PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied Customer at Costco Heritage - Tires

ga16i
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM
I recently picked up some tires for the Versa from Costco Heritage and had a good experience. I placed my order online, and it itemized and charged me installation and tire levy for the four tires. Pricing was $540 for four tires installed all in no need for additional shipping, not bad for a full set of Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 at P185/65R15. I got an email 3 days later saying that it was shipped and ready for installation at the Costco location I picked. I got a call 2 days later telling me that the tires were in. They were quite accommodating as I didn't want to leave work during the day to get tires done, and they scheduled an appointment for me during the evening a few nights later. I know that I could just show up and get them installed, but I've seen the line ups at Costco and I wanted to do it in the evening after work.

I showed up for my appointment and sure enough I got put right in and left about an hour and a half later at the time that they estimated. I came back the next day for my re-torque and that was quite painless as well. Showed them the papers, pulled out back and some guy came by with a torque wrench. So far so good. :thumbsup: There was a notice posted that there may be additional charges for those with TPMS or requiring other accessories, but for me it was really straight forward, and only paid what was shown online. I also paid by Visa, little known fact, but costco.ca website will happily accept Visa and Mastercard in addition to AMEX unlike in-store purchases.

I decided to go with either Canadian Tire or Costco due to my perceived widespread availability of after-sale support and warranty. I wouldn't want to be left holding the bag should something not go right during the install or some time down the road. Operating hours were important to me too, shops opening only on weekdays until 6PM just doesn't work for me. When it comes time to rotate my tires, I'm going to take them up on the free lifetime rotation thing and flat repair if it ever comes up. We'll see how it goes then.

Maxt
11-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Costco is really a great place for cookie cutter tire service.. They wont get into custom stuff or anything like that, but for OEM fitments, its hard to beat.
When I bought tires for my dually, they were already 800 less than the other best price I got, then when I did the online transaction, it applied another 200.00 discount because they had some deal on the tire brand I chose. Like the OP, got notice, showed up, got tires installed..

ExtraSlow
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM
About five years ago, I had some tires installed at the Costco in Beacon heights. At that time, they didn't take appointments, so I ended up waiting in line about an hour, then leaving the truck for an entire day.

Liked the tires, liked the price, and even liked the peole I interacted with, but the no appointment policy sucked donkey balls. glad to hear they have dropped that.

dj_rice
11-09-2012, 01:01 PM
That is a great price as I work at a dealer and from my tire supplier, my cost on those are $105/each. So that price installed is a great deal.

prae
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
+1 for costco heritage. Blake(?) and the crew there are seriously good people, never had a bad experience with them.