PDA

View Full Version : Can Telus carry on a @shaw.ca email?

TomcoPDR
11-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Long time Shaw internet customer, just curious if I switch to Telus, will they be allow to carry my [email protected] ???

Know what I mean? TIA

googe
11-04-2012, 05:53 AM
no

Alterac
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Nope.

You may be able to negotiate a "deal" with shaw for like $5/month for 10 email addresses or somthing like that.

Mixalot27
11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah unfortunately email addresses cannot be transferred between carriers like phone numbers. It's one of the things that has kept me from switching to Telus from Shaw. I've been thinking of transitioning my email contacts from my shaw address to a gmail or similar one for a while. And then making the switch.

GoChris
11-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Find someone you know on Shaw, get them to setup your email and forward it to a non ISP related account.

revelations
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I always tell my res clients to avoid using ISP emails wheneer possible.

Free and better email service can be had from SO many places now.

TomcoPDR
11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the answers. Yea I'll start using my hotmail and gmail hardcore again, and get ppl use to it.

I kept with shaw cuz there was a time where the image of public emails aren't "professional". But it's like now, whatever.

codetrap
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Thanks for the answers. Yea I'll start using my hotmail and gmail hardcore again, and get ppl use to it.

I kept with shaw cuz there was a time where the image of public emails aren't "professional". But it's like now, whatever. You can also set up your shaw account for autoforward your email to your gmail, and then auto reply with "please note my new email is blah blah" using the vacation away feature... makes the transition MUCH easier.

Xtrema
11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by codetrap
You can also set up your shaw account for autoforward your email to your gmail, and then auto reply with "please note my new email is blah blah" using the vacation away feature... makes the transition MUCH easier. [/QUOTE

I'm a year in with that now. But some spammers are actually humans and spams now diverted to gmail account as well.

Pretty much everything has been switch over but still find a few odd people having my shaw.ca address. Enmax being one of them.

jltabot
11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
like mentioned before, find someone you know on shaw. transfer your email to their account, and continue to use it like normal. just make sure they don't cancel haha

Mar
11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Why bother with an ISP account?

Get an @tomcopdr.com email address for $7 a month and never have to worry about that again.

https://www.register.com/domain/available.rcmx?domain=tomcopdr.com&term=36&result=available&searchOrigin=homepage&domain=tomcopdr&selectedTLDs=.com&bulkTest=true

EDIT - I just got back from the Googles and along my journey I discovered you can do this on 2 conditions:
a) You move the email address to someone else's account and get their permission to do so.
b) You pay $6 per month

Seems like a ripoff if you can host your own email address for $7 per month.

thetransporter
11-05-2012, 02:00 AM
short answer - no

AOL =yes - (free and paid members still get email)

if u need a @westnet.ca email i can hook you up-