PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Exteriors (Owned by Beyond member)

TomcoPDR
11-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Way long overdue review from services received earlier this year... just been so caught up with work.

Keep in mind the owner of Legacy Exteriors was actually quite humble and insisted that he doesn't really need a service review for his company to be directly linked to his Beyond popularity and fame.

However, I beg to differ. I believe that in trades, either the actual tech/worker needs to be recongized, or if a tech has become an owner of a company (with his own employees/contractors), it all goes towards how he runs that company, how after stepping up the corporate ladder how they treat people filling in the shoes they once HAD been in, etc...

Legacy Exteriors is owned by a fellow Beyond member... Some of you call him by different names, but for the purpose of accuracy, the owner is what's currently known as InRich. (Rich)

Being said, knowing the history of the owner (or tech) is very important. In this case, I have actually known of Rich off of Beyond for a good half-decade, you see, this is what makes one really appreicate this guy's drive and dedication in what he does... In an earlier life career, Rich was in sales, relating to all this, I have known of Rich ever since I started blogging on Beyond about my automotive business. You see, for me, I'm mostly a rare, parttime service provider on here, while in order to get started during my first winter of Beyond door dent servicing, I required a garage heater. It's no coincidence that Richard has earned my trust and respect.

Rich used to be a sales rep for a local brand of radiant garage heaters (I didn't end up using that type, I used forced air type). BUT, what lead up to my recommendation to his own company, Legacy Exteriors, would indeed relate to my past experience in dealing with Rich.

During my first winter year running on Beyond, as mentioned, it would lead me on a path in contacting Rich about the radiant garage heaters he represented. He would be professional, courteous, now, he didn't had much know-how on the specific installation process, but, he would always be clear and precise on his answers. To this day, I still remember his dedication in his drive to sell me a garage heater... it was 3 weeks after my initial inquiry, I get a call while shopping at Ikea. It was Rich, he asked if I had moment, told him I was a little tied up at the moment, but he insisted to continue on trying to sell me a heater and made sure I understood it's capabilities. But this was when I needed to tell him the truth, that I was in the process of releasing my lunch, if I could call him right back... Rich persisted that we continued on, so I didn't want to be impolite, so that ended to be quite a memoriable, stinky experience.

However, shortly after that, "EnRich's" garage heater sponsorship link disappeared... and then shortly after THAT, even "EnRich" was banished and vanished into the abyss... But it wasn't long until I came light to reading a few threads about EnRich's extraordinary experience between a few members, and what would be, his Ex-employer at the garage heater company.

(Now, fast forward a short few years.)

Some of the WOODEN windows at the house started showing signs of extreme wear and tear, instead of replacing to brand new vinyl windows, I had been putting minimal efforts of painting, then wood filler and painting; needless to say, those efforts just does not work... Browsing through a few threads, I learn that InRich had started his own exterior, roof, stucco business.

Through my past experience, I just could not pass up on an opportunity getting a hold of Rich once again.

Business wise:

- He was on time, patience as I work a lot, so he was self sufficient checking out the work involved, then came back at a later time to meet up.

- He pulls up professionally in a brand new BMW X5

- Drove me to actual jobs his crew did, being that I'm really attention for details, I do notice the difference when he shows me and backstabs what other company's shotty work looks like as well.

- We pull up to this one community, he drives up slow to these two older milf/gilf-ish ladies jogging, thought he was trying to show off his pick-up, but turns out they were the homeowners of one of his past jobs... This tells you a lot when a contractor has a good relationship with past customers, for past customers willing to parade their private residence to other strangers.

- From the actual sample past projects he has shown, I knew he'd be able to satisfy my thrust for good work.

- Unlike most Beyond ballers, I was only able to afford window cladding (capping wooden windows with aluminum/metal), espically living in a hand me down home, just not sure how long I wanna stay here still... so window cladding would be the best choice for my situation.

- Though at this point, Rich is purely focusing on sales, instead of performing the actual work, but the contractor he uses, very easy to deal with, easy to work with, waited patiently for me to compare color samples, etc..

- His contractor crew came on site ON SCHEDULE as promised, clean cut, professional looking. No sleazebag feel. If I had a hot ass wife/gf, definitely trustworthy to leave 'em unattended with Rich's crew while I grab a quick coffee down the road.

- Though didn't really matter to me much, his crew finished pretty close as what they originally estimated.

- Not sure if Rich caught me catching him... on the day of completion (he drove his red Zo6 Corvette)... I peeked out my windows and saw Rich handing a cheque over to his guy... You know, this is very important and shows a lot... in contracting/subcontracting a lot of business would stall and make their subs wait and wait and wait. (meanwhile, the business owner had been paid, or taking a huge chunk as their profits while the actual guy doing the work worked for peanuts, and still making them wait)

- Quality wise, keeping the accuracy of this review, Rich didn't personally do my window cladding... BUT, the crew he got, the craftsmanship is outstanding... The cut and finish, nothing to complain about (I have walked up to other houses in my community to compare)

Here are some photos, I actually didn't document every single windows, but seeing is believing.

Old, flaking paint
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1846.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1843.jpg

Years ago, I tried putting wood fillers, then painting, then within 1 winter, the filler just cracks. (should had used autobody filler actually)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1845.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1844.jpg

Legacy Exteriors window cladding...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_2201.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_2203.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_2202.jpg

To sum up this long ass review, I would definitely recommend giving InRich a call for your house exterior related needs...

His method of Beyonding might be different, I mean in his past life "EnRich" this guy thought it was pimp to avatar his 2002 Honda Accord... He might not even be "Asian" as it turns out 95% of this forum are... but you know what, after how y'all threw him in the ringer with his ex-employer garage heater company and had him "fired"... If you ever meet him, you'd agree with me, no doubt in my mind, I would not hestiate crowning him one of the most legendary Beyonders of all times, further more, on behave of the Asian community, I would be proud to make him an honorary Asian; because like a phoenix, this guy just rise from the ashes. From 2002 Accord without a job, to BMWs and Corvettes, HELOC or no HELOC, Rich is definitely an inspiration that a strong heartbeat cannot be stopped nor defeated.

InRich
11-06-2012, 03:00 AM
wow... thank-you so very much for this review. from the bottom of my heart, thank-you!

DENZILDON
11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Very good review! Thumbs up Rich! :thumbsup:

Honorary Asian! Now you should try Balut! :D

GTS4tw
11-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Awesome review, and being in a similar business to InRich I know how valuable word of mouth is. Sounds like a great company that would be easy to recommend to friends in the area, which is becoming harder and harder to find. Its always nice to see positive reviews posted here!

blitz
11-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Thumbs up for using the term "gilf-ish" in a review! :thumbsup:

Ntense_SpecV
11-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Good job InRich. Just like I've told other beyonder's... when I am in the market for what they are doing I will not hesitate to call them first.

max_boost
11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome! What a great review!

Tomaz
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
that is some good work. Good job!

Sal0
11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
+1 for InRich as well. His company replaced my roof after the last big windstorm. He was extremely professional, and the whole experience was stress free. I would definetly use his services in the future if needed.

BTW, those are some really nice windows :drool:

InRich
11-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Sal0
+1 for InRich as well. His company replaced my roof after the last big windstorm. He was extremely professional, and the whole experience was stress free. I would definetly use his services in the future if needed.

BTW, those are some really nice windows :drool:

right on! :thumbsup: thanks

JAYMEZ
11-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Good stuff! Great review :thumbsup: