PDA

View Full Version : hit and run 7th ave 5th st (tap n run)

colinxx235
11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Was getting on the bus and witnessed a red van back into a grey passat on 7th ave and 5th st just outside of w/e that radio station building is.

This was around 2:35pm. I couldn't tell if there was much damage.

The Grey Passat I believe was BDX-7533, looked like last gen.

If you are on here or know the person let me know if there are damages. Have the vehicle + plate # that back into your front bumper.

Disoblige
11-09-2012, 08:17 PM
You can probably just call the police and inform them. That way, police can contact the driver of the Grey Passat and see what he wants to do.

btimbit
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Yup, contact the police. If the Passat owner filed a report they can contact him/her to let them know a witness came forward

Hage69
11-09-2012, 10:54 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362277/were-you-run-off-the-road-by-a-red-minivan-today-look-inside-/

Connected possibly? :dunno:

ddduke
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Hage69
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/362277/were-you-run-off-the-road-by-a-red-minivan-today-look-inside-/

Connected possibly? :dunno:

Yeah, I think it's the notorious minivan bandit. Thank god you connected the dots. Lets get this son of a bitch.

colinxx235
11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
You can probably just call the police and inform them. That way, police can contact the driver of the Grey Passat and see what he wants to do.

Well I didn't see any major damage on the front of the passat, he definitely didn't back up super fast and smash it.
Plus those red caravans have those black plastic bumpers right?

Disoblige
11-10-2012, 10:45 AM
One time, some lady backed into my friend's car and luckily he saw it with witnesses and reported it to police. The police came to his house to look at the damages and even though it was just scratches to the bumper and paint, the policewoman said it was still important to report it.

IMO, the person who backed into the car is a dick because they knew they backed up into the car and didn't even bother to check what happened. They had no idea if there was little damage.

Unless the caravan hit it so lightly that he/she did not even notice they hit it. I don't know what happened, you're the witness, you should know :rofl:

colinxx235
11-10-2012, 03:28 PM
^

Yes I did see, my biggest issue is i'm not 100% sure the license plate was BDX-7533 on the passat. I tried to look because I saw it happen as I got on the bus and walked to the back quickly to see the passat plate before bus went but was at a tough angle...

edit:

otherwise can I submit online or do I need to phone. The caravans license plate was sparkly clean and extremely easy to see :)

FraserB
11-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Online should work.