PDA

View Full Version : FYI, cheap impact wrench at CT....$50

shutterbug_art8
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Good deal on a corded 1/2" impact wrench that can be used on lugs, on sale at CT...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/2/CordedPowerTools/CordlessImpactDrivers/PRD~0542734P/Mastercraft+%BD-in.+7.5A+Impact+Wrench.jsp?locale=en

Boosted131
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Do they still have the winter boot sale on?

89s1
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Just got home with mine. Thanks for the heads up, that's a killer deal.

AaronK
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Just bought one of these like a month ago for $80, they are really good. Worked great for swapping my winters on!

DeleriousZ
11-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I've had one of these for probably a good 5 years and it's never let me down.

Doesn't have the torque of the bigger air guns, but for being electric it's pretty damn good!!

Quite heavy tho, doesn't fit well into cramped spaces lol.

89s1
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
fuck, I went there with my stack of cantire money worth $30.80, it was a pretty thick stack of bills in my hand, and every fibre of my being wanted me to make it rain at the till.

Graham_A_M
11-12-2012, 05:44 PM
^ hahaha. I can SO see you do that. Yeah with a good handful of $0.05 & $0.10 cent bills, that must have been quite the stack.

Thanks for the heads up.

SportEL
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Do you guys use this more for ease of taking of the nuts off or more for quickness?

I never had trouble taking nuts off with my car's lug wrench.

Graham_A_M
11-12-2012, 08:11 PM
^ For ease. I use impacts all day at work.... FML if I had to do what they do by hand. :nut:

Sugarphreak
11-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Unknown303
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I need one of these.

Canucks3322
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
I got this during their anniversary sale for $30 :nut: ...their torque wrenchs are also half off this week...

Deetz
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
I held out for a sale last season for the beefier 8 amp model....marked down crazy from $199 to $60 :nut:

Love it!!!!!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/ImpactWrenches/PRDOVR~0541264P/Mastercraft+Maximum+Impact+Wrench.jsp?locale=en

topmade
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Canadiantire will have some better deals closer to christmas. I picked up that same gun with a bonus full set of impact sockets, the black ones for like $70 or something like that.

Sky
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Nice! That's what I got but paid $99, still happy though.

Originally posted by Deetz
I held out for a sale last season for the beefier 8 amp model....marked down crazy from $199 to $60 :nut:

Love it!!!!!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/ImpactWrenches/PRDOVR~0541264P/Mastercraft+Maximum+Impact+Wrench.jsp?locale=en

Rat Fink
11-14-2012, 08:09 AM

GTS4tw
11-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Damn, I gave mine away because I didn't think it had much power. It couldn't take the lugs off on my Dodge, nor my Buick I used to own, or any bolt that I could still crack loose with a 3/8 ratchet. I must've had a defective one. I went air power a long time ago at home and never looked back.

No, I think there are just a lot of people who have never had good tools. The CT one is a total piece of shit. The princess auto one is too, but at least you aren't supporting CT if you buy it.

Ive tried it on everything from lug nuts, to suspension bolts, to pulley bolts, to random bolts on trailers, boats etc. Worthless crap. Bust out my cheapo air tools and never have a problem. I'm guessing its good on very light cars or bolts that have only been put on by an electric impact.

Plus it's Mastercraft and since they stopped honoring their warranty there is no point in buying them. Tons of cheap tool companies sell the exact same made in china guns, but for far cheaper than CT and don't blatantly lie about their warranty. There is another thread on this from this time last year that shows a far superior product at princess auto, it is more powerful, and they WILL honor their warranty.

Fuck Canadian Tire.

G-ZUS
11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
I just used mine to dismantle the whole suspension on an Acura EL, seems pretty powerful to me

FraserB
11-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Mine has worked fine, but its the more powerful one linked to above. Pretty much on sale 4 times a year. I know no one that actually buys at retail price there.

DeleriousZ
11-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

No, I think there are just a lot of people who have never had good tools. The CT one is a total piece of shit. The princess auto one is too, but at least you aren't supporting CT if you buy it.

Ive tried it on everything from lug nuts, to suspension bolts, to pulley bolts, to random bolts on trailers, boats etc. Worthless crap. Bust out my cheapo air tools and never have a problem. I'm guessing its good on very light cars or bolts that have only been put on by an electric impact.

Plus it's Mastercraft and since they stopped honoring their warranty there is no point in buying them. Tons of cheap tool companies sell the exact same made in china guns, but for far cheaper than CT and don't blatantly lie about their warranty. There is another thread on this from this time last year that shows a far superior product at princess auto, it is more powerful, and they WILL honor their warranty.

Fuck Canadian Tire.

You must not know how to use impact tools then? The only thing I haven't been able to remove with mine is bolts that have sheared in half after taking a 5' breaker bar to them.

GTS4tw
11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

You must not know how to use impact tools then? The only thing I haven't been able to remove with mine is bolts that have sheared in half after taking a 5' breaker bar to them.

Lol, its true that I only remove a few thousand bolts a year, do 100% of my own work on my small fleet of POS beaters that constantly need overhauling, change tires over for everyone I know, and own both of the impacts mentioned in this thread as well as air tools, maybe im just inexperienced and havent used a lot of tools...:poosie:

edit: I imagine they would be fine as long as the bolt has been taken out recently by a proper tool, air or hand, or is on a relatively new car. I have tried hundreds of bolts and the only time I have found those useful is if you break it loose by hand first, handy if you have a kid as a helper since they can handle the power of those. However I only work on 80s-90s vehicles and have never found a bolt (short of maybe an interior panel bolt) that they could handle.

Sugarphreak
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM

Cos
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM