PDA

View Full Version : Switching Hotmail.com account to Outlook.com account

GT.....O?
11-15-2012, 10:22 PM
So I am a bit confused when it comes to this

I am trying to get my hotmail.com account switched into a outlook.com account. The reason I want this is that for some reason when I delete an email in the hotmail.com account it only gets deleted off the phone and not in the actual inbox online. This is kind of annoying because after a month or so I will have 200+ emails, 80 % of them being junk i deleted off my phone.

My question is, i know that you can change your email from hotmail.com to outlook.com, however if you do this, do emails sent to the hotmail.com account automatically get sent to the outlook account or is that address now dead and i will have to change everything over?

Has anyone tried this? Or know what happens?

fcukda
11-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I had this problem on my android phone too. There was an option to sync your phone inbox with hotmail.

Disoblige
11-15-2012, 10:54 PM
I personally would not alter the hotmail address. Rather, I'd just sign up for a outlook address instead and keep the existing hotmail as is.

If the reason you're switching to Outlook is because Outlook lets you delete from the server, then you could just forward your hotmail e-mails the outlook e-mail, and it will not leave the e-mail in your hotmail inbox.

eblend
11-16-2012, 01:20 PM
you can get the outlook.com account view from your existing hotmail account. I use my hotmail account for everything, but I login to it through outlook.com. I have all my accounts linked to there, my real outlook.com account as well as my hotmail account.