PDA

View Full Version : 290i-C wiring install diagram

grizzly98
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger that had a Comand Start 290i-C installed by the dealership when the vehicle was purchased new. Recently a Brown wire came loose in the engine compartment and now the engine won't shut down when the CS is used. Where ever they hid the connector for the brown wire I can't find it. Is there a wiring install diagram and instructions available? I have the user manual but it doesn't help much. Thanks,

sr20s14zenki
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Brown wire is usually hood pin....is the hood pin still connected?

grizzly98
11-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I could not find a connector at that point but will check again in case I missed it. TNX

sr20s14zenki
11-13-2012, 06:35 AM
It should be a little pin that your hood pushes down when you close it. They usually drill a hole, most likely in the top of the rad support. Usually a metal base with a little black plastic pin. There wont be a connector , but just a little spade on the bottom of the hood pin.

grizzly98
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
The only thing that I could find that didn't look like OEM was a hollow brass colored 1/4 inch bolt that is installed on the driver side engine compartment side rail. If there was a push pin in the hollow part it has deteriorated and been lost over the course of time. Is there anywhere that I can get a replacement? BTW when I start the engine with the command start I have to short out the brown wire to ground to get the engine to shut down.

sr20s14zenki
11-13-2012, 05:44 PM
YES, the pin looks like a bolt. They are cheap, can get em at any install bay. If it has no wire on it, chances are thats where your brown wire goes. Yes that wire is there, so that if the hood is popped, the engine will shut off so it cant hurt you with an accidental start up.

grizzly98
11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Installed the new hood pin. Is there a reprogramming step that I need to do so that the remote functions correctly now? When I first installed the hood pin and closed the hood the remote worked just as it should but after using the vehicle a couple of times I tested the remote and it would just beep at me.

sr20s14zenki
11-16-2012, 06:47 PM
No clue man, see if you can find a manual for your device online.

Glad that it atleast worked a bit tho...lol

there shouldnt be any programming to that, its just a simple open or closed switch....

grizzly98
11-16-2012, 11:39 PM
I was referring to programing the remote

Strugari
12-01-2012, 09:51 PM
1. Open Hood
2. Press hood switch down and release
3. Lights will come on the vehicle
4. Before lights go out press and release the hood switch quickly
5. Lights should stay on
6. Press button I on the transmitter until lights go out. (Couple seconds)
7. Close hood and try the remote start.