PDA

View Full Version : Best Registry?

Sugarphreak
11-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Cos
11-14-2012, 09:33 PM

shakalaka
11-14-2012, 09:35 PM
And the post the one where you encountered this douche, so other people can avoid it!

Sugarphreak
11-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Graham_A_M
11-14-2012, 09:47 PM
^ I dont know if he legally can smear you with anything. Its strictly against their policy to post anything.

I've used Southland registry off of Southland, and Horton Road for (QUITE) a few years, at least 13 now. I've been quite happy with them. Shawnessy isn't too bad either.

Sugarphreak
11-14-2012, 10:09 PM

shakalaka
11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Fair enough, that is your call.:)

sillysod
11-14-2012, 10:18 PM
I wish we could know who owns what/works where on this board without breaking the rules.

Would be nice to be able to help each other out here. We have 15+ vehicles in our company spread out between owners personal and corperate ones and it makes no difference to me where I get the registrations done. Would be happy to help out someone on here.

We use McLeod Trail Registry because they are closest, but the people are generally rude there.

ddduke
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Every registry I've been to is full of cunts. 130th ave is terrible and on top of the girls being rude as fuck they're also disgusting. Riverbend I got yelled at for asking for a second picture (I was wearing a motorcycle helmet) and got in an argument with her. Marda Loop has one really rude old white bitch, but all her work mates are brown and they all seem to be decent, they're also opened late, so I consider them to be the winners of all the losers.

ExtraSlow
11-14-2012, 10:36 PM
AMA registries has been a pleasure to deal with at both the downtown and sunridge locations.

TomcoPDR
11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Southland and Mojo's :thumbsup:

lilmira
11-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I go to Crowfoot mostly and don't remember bad service from past experience.

FraserB
11-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I used Shawnessy last time and couldn't be happier. In and out super fast, no BS, even ran a few vanity plates for me to see if they were available.

@ sillysod; If you use Shawnessy, you might be supporting fellow board members.;)

Masked Bandit
11-14-2012, 11:51 PM
I've used Shawnessy for years, long before I found out there was a Beyond connection. I've always had good luck there. They're even open Sundays.

The one at 130th Ave though, that's another story. It's like the staff get bonuses for every customer they turn away empty handed & pissed off.

dannie
11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm gonna stay out of this thread.... but I will say that everyone has different experiences. I would love to tell you which office is good, bad, shitty with paperwork, bring monitored by the government or even the ones that hire the reject employees. But I can't.

What I can tell you is that registry clerks are treated like shit all day long. With the amount of services that are provided at registries, they get all types. Last week we had to call the police on a client and have him forcefully removed, take the license of a woman with severe Alzheimer's, calm down the mother of a 16yr old that failed the road test, take care of a woman who had nearly her entire family die in an accident and explain to a new Canadian that they are not entitled to Alberta health care and that they have to pay for their drs visit until it gets sorted out. Not to mention the insane amounts of people that don't listen to what a clerk says and twists it to fit what they want it to be.

That's a lot of shit within 5 days. But it's what we have to deal with.

So, although there are definitely some bad eggs out there (as there are with any profession), please remember to not let one person ruin it for you.

btimbit
11-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Shawnessy and Southland are pretty good. There's always a massive slow moving line when I go to Shawnessy, but the people are generally friendly at least. Southland is decent as well, but I have encountered one rude older woman working there numerous times.

I've generally had good luck with all AMA locations, never much of a line, always quick and friendly.

+1 for avoiding 130th. Like MaskedBandit touched on, I'm pretty sure they hand out 'Dickhead of the month' awards or something.

Hallowed_point
11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Southland and or Marda Loop..both have been decent to me

M.alex
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Shawnessy here :D

Palmiros
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Crowfoot AMA has been great to me. They also take VISA as a method of payment.

Cooked Rice
11-15-2012, 12:20 AM
For the hood (aka NE):

Registry Unlimited by the Future Shop. They've been pretty good to me, and actually listen to you when you're trying to explain something.

