese as a result.

sillysod
11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Alak
My Mazda is 25 years old and it has no rust.

you drive it in the snow all winter long?

Alak
11-04-2012, 10:57 AM

you drive it in the snow all winter long?

Not this one no. The other one I did 2 winters and it didn't rust in my ownership. It was an 86. My 2005 MX-5 I bought brand new didn't rust either in my ownership.

Alak
11-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ really? Great! I had 4 mazda's over a 7 year period. None of them had rust issues either, but that doesn't change the fact that they were shit bags with incessant issues. I wish all they had was rust, at least that would make up for the failing electrical systems, the serious engine issues, the seizing brakes and everything else that characteristically went wrong with them. Those were by far the worst cars Ive ever owned. To this day I'll never touch anything Japanese as a result.

I had gearbox troubles in my MX-5 which is why I never bought another one. They put two brand new transmissions in it since I bought it new (and owned it for 2 years). First time the input shaft broke, the second time a shifter fork nut or some such inside came loose and it stuck in gear. That was the only piston powered mazda I owned. Haven[t had much trouble with the rotary powered cars that I didn't cause myself.

I knocked civics for years and years and years. I was given an ek with a blown headgasket and put 133,000kms on it before I sold it. Never fixed the headgasket. I was trying to kill it and it just kept on goin.

codetrap
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
We bought our Mazda 3 Sport and there's no rust on it at all yet. Wife drives it all the time, and still is a nice as when it rolled off the lot.. with the exception of the windshield... will be replacing that soon.. fracking rock hit 3 weeks after we got it.