PDA

View Full Version : Recovery practice - any interest?

AndyL
11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Ok, so Fraser asked...

Anyone interested in an informal recovery practice session? On/off road recoveries?

We'd need some space (preferably with a big snow bank to stick things in), and some old pos beater to play with ;) (it'll get scratched, dented, bashed, thrashed and generally abused mercilessly)

Sugarphreak
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Cos
11-09-2012, 03:24 PM

spikerS
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Hey, I could plow Baygirls car into a snowbank, we could all take turns yarding her out.

wait, that does't sound right...

Masked Bandit
11-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by spikers
Hey, I could plow Baygirls car into a snowbank, we could all take turns yarding her out.

wait, that does't sound right...

I was going to edit this to make it seem worse but I think you're on a fine path of your own there son. Learning to dig your own grave are you?

Boosted131
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Cos
If you are coming on Sunday we can do the 'in class' portion at the meet.

I'd be down. Never rescued a car that wasnt equiped with recovery points before. Is there a trail run Sunday ?

ercchry
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Boosted131
Is there a trail run Sunday ?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/360776/fall-outdoor-enthusiasts-pub-meet/

projekz
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
It will be like one of my 4x4 trips with Fraser! ;)

:rofl:

I shouldn't be laughing...bad karma

AndyL
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Ive probably taken more recovery courses than many ;) and then towing and having a rollover car to play with on slow nights taught me more ;)

Me get stuck? :rofl: :angel:

offers there, Fraser wanted to see the cruse loop (used for unibodies without tow points) and there's a few others that are really handy at times...

FraserB
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I'd be down, so long as there are no cliffs for Sugarphreak to drive off of.

nixon45
11-12-2012, 11:11 AM
We should have had a beyond recovery meet on Saturday morning when I found this guy stuck! I was going to try to help pull him out but he was no where to be found. Probably put it in the ditch while drinking Friday night and abandoned it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/nixon45/stuck.jpg

Hamann
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by nixon45
We should have had a beyond recovery meet on Saturday morning when I found this guy stuck! I was going to try to help pull him out but he was no where to be found. Probably put it in the ditch while drinking Friday night and abandoned it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/nixon45/stuck.jpg

My dog was really interested in something out back Sunday, she was standing on my back deck watching them pull that guy out. I didn't bother to go check if they needed help, had 2 big Dodge's going at it trying to pull him out. Took awhile but they got him.

btimbit
11-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd be interested as well

nixon45
11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Hamann

My dog was really interested in something out back Sunday, she was standing on my back deck watching them pull that guy out. I didn't bother to go check if they needed help, had 2 big Dodge's going at it trying to pull him out. Took awhile but they got him.

Haha crazy!

We are neighbours for the next week