Taradale Registry, AVOID! :whipped: I refuse to use this registry. Mostly brown females that work there whom are all rude and unwilling to listen to you, and not trying to be racist either. Basically they accused me of being me a liar etc... I went to this place trying to register a imported vehicle with ALL paper work and the original bill of sale/invoice from Japan, customs papers, bill of lading, brokerage papers, everything, and they basically said to me "how do we know this is yours?" when everything had my name on it. They wanted to see an Alberta Bill of Sale, which is unrealistic for a JDM, and refused to take a closer look at any of the other paperwork I had including the Canada customs import form, then they proceeded to say that the VIN was fake, even though it was on the Import paperwork stamped by Canada Border Services. Then after speaking to 3 of them, the last lady told me to falsify a Alberta Bill of Sale and return with it. Wtf...

max_boost
11-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by dannie
I'm gonna stay out of this thread.... but I will say that everyone has different experiences. I would love to tell you which office is good, bad, shitty with paperwork, bring monitored by the government or even the ones that hire the reject employees. But I can't.

What I can tell you is that registry clerks are treated like shit all day long. With the amount of services that are provided at registries, they get all types. Last week we had to call the police on a client and have him forcefully removed, take the license of a woman with severe Alzheimer's, calm down the mother of a 16yr old that failed the road test, take care of a woman who had nearly her entire family die in an accident and explain to a new Canadian that they are not entitled to Alberta health care and that they have to pay for their drs visit until it gets sorted out. Not to mention the insane amounts of people that don't listen to what a clerk says and twists it to fit what they want it to be.

That's a lot of shit within 5 days. But it's what we have to deal with.

So, although there are definitely some bad eggs out there (as there are with any profession), please remember to not let one person ruin it for you.

:werd:

I had no idea you guys dealt with so much until my buddy started sharing stories with me.

:eek:

msommers
11-15-2012, 01:33 AM
There is one in the NE (far for you Phreak) but those guys are super nice and it's never busy whenever I go.

2333 18 Ave NE

The Peace River registry recently f'ed up my annual registration address and I should have looked closer but didn't think anything of it. Got my parking permit and the lady mentioned something. So I go down and get it corrected...10 bucks! Lesson learned but look closely at the slip or you pay for their mistakes!

ga16i
11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I really enjoy dealing with the AMA registry at Willow Park. Every year I show up bright and early on Saturday and I'm usually in and out within 15 minutes, the lines are never too bad and everyone I've dealt with speaks English and moderately hot.

Sugarphreak
11-15-2012, 10:46 AM

Mibz
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow, I got angry just reading that...

I use Shawnessy Registry and Shawnessy AMA, both have been really good. Obviously there are long line-ups a lot of the time but staff has been friendly.

lilmira
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Can the leasee be the seller on a bill of sale?
When you return a leased vehicle, I don't think there is any transfer of ownership. There is no bill of sale, is there?

dannie
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Clerk was wrong. (Assuming everything is as you say...)

Your company never actually owns the car when it's leased. Essentially, it's rented and the lease co owns it.

What should happen is you produce a bill of sale from a dealership to you personally, valid insurance in your personal name and we register it. The only catch is the plates. 99% of the time, you Will be required to get new plates in your personal name. You then cancel the old plates and get a refund. There are certain circumstances that allow registries to change the name on the plate, but they are few and far between.

What the clerk was trying to get across (based on how your saying it) is that there is a distinct difference between you and your company. Even though you own the company. It is a separate "person" or entity with registries.

dannie
11-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
Can the leasee be the seller on a bill of sale?
When you return a leased vehicle, I don't think there is any transfer of ownership. There is no bill of sale, is there?

Correct. Because the leasee never owned the car.

Sugarphreak
11-15-2012, 11:18 AM

Sugarphreak
11-15-2012, 11:20 AM

dannie
11-15-2012, 11:23 AM
If you hadn't produced a bill of sale from the dealership, registries would require a bill of sale from the company to you personally to register the car in your name. But you produced a bill of sale from the dealer, so the one from your co to you, is a moot point

Sugarphreak
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM