PDA

View Full Version : can you rent/check out radar guns?

asp integra
11-04-2012, 03:06 PM
wanted to rent/borrow/check out a radar gun for my cousins hockey team, all the kids want to do a skills comp and hardest shot is the one thing they all want to do. can you rent or check out a gun from the police????

snowcat
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Did you try calling them?

Graham_A_M
11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
^ I really dont think they'd be open to that, for obvious security reasons. Not much different then you renting a police interceptor from them or their police belt/uniform. Their laser guns have to be calibrated often, Im sure if you were to find one thats due for calibration, and you were to use it then they may be open to that, since right after you were to use it would need to be re-certified again anyway. :dunno:

Duckman
11-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
wanted to rent/borrow/check out a radar gun for my cousins hockey team, all the kids want to do a skills comp and hardest shot is the one thing they all want to do. can you rent or check out a gun from the police????

Or stop by Princess Auto south and buy a Bushnell radar gun for $100.
It's been a few months since I saw them there but others probably have them as well.

CanmoreOrLess
11-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Call the head of the hockey league, at least that was how my team used to get a radar gun and display. No idea where it came from. The unit was used by a few teams during the week we had it. Kinda fun for those who were not in goal, as a goalie I found the skating speed to be more interesting. Us goalies took off our pads at one point and actually beat a few players.

Call the Flames office, not like they are using them until next season and they could use the revenue.

Here: http://www.hockeyshot.com/SpeedTrac-X-Radar-Gun-p/accessory-009.htm