PDA

View Full Version : Have you used canadianaffair.ca?

r0g3r
11-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Have you ever used Canadianaffair.Ca ?

How was it? I want to go to London and usually have heard of Heathrow but these guys go to gatwick.

I don't mind shitty ride, as long as I get there and back on proper dates.

I'm looking to go in December. They're fairly cheap compares to anything I've found on Expedia.

Any thoughts? Plz help out.

Mixalot27
11-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I haven't used that site before. However they appear to be a reseller of Air Transat flights. You can likely book the same flight for the same price directly through Air Transat:

http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Home.aspx

You can also try these sites which I have used before:

www.escapes.ca

www.kayak.com

slick2404
11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I used them for a return flight to Manchester. Shitty flight but a solid price.

carson blocks
11-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I've flown to/from Glasgow using Air Transat, most of the flight seemed to be "A Canadian Affair" passengers. It's my only international flight, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but my impression is that it was a shitty flight with small shitty seats, and a shitty meal. I'm a big guy so I was especially uncomfortable, next time I'd pay the extra $500 to sit up front in the larger seats.

r0g3r
11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm a small guy so I'm not concerned about the room but what concerned me more is the flight to and from there, and baggage loss. Some people have been complaining about how a '' non stop flight'' turns into a one stop flight the week before departure.

I'm not really flexible on days so I can't have like a flight change days on me.

JAYMEZ
11-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Yup I have used it... Pretty uncomfortable flight to Gatwick , but we made it alive :clap:

Gainsbarre
11-02-2012, 11:19 AM
My father used it for a $712.98 round trip Calgary-Manchester flight on Air Transat just a few weeks ago. The flight was on time and he got there in back in one piece.

When I booked it for him I noticed that on the Air Transat website they were charging several hundred more of the same flight.

Mitsu3000gt
11-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I flew Calgary --> Frankfurt direct on Transat twice now. I only remember the second, most recent, flight but it was $7XX from Edmonton and $9XX from Calgary, so pretty cheap. Plane was very new, I had enough leg room (I'm 5'10"). It was also one of the only flights I've ever been able to sleep on. Most other flights are double the price so I would definitely use them again.

r0g3r
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
So have you or anyone u know experienced baggage loss from these guys?

I'm so tempted to go through with air transat but just seems sketchy. I just don't want to be fucked.

SpeedyZ
11-02-2012, 06:03 PM
used canadianaffair multiple times, never had any issues other then the plane ride being crap.

thetransporter
11-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
My father used it for a $712.98 round trip Calgary-Manchester flight on Air Transat just a few weeks ago. The flight was on time and he got there in back in one piece.

When I booked it for him I noticed that on the Air Transat website they were charging several hundred more of the same flight.

A round trip across the Atlantic from western Canada for 700$ is a steal.....

ExtraSlow
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
High chance of flight changes or cancellations with these type of operators.

Great deals, but you are giving up some of the certainty of flying with a real airline.

Neil4Speed
11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Canadian Affair is a code share with Thomas Cook. I have flown with them a few times, found the service and accommodations to be similar to that of AC (Which I have flown a few times to London as well).

I wouldn't hesitate to fly with CA again, especially considering the price difference.

Cooked Rice
11-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Used them a year and a half ago, at that time it was Thomas Cook operating the flight. Everything was as expected. They were short on breakfast about 2 hours from arriving, so they resorted to candy bars instead to about 1/4 of the passengers :thumbsdow No issues with anything else. Buy a Gatwick express ticket online before you go. It's a train from Gatwick to London Victoria station, direct, no stops. You can take the regular train, it's cheaper, but takes a lot longer to get into London as it makes a bunch of stops along the way.

CompletelyNumb
11-03-2012, 08:09 AM
They're good to go, I wouldn't worry.

I've also ran into the food shortage problem with them however. Sit near the middle of the plane lol. (they were serving from the front back, back passengers got screwed)

natty54
11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I didn't have an issue with them. I flew on the $288 round trip flight!

Now the price was insane and the flight was just like any other.

I am also 6'6 - I would have been screwed if I had to fly in a normal seat but luckily I was one of the first people to choose my seats so I got emergency exit there and back and was able to stretch out.

As for flying into Gatwick I just took the express train and it puts you into london