PDA

View Full Version : Harbour Auto

QuasarCav
02-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Has anyone been there?

I had some work done and it was a good experience, on time, on budget and no screwing around.

This isn't an ad or anything just wanted to give the name of a good guy because most experiences are not positive.

It's on 32nd pretty close to speedtech.

rage2
02-12-2004, 11:03 AM
If this is the same place, a friend of mine from years ago had some suspension work done there on his 280z, and one day the entire suspension just collapsed.

tulit
02-12-2004, 11:14 AM
They installed a fuel pressure sending unit for me and it continually leaked. I ended up having to get it redone by another shop that knew what they were doing. :thumbsdow

QuasarCav
02-12-2004, 11:19 AM
I had one of my cylinder heads replaced and a coolant flush and fill for 500$, he tossed in new plug and wires as well.

It's alot better than crappy tire returning my car, I go out to start it and they left the cables undone. silly bastards.

CRXguy
02-12-2004, 11:33 AM
I had my springs/struts installed there 3 years ago and they fucked up hardcore! The front was sitting higher than stock, while the back was fine. I asked them if they see anything wrong, and they said they installed everything right. :rolleyes:

While I was driving home, the strut tops somehow came loose so the top part pretty much banged under the hood when I went over a bump. I never got my money back. :thumbsdow :guns:

rage2
02-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I had one of my cylinder heads replaced and a coolant flush and fill for 500$, he tossed in new plug and wires as well.

It's alot better than crappy tire returning my car, I go out to start it and they left the cables undone. silly bastards.
Well there's your problem, you're going to Canadian Tire! :).

Anything is better than Canadian tire, and there's a lot of better places than Harbour for the same cheap prices.

QuasarCav
02-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah crappy tire is awful, but I could push my car down there from home.

Give me some ideas, someone who can fix domestic but do it without my lubing up everytime i nedd something.

(although if lube lowers the price, i'm game:) )

legendboy
02-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Harbour doesn't have a great rep, one of my viet mechanic friends always slams thoes guys for doing crappy work.

max_boost
02-12-2004, 01:00 PM
I remember talking to a buddy awhile back when they did a Spoon B18C3 swap? into his Del Sol and they jacked a bunch of shit form his car. Just seems shady!

Paul
02-12-2004, 01:11 PM
bro had some work done on his car there, got the car home and they left like 3 tools in the engine bay and left the rad cap off. Speaking of tools.......:rolleyes:

fcuk_it
02-12-2004, 02:18 PM
yeah they do shady work... last year i got a "new" rebuilt engine put into my car, and not even a month the engine starts to do shit my old engine did... it seemed like they didn't even put a new engine in and it... they even gave us a unregistered courtesy car and it broke down on deerfoot, so they gave us another unregistered car and we got pulled over by the cops and ticketed for the plates not matching the car...
SHADY MOTHERFUCKER:whipped:

QuasarCav
02-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, I would have never realized it was that crappy. My boss took me there once and I thought they were alright.

Well i hope my head doesn't brake on me.

They didn't even have courtesy cars when I went.

Any other places to suggest/warn

fcuk_it
02-12-2004, 02:24 PM
their courtesy cars are POS junkyard cars they have in their underground garage... they gave us a 86 cavilier wagon which broke down on deerfoot, and a 88 brown corolla... which is unregistered.... stay away from that place

dj_rice
02-13-2004, 03:12 AM
I dunno man,

I'm heard bad things about that place too, and when I needed my clutch fixed and my parents were paying for it, I showed them the business card to this place and they said Nope..I aint going here...its owned by a vietnamese guy so choose another place ..I'm like huh ?Cuz I'm viet myself so lol...I guess its badddddd...