PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki america filing bankruptcy

corsvette
11-05-2012, 09:55 PM
This is a bit of a surprise to me, while having a small share of the market I had no idea they had such big struggles. So long Suzuki

http://wot.motortrend.com/american-suzuki-filing-for-bankruptcy-protection-us-sales-winding-down-287327.html:cry:

jdmXSI
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
So long SDS!!

Kloubek
11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Not going to be missed by many. If any.

Aleks
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Not that surprising. No dealer network in USA lead to this.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mitsubishi leave North America next.

corsvette
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Acura is another that is on their way out imo, lame product and ever shrinking market share.

flipstah
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally posted by corsvette

Acura is another that is on their way out imo, lame product and ever shrinking market share.

They are dying brands here in North America.

JAYMEZ
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
So long SDS!!

hahah good riddance

Disoblige
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM

4 sedans and 3 SUVs :rofl:
What the fuck happened..

Graham_A_M
11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

hahah good riddance

Word, watch them become a shitty used car sales lot now.
I'd be almost willing to bet money on it actually.

JAYMEZ
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
^^ Probably... Especially after stealing peoples rims , then saying they threw em out.. Then to find out they tried to sell em to a beyonder LOL..

Fucking losers.

Markll7
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Suzuki makes awesome bikes and kei cars, too bad they couldn't come up with a good product strategy here in NA.

corsvette
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I'd be almost willing to bet money on it actually. I think 90% of their sales came from used anyway, how many new Zuki's could they possibly sell per month. They just wont be a franchised dealer anymore.

Tik-Tok
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I'd be almost willing to bet money on it actually.

They already are, and have been for years, lol. I think they just stuck with Suzuki so they didn't seem like every other shady used dealership in town. "We're a new car dealership, so we're legit!" lol.

flipstah
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
^^ Probably... Especially after stealing peoples rims , then saying they threw em out.. Then to find out they tried to sell em to a beyonder LOL..

Fucking losers.

Wait. WHAT?!

Also, will wait for the Kizashi AWD to be on fire sale.

I want to build a rally car haha.

eblend
11-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Too bad, SX4 were decent cars, wife wanted one and liked the styling. Went to buy a used one but wasn't AWD as advertised, so ended up with an AWD vibe, which is much more solidly build than the SX4. Test drove the new one and was so much engine noise, definitely not worth the 24k or whatever they wanted for such a small car.

I remember seeing these in Japan, always was planning on getting one if they made it to NA, but alas we were stuck with a shitty swift..

http://majorgav.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/su_696.jpg

xnvy
11-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Also, will wait for the Kizashi AWD to be on fire sale.

I want to build a rally car haha. Those cars are so nice. My parents almost bought one instead of the Accord but the dealer didn't really seem interested in making a sale.
I've been reading up on the old Suzuki models, those old turbo Sprints (albeit they were badged Chevrolet) look tasty :poosie:

HiTempguy1
11-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Markll7
Suzuki makes awesome bikes and kei cars, too bad they couldn't come up with a good product strategy here in NA.

Originally posted by eblend

I remember seeing these in Japan, always was planning on getting one if they made it to NA, but alas we were stuck with a shitty swift..

http://majorgav.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/su_696.jpg

Yep, if Suzuki would have released the Swift Sport when it did in Europe/Japan, they would have beat a TON of manufacturers to the b-segment/hot hatch/mpg machines that are out now and cornered a ton of market share.

But they didn't, because Suzuki has always had the dumbest ideas when it comes to the north american market.

Seth1968
11-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Damn.

One of my first cars was a standard 1988 Suzuki Swift. It was one of the most fun to drive and reliable cars I've ever owned.

Very easy to work on as well. Heck, after going across Canada twice, and almost $300,000 km's on it, I swapped out the engine. I literally lifted out the old engine by hand lol.

HHURICANE1
11-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Suzuki Canada isn't going away. Just the USA.

Xtrema
11-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

4 sedans and 3 SUVs :rofl:
What the fuck happened..

