PDA

View Full Version : Spec Miata Road Racing in Western Canada

GTcalgary
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Amateur sports car road racing events take place every year in Western Canada. In 2012 we raced on the same track as the Edmonton Indy. Spec Miata racing has rules designed to make cars run equally so competition is driver vs driver. These are typical Miata road cars that have been caged and converted into racecars with aftermarket suspension components and outhandle many of the fancier racecars. They are cheap and easy to find used in the USA where Spec Miata is the single largest class of amateur road racing! Go wheel to wheel against veteran racers and put your skills to the test! From pure novices to experienced drivers, there is a place for you to race with us.

Visit our website for more information. www.miatavsmiata.ca. Send us an email from our Contact page if you'd like to get involved.

89s1
11-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Is this open to men as well?

I kid, I kid... Would love to get into something like this someday once I'm bored of the Hondas.

mboldt
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I definitely want to get into this sometime. Gotta finish my street machine miata first though.

BlackArcher101
11-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Finally, iRacing pays off.

syritis
11-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm looking forward to this, I know a bunch of guys that are already building. should be lots of fun.

xnvy
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Would love to get into this in a couple of years. Are NB's welcome?

GTcalgary
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
NB's are definitely welcome. I drive a '99.

If you know of guys who are definitely into this and epecially if they are building, they should post on the WCMA (Western Canada Motorsport Association) forum or can email me at [email protected] to make sure they are building to the correct ruleset. The WCMA/NASCC will be organizing race dates at Castrol (hopefully) for 2013.