PDA

View Full Version : to bodybuilding.com buyers`

genesis0403
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I was just wondering since its my first time ordering from bodybuilding.com.
How long does the shipment take on average for you guys?
It seems to be taking a bit on my order here and DHL global mail doesn't seem to be giving much details.

littledan
11-08-2012, 06:22 PM
there is a big thread on bb.com about this right now. apparently there were a few DHL trucks that were held at the border by customs and then sent back. I would call the customer service and complain, some guys got their orders reshipped, and then both showed up and they got to keep the extra. other guys simply had their money refunded.

adidas
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
The one and only time i ordered from BB.com it took around 3 weeks. They have a warehouse in Idaho, but it got sent through Toronto's customs. In the end there was hardly any savings, as the shipping + time spent in transit eats up the "savings"

genesis0403
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Damn..good thing i asked you guys. I prob wouldhave waited foranother week

Dumbass17
11-08-2012, 09:10 PM
i've ordered from bb.com several times, and my order arrived to Australia within a week... :dunno:

bulaian
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I've ordered probably 10 times or more and never had a problem. It has always arrived between 2-3 weeks and came in through Canada Post.

davidI
11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I only order from Bodybuilding.com when I'm in the US.

SupplementsCanada.com when I'm in Calgary. I've noticed their prices have gone up quite a bit, but with free shipping for orders over $200 and the lack of customs issues, I think it works out pretty close to the same.

CompletelyNumb
11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I prefer nutraplanet.com

Ships USPS. Never an issue.

ReflexFX
11-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I only order from Bodybuilding.com when I'm in the US.

SupplementsCanada.com when I'm in Calgary. I've noticed their prices have gone up quite a bit, but with free shipping for orders over $200 and the lack of customs issues, I think it works out pretty close to the same.

This is so true. I've also noticed that some of their products aren't available anymore to Canadian customers as well. :thumbsdow

davidI
11-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ReflexFX

This is so true. I've also noticed that some of their products aren't available anymore to Canadian customers as well. :thumbsdow

BB.com or SupplementsCanada?

I imagine there are a few different rules between the FDA & Health Canada that prevent certain products being sold in one jurisdiction over the other.

elite
11-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I used to use supplements canada but I found supplements source better. Also check out canadianprotein.com haven't used them yet as the pwo I want is out of stock but there prices seem pretty good (especially if you buy the bulk in house protein). Shock therapy is 40 bucks from them vs 60 from supplements canada (probably 70 from popeyes).

BB.com is only worth it if you have free shipping or have a group of friends who want to order so you can split the cost of shipping.

If you are looking for a local supplement store check out catalyst supplements (guy was pretty nice and knowledgeable).

davidI
11-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by elite
Also check out canadianprotein.com haven't used them yet as the pwo I want is out of stock but there prices seem pretty good (especially if you buy the bulk in house protein).

Thanks for posting about this! The 25# protein and 1000 tablet bags of Omega 3's look great.

I'd love to hear how the protein mixes and tastes though as the prices are only slightly better than ordering 10 pound bags of ON Gold in the US (usually ~$100/10lbs.)

genesis0403
11-09-2012, 02:17 AM
I order from svn but the vitamins i was looking at was a lot cheaper in BB.

trollolhah
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
My last order took a week to get shipped to my house with the Super Savings shipment option.

Weather, Customs, and Holidays affect your shipment delay. Holidays especially because everything gets stacked at the postals.

I buy from BB. GNC is ridiculously overpriced and SVN doesn't offer discounts/free swag with orders.

I ordered 5lbs whey isolate 50$, 4lbs casein protein, and 2 tubs of Xpand non-caffeine pre-workout.

I got 2 tubs of Xpand, 46 servings each, for ~50$ rather than 1 from GNC at 69

Mogg
11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
There is also currently a deal on for 2 for 1 muscle tech neurocore pre workout. Works out to be 2 45 servings tubs for what you pay for one here

elite
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by davidI

Thanks for posting about this! The 25# protein and 1000 tablet bags of Omega 3's look great.

I'd love to hear how the protein mixes and tastes though as the prices are only slightly better than ordering 10 pound bags of ON Gold in the US (usually ~$100/10lbs.)

Reviews of the whey blend say taste and mixability is good. Haven't tried it myself (still finishing up the protein I have first) but will order from them in the future. Also you can order samples if you really want to try it before purchasing.