Acura doesn't have the balls to do anything other than fancy Honda clones. No RWD platform. No consistent architecture to push for SH-AWD. Heck, they took SH-AWD away from the new RDX.

At least they did risk it with ZDX and for now NSX is making a return.

As for Suzuki, they were done a decade ago. GM dumping them was the last nail in that coffin.

corsvette
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1

Yep...Its busniess as usual for Suzuki Canada. The publicity from this can't be good for them in the future though, as soon as consumers find out all US Suzuki is Bankrupt and gone they may think twice about buying one.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1283493--suzuki-canada-unaffected-by-u-s-problems

Maxx Mazda
11-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Suzuki makes such great bikes and stuff, too bad the cars weren't up to snuff.

heavyD
11-08-2012, 08:07 AM

Nope. They have never, ever, ever even discussed leaving North America. Long term I believe Mitsubishi will slowly regain their North American market and get back to where they were in the 90's.

Zero intentions of leaving;
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/07/mitsubishi-ceo-vows-to-stay-in-us-on-heels-of-suzukis-departure/

They are in it for the long haul and have the money to do it as overall Mitsubishi Corporation makes a lot of money and can stand to lose money forever simply to keep the brand recognition alive with automobiles.

I believe long term Mazda could possibly be next to follow Suzuki as they don't have the backing that Mitsubishi has and they are in financial difficulty needing a partner bad.

sillysod
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I believe long term Mazda could possibly be next to follow Suzuki as they don't have the backing that Mitsubishi has and they are in financial difficulty needing a partner bad.

Agree. In the south states big mitsubishi cars are everywhere. People love them. Here it's pretty much just the lancers we see.

flipstah
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Nope. They have never, ever, ever even discussed leaving North America. Long term I believe Mitsubishi will slowly regain their North American market and get back to where they were in the 90's.

Zero intentions of leaving;
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/07/mitsubishi-ceo-vows-to-stay-in-us-on-heels-of-suzukis-departure/

They are in it for the long haul and have the money to do it as overall Mitsubishi Corporation makes a lot of money and can stand to lose money forever simply to keep the brand recognition alive with automobiles.

Well, that's good news. My friend just bought a Lancer with AWC.

schocker
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1

Now they are :D
http://www.thestar.com/business/2013/03/26/suzuki_to_stop_selling_automobiles_in_canada_in_2014.html

flipstah
03-26-2013, 03:46 PM
The fact that I only saw a Kizashi once in Calgary ever since it was announced shows how popular they are here. :(

corsvette
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by schocker

Now they are :D
http://www.thestar.com/business/2013/03/26/suzuki_to_stop_selling_automobiles_in_canada_in_2014.html

that was a given. I couldn't imagine Suzuki Canada staying around. Wonder what will become of calgarys famous Suzuki dealership.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM

that was a given. I couldn't imagine Suzuki Canada staying around. Wonder what will become of calgarys famous Suzuki dealership.

Karma is coming, hopefully they get ended for all their shady dealings.

schocker
03-26-2013, 05:58 PM
South Deerfoot FINE CARS!
:rofl:

Graham_A_M
03-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Lets hope so. Mazda is awful garbage.

zieg
03-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by schocker
South Deerfoot FINE CARS!
:rofl:

South Deerfoot Fine Car Gallery?

euro_racer
03-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Anyone see the interview with David Baker on the news today? LOL

403Gemini
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by ZiG-87

South Deerfoot Fine Car Gallery?

South Deerfoot Fine Car Gallery - Hotwheelz edition? ;) (Is that how they used to spell it before GOFC opened up?)

Xtrema
03-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
Anyone see the interview with David Baker on the news today? LOL

I love how he lined the service bay with X5 and S4 to show they do high end stuff.

schocker
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I love how he lined the service bay with X5 and S4 to show they do high end stuff.
Who would take their car there for service :rofl:
I liked the guy who has owned 5 suzukis and doesn't know what to do for his next car :rofl:
Must have taken them all day to find a suzuki owner :rofl: