PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Metal Worker - Journeyman

timdog
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Hello - my buddy just got his journeyman for this like last week, finished up his final school term and called his boss to see where he wanted him when he returned from school and his boss said they didnt want to hire him back. Apparently this is common in shitty little small companies.. they would have to start paying him more as soon as he become a journeyman, and probably cant dick him around as much so they'd rather just let him go. so now he is on the hunt. great guy, one of my best friends, so i really just wanted to help him out by seeing if anyone knows a good company or has any contacts in this field.

Thanks

89s1
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
He more experienced with residential or commercial?

timdog
11-10-2012, 12:49 PM
definitely commercial. I know that he was involved in all of HVAC work at that new building just down the hill from the Foothills hospital.. cant remember whats it called but its some sort of medical center.

89s1
11-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Botting mechanical, trotter & morton, ARPI'S commercial div. These are the last 3 HVAC contractors I've worked with at commercial jobs.

There are countless HVAC companies out there, tell him to hit some of them up.

Graham_A_M
11-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Try Qsine. They do a lot of sheet metal forming and that sort of thing.

www.qsine.ca
They build a lot of service bodies for trucks, tool boxes and that sort of thing.

My old neighboor does sheet metal work, but Im trying to find his contact info. Im pretty sure his workplace is always hiring. I haven't talked to him at least two years though. :(

tirebob
11-10-2012, 02:33 PM
One of my customers has an HVAC company and just the other day he was saying he needs more guys... Not sure if he meant HVAC specific guys or sheet metal workers, but it might be worth a look. Company is called GSM industries.

StreetRacerX
11-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I've heard mostly good things about Trotter and Morton from instructors at SAIT.

timdog
11-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Cool thanks guys. I'll pass on